A Little Life

Traveling With My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

''To me..
        You are perfect.''
 


The doors of Jorrvaskr slammed open, instantly silencing the drunken yells and loud conversation as two shadows, one slightly shorter than the other, stumbled in. Aela, a member of The Companions snapped her head up in alarm at the rough entrance, ‘’What’s the meaning of this?’’ She demanded but then realized the shorter man was dragging another man along who looked a lot like Jinki. 


‘’I need a healer!’’ Jonghyun yelled then adjusted his hold around Jinki’s waist as the man moaned in pain. ‘’Are you sure this is the right place?’’ He pressed his lips together while eyeing two bulky twins coming their way with slight fear.


‘’We take him from here.’’ One of them said, hands reaching out to take Jinki from him but Jonghyun was doubtful and tightened his hold slightly. ‘’Yes, It’s alright Jonghyun.’’ Jinki took a moment between pains to smile up at him, ‘’Farkas and Vilkas are good friends.’’


Still not completely convinced, he allowed the twins to take Jinki away, his injuries were more important than Jonghyun’s trust issues. 


‘’Care to tell me what happened?’’ The same woman from before approached him while the others looked on from afar. Jonghyun wondered who these people were, Jinki had mentioned how he was a lone wolf like him but it didn’t look like the older man was alone at all. 


‘’That idiot followed me and got himself stuck in a beartrap.’’ Jonghyun rubbed his temples while following the woman down the steps towards a firepit and a set of tables decorated with food, from meat to pie as well as tankards with Ale. 


Aela clucked her tongue and sat down at the table, ‘’Why am I not surprised.’’ She muttered and gestured for him to take a seat. ‘’He’s a clumsy man, please sit down and have a hot meal while we wait.’’ 


Jonghyun thought about taking her offer since he hadn’t had breakfast yet but he wasn’t here to wait, eat and socialize with these people. ‘’I can’t stay.’’ His Mocha eyes flickered to the door. ‘’Thank you for the offer though.’’ He couldn’t stay, not when he didn’t trust these people and felt like bringing bad luck. Just look at what happened with Jinki. It was his fault the other followed him and got himself in trouble with a bear trap. 


‘’Wait!’’ She grabbed his wrist. ‘’Don’t you want to see Jinki at least?’’ Slowly he turned to her, a frown on his sharp features. ‘’Why should I?’’ He replied harshly, yanking his wrist from her hold and making another attempt to leave this place. 


Aela crossed her arms over her Ancient Nord Armored chest, ‘’I thought you two were acquaintances or friends.’’ Jonghyun froze in his steps, a snort leaving his lips, ‘’We aren’t friends.’’ He denied, no one was his friend, and those who were had been lost a long time ago.


‘’I don’t believe that.’’ She uttered, ‘’Why else would you care to help him and bring him all the way here?’’ Why indeed? Jonghyun wondered that too, what was so special about Jinki that he felt guilt and regret for leaving him behind in that bear trap when they were in the forest then came back for him and dragged Jinki all the way to Whiterun so his friends could heal him?


‘’I-i d-don’t…’’ He breathed through his nose, eyes averted to his feet, feeling confused about his own feelings and that scared him. If there was one thing he always had control over in his life then it was his heart. 


The footsteps coming up the stairs distracted Jonghyun from his internal struggle. ‘’Jinki is alright.’’ Farkas said as he approached the two, ‘’It was just a deep cut, nothing a healing potion can’t heal.’’ Jonghyun released a breath of relief which he didn’t realize he was holding and that bothered him greatly. ‘’He wants to see you.’’ the deep voice from Farkas had him look up with a raised eyebrow.


‘’Oh really?’’ 


Farkas shrugged, ‘’Up to you kid.’’ then he walked off to join the others, leaving Jonghyun to mull things over before giving the woman a nod to lead the way, he just had to accept the fact that he couldn’t leave before seeing Jinki one last time. Aela smiled at him as she stepped past him but remained silent. He followed after the woman without further comment down a flight of stairs and through a door. 


‘’These are our sleeping quarters, the whelps just pick a bed to fall in when they’re tired.’’ She told him as they walked towards a room at the other side of a long hallway with shields on the walls and tables pushed against the sides with snacks on them. 


‘’Look, lady, I could care a less. I’m just here to see Jinki then I’m leaving.’’ Jonghyun pointed out, the less welcomed he felt, the sooner he had the urge to leave. 


She frowned, ‘’Suit yourself.’’ Jonghyun followed her around a corner and saw Jinki lay on one of the 8 beds in the room, one foot bandaged and a half-empty bottle of healing potion on the nightstand. 


Aela neared the Brunette, slapping his shoulder. ‘’I’m highly disappointed that a beartrap got you, what were you thinking?’’ Jinki peeked an eye open, glaring at her through it although a cheeky smile grew on his lips. ‘’I was distracted alright!’’ He closed both eyes as she sighed profoundly than to Jonghyun’s surprise, his hair.


‘’Be careful next time.’’ She scolded him with a fonder tone. ‘’You were lucky someone was there to bring you back.’’ Jinki opened his eyes at that, instantly catching sight of Jonghyun standing a bit away from the bed. 


‘’Jonghyun!’’ He breathed, immediately trying to sit up in bed although his injury didn’t like all the jostling causing Jinki to cry out in pain. Jonghyun hurried over, hands hovering over the older man before he eventually put them on Jinki’s shoulders. ‘’Stop moving!’’ He grumbled, pushing Jinki back down and throwing the fur blankets over him for more warmth and comfort. 


‘’Why do you have to hurt yourself like that?’’


Jinki grinned, like a kid getting his favorite ice-cream, ‘’Because I like to be with you.’’ His voice sounded so sincere then, the black-haired man felt speechless and unable to do anything but stare. Why was Jinki like that? This man came out of nowhere, offering to be a companion while traveling to Riverwood, Jonghyun had run off then but this man had been persistent.


Even their one-night stand and Jonghyun leaving again hadn’t stopped Jinki from going after him only to stumble into that bear-trap. 


‘’You don’t know me.’’ Jonghyun narrowed his eyes, feeling like he was repeating himself for the fifth time which was probably the case with this stubborn mule in front of him. ‘’Why are you so obsessed with me? I’m not giving you any reason to like me at all!’’ 


Aela glanced between them before leaving the room, it wasn’t her place to ask questions. These two obviously had something going on and while humans were curious by nature, she had other things to do then stay and bother them. 


Jinki watched Jonghyun with pity, the poor guy seemed so insecure and bend on talking himself down. ‘’You gave me plenty, you just aren’t aware of it,’’ Jonghyun grumbled darkly under his breath. ‘’You don’t understand...no one does.’’ His tone was shaky, eyes filled with sadness and mouth turned down. ‘’I-i need to go.’’ 


Fleeing was something he was always good at and now it wasn’t any different.


However, he didn’t get far as Jinki grabbed his hand and pulled him back before he could even take a step away from the bed, in the progress toppling over Jinki and landing on a soft pillow-like surface. Moments later grasping the fact that his head had landed on the other’s chest.


Autumn and Apples filled his nostrils, a scent he was all too familiar with nowadays. "What's your damage?" Jonghyun whined, pushing himself up as the warmth of the other’s body touched his skin, not expecting to be this close to Jinki’s face. He found out that he liked looking into those almond-shaped eyes of his, felt a certain warmth emanating from the brown depths.


‘’Make me understand,’’ Jinki replied softly, a sturdy hand sliding up his bicep, shoulder blade, neck, eventually cupping his chin. ‘’Make me understand your world.’’ 


If there is one thing Jinki taught then it was to not never give up on someone, they both had a rough past and while his life was significantly better then Jonghyun’s, it didn’t mean he couldn’t relate and help in any way he could. 


Jonghyun’s breath hitched, Mocha eyes wide and startled, like a puppy getting cornered and seeing no way out. The smaller man though, always tried to escape, no matter what. ‘’It’s none of your business.’’ He snarled, wild eyes and gritted teeth, slapping Jinki’s hand away. 


‘’Then MAKE it my business.’’ Jinki snatched his wrists out of the air and held them close to his chest. ‘’I’m willing to listen, open your heart to me Jonghyun.’’ He pleaded meanwhile intertwining their fingers together and holding them up to his lips. ‘’I meant it when I said I like you, give me a chance.’’ 


A whimper left pink lips, Jonghyun trembled ever so slightly, it was difficult to open up to someone who was this invested in his life. He wasn’t important but this man, made him feel different. 


He just couldn’t understand Jinki. 


But it didn’t matter, Jinki will leave after hearing everything. Jinki let the other think in silence, keeping himself busy with kissing each fingertip and marveling how soft the smaller palms of the other were, how delicate. 


‘’O-okay.’’ Jonghyun finally complied, puppy eyes flickering cautiously between their hands and his face. ‘’Just-’’ He swallowed and his dry lips, ‘’- Just don't tear me down after you heard my story.’’


He was so vulnerable at that moment, Jinki wouldn’t dare, instead he comfortable settled back down on the bed, bringing the smaller man with him into his arms and onto their sides with the blanket over their bodies to keep them warm. 


Lazily he dragged a muscular arm over Jonghyun’s tiny waist, making sure there was enough space between them so that he didn’t feel suffocated with their proximity but still close enough to not make him feel alone. 
 

‘’Go ahead.’’ Jinki encouraged with a fond look on his features. Jonghyun squirmed slightly, avoiding eye-contact as a cozy feeling made his muscles relax in Jinki’s hold before clearing his throat as if preparing himself for a long story.


‘’It all began 26 years ago when I was born…’’ Jonghyun's eyes took on a faraway look as if remembering everything.

 

 

26 years ago

 

A long time ago Skyrim was rich with flora and fauna, a beautiful place with greens and blues that smelled so full of life, it was refreshing. The forests stretched out for miles and were inhabited by Deer, Moose, Bison, Reindeer, Rodents, Rabbits, Raccoons, Bears, Skunks, and even Mammoths but above all the Wolves or to be more specific, Werewolves. 


Wolves lived in groups called ''packs.'' There usually was an Alpha leader closely followed by their family-members which consisted of other Alphas, Omegas, Betas, and their offsprings. Wolves that are not family could join if they didn't have a pack of their own. 


Werewolves were strange creature

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter