Chapter 6

Be My Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let herself in. Something that would be a lot easier if Mina had remembered that Nayeon doesn't live in her dorm. Which means that her student ID won't let her in the door. Instead, Nayeon is forced to wait outside, bouncing on her toes slightly and trying not appear suspicious. She's been out there ten minutes when finally a group of freshmen approaches, and she's able to tuck herself into the back of their group.

Focuses on keeping her breath even as she walks to the kitchen. Nayeon knows it's completely illogical, that an RA isn't going to pop up and throw her out, but that doesn't stop her from being anxious. Rules are meant to be followed, after all. The kitchen is empty when she reaches it, and she rolls her eyes as she reads the note. Mina had finished up and gone upstairs, see her soon. Complete with a little heart.

When she makes it up the stairs, Mina is waiting outside of dorm room in a pair of short shorts and a bouquet of flowers that she's obviously picked around campus. Nayeon looks down to hide her smile, though she's pretty sure she's still blushing when she accepts the gift. And, because Mina can always outdo herself, the inside of her dorm is even better. There's a sheet hung over the windows, and Mina’s taken the time to rearrange her fairy lights so that they run along the ceiling all around the room. Beyond them, the only light comes from three pillar candles sitting in the middle of what appears to be the room's two desks pushed together and covered by yet another sheet.

Mina grins at her sheepishly. " I thought about laying out flower petals too, but I thought that might read a little more... you know than romantic."

"It's perfect." Because that's better than saying that 'ya know' wouldn't exactly be unappreciated. "You're wonderful, you know that right?"

"Yes well-" Mina straightens her jacket dramatically before pulling out one of the chairs- "I always like to show the girls I date a good time. Now come on, the portabellas will get cold. I know how much you like cheese- so it's mushrooms, tomato, cheese and just a little bit of basil. Mom’s recipe. So you better eat up."

The fact that Mina put so much thought into making something that Nayeon would like is a bit overwhelming considering the case of butterflies she already has. Especially when the woman takes the bouquet from her, promising that it's only temporary, and drops them in a vase on the table. The setup, though makeshift, feels more romantic than any restaurant. So Nayeon sits rather than trying to think up something witty to say, she just laughs slightly as she sits down. "Yes, ma'am."

All and all, it's a beautiful dinner. Nayeon hadn't been aware of just how well that Mina could cook, and her friend seems determined to pull out all the stops for this, their last date. Between pulling out her seat, and somehow managing to have gotten her hands on a bottle of wine. They both end up putting it to the side after a few sips, unused to the taste, but it's the thought that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter