Chapter 4

Be My Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's almost five on Wednesday when a knock comes on Nayeon’s dorm room door. Jeongyeon is at a meeting for the BSA, not due back for at least another two hours and she isn't expecting anyone. Another knock forces her from her seat and Nayeon mentally prays that it isn't Jimin just stopping by again. He's a sweet guy, he really is, but ever since she realized that he liked her, there's been too much pressure not to let him down. Too many years of hearing that she should give nice guys a chance, after all, look at all the s out there.

High school had been easier in that regard. Between her sister and her, there had been a buffer between her and the rest of the world. Her father's influence also meant that while there had definitely been a few guys who were interested, none of them were willing to face potential Im family wrath if things didn't work out.

Tentatively she opens the door, sighs in relief when Mina holds up two bags. Nayeon barely has time to step out of the way before the other girl pushes her way through muttering about her math class again. "I wish it were possible to see who is in your class when you sign up. If I could, I'd make sure I never had a class with that again. Someone suggested today that maybe the weekly student movies shouldn't be held in a building that has stairs and no ramps at both entrances and he started ranting about the historical value of the building. It's less than 20 years old. There is no historical value in buildings from the 90s."

"Hey, at least your presentation is over." Nayeon perches on the corner of her desk as Mina ruffles through the bags on her bag. "And you're done with him for the week, right? No math class on Fridays?"

"Aw, you remember my schedule. That is why, my dear girlfriend-" Mina turns as she says it, one hand dramatically placed over her heart-"I brought ice cream. We are going to celebrate. But first, you're going to need to point me in the direction of your bowls unless you'd like to eat out of the carton."

Personally, Nayeon has no qualms about that, but she still walks over to her closet to snag the package of bowls and the box of plastic silverware that she keeps there. Mina scoops them out both a bowl while Nayeon sets up her computer, looking for a playlist to serve as background noise. Ends up picking something with pop pun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter