Chapter 5

Be My Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thursday Mina walks her to her sociology class, only breaking away when Nayeon promises to text her so that they can meet up for lunch. As if Nayeon would rather eat lunch alone, or with someone else. Not that she doesn't have other friends, or at least, Nayeon thinks she does. But college is weird and half of the people she's friendly with she only sees during classes or the occasional dinner. Then again, her and Mina found each other pretty early on in the school year at the club fair and had been mostly inseparable since. It was funny how at a school with what seemed like dozens of clubs, none of them had felt both interesting and welcoming for Nayeon. Mina occasionally attends SAGA, the on-campus group for LGBT students, Jeongyeon’s in not only the choir but also a club for political hopefuls. Jihyo, Mina’s roommate, apparently plays soccer. Spends most of her time with the older players, crashing at their places after practice rather than bothering with the dorms.

And Nayeon? Nayeon’s got Mina and skype calls with her sister.

The classroom is mostly filled by the time that Nayeon actually walks inside and she glances around for Jimin. Feels only slightly ashamed when she's relieved to notice that he isn't there. Walks up to Hoseok instead, digging through her bag for the binder she keeps her notes in. "Hey, I told Jimin I would copy my notes for him. Do you mind giving them to him?"

Hoseok looks surprised that she's talking to him for a moment, but after a strange pause finally nods. "Yeah."

"Alright-" Nayeon puts them down on his desk- "And can you tell him that if he needs today's notes just to let me know? I'm always happy to share."

Another slow nod and Nayeon takes the hint and walks over to a corner seat. Around the start of the semester she'd taken to sitting in the front row of all her classes, hoping that it would win her brownie points with the professors. At this point, though, she's perfectly content to blend into the background. Besides, the only class she actually needs brownie points in is Spanish and as much as she's been panicking about the upcoming test, she's not doing all that badly.

About twenty minutes after the lecture has begun, almost two pages into her detailed notes, Jimin finally waltzes in. The professor gives him a disapproving glare before waving him on to take a seat and Nayeon does her best to focus on her notes and not the way that he's already looked past the empty seat next to Jisoo. Thankfully her position means that there isn't a seat anywhere near her, and finally, he gives in after a huff from the teacher and tosses his backpack on the floor next to Hoseok.

After class is over, she almost makes it out the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter