IX. Her Hope

High Hopes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.

.

PRESENT TIME (PT. 2)

.

.

Fire enveloped Taehyung as he slowly walked down the royal red carpet laid out in the throne room. The near-manic smile King Hyunsuk had on his face was enough to chip at Taehyung’s temper yet he restrained himself. Chaeri was nowhere in sight and he couldn’t risk attacking the entire royal family and elite guard before finding her location.

“You must be lover boy,” Yerin chimed from Hyunsuk’s right side. Taehyung’s eyes snapped to hers and she smirked, her hands placed on her hips. “I’m a er for romance. Let’s see this long-waited reunion.”

The doors on the side of the throne room opened agonizingly slow and Minho dragged Chaeri in by her leash. She kept her head down, not noticing his presence in the room yet and she stumbled with every step. She looked so painfully small and vulnerable and Taehyung’s fire began to flurry, a sign he was losing control.

Jimin and Yuna had gone to bring reinforcements to the palace but he knew if they were here, they would caution him to calm down. Taehyung stood unnervingly still, restraining himself with every fiber in his body.

“Come here, my angel,” Hyunsuk commanded, motioning towards Chaeri. When she didn’t move, Minho jerked her towards Hyunsuk and Taehyung nearly faltered, rage making his mind blank. “Look who came for you,” the ruthless King cooed in her ear.

He took her chin and turned it towards Taehyung and immediately, her dull eyes sparked with the same fire he had fallen in love with.  Taehyung’s breath hitched and Chaeri trembled in disbelief, hope filling her for the first time in what seemed like forever.

It had been 786 days since she had been trapped in this palace.

533 days since she had last seen him.

She had counted every second.

“Release her collar,” Hyunsuk commanded and his guards jerked in surprise.

“Are you sure, sir?” Minho asked with uncertainty but the vicious glare he received in return made him yelp and he immediately unlatched the lock on Chaeri’s nullifying collar.

In a flash, Hyunsuk grabbed Chaeri’s arms behind her back with a sword pressed against .

“Stop!” Taehyung bellowed out as fear gripped him. He was so close to her yet he was so close to losing her.

Hyunsuk barked out a laugh at the situation before his lips, an evil glint in his eyes. “How does it feel, little angel? Now, why don’t you put your Charm Speak into action. I’m sure the rebel army’s Commander would make a wonderful addition to my collection of pawns. If you dare turn on me, my guard will have you down in an instant and I’ll kill you and lover boy in the worst imaginable way possible. Now tell him to surrender,” he whispered and an icy chill ran up Chaeri’s spine.

Taehyung unconsciously took a step closer to her and Chaeri’s eyes widened.

“Don’t come any closer!” The words tumbled out of before she could stop them.

He stopped in his tracks and stared at her with shocked wide eyes. Her amethyst eyes glowed and tears streamed down her cheeks. “Please,” her voice was hoarse, and it cracked with so much emotion in that one word.

“Chaeri…” His voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter