VII. Finding Hope

High Hopes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.

.

PRESENT TIME (PT. 1)

.

.

Paradise Country.

Taehyung stood in the beautiful town inhaling and exhaling deeply. His fists clenched so hard his knuckles turned white as he restrained himself from ditching his post and running off to find Chaeri in this godforsaken land.

What had happened?

It had happened so suddenly one day at headquarters it was like a blur. A flood of memories came rushing back into his mind; memories of a beautiful girl who had the sweetest voice. Memories of a girl he had for some reason forgotten.

It physically ached his heart that he could ever forget such a person. His feet itched to run and find her and make sure she was okay. He wanted to scour every corner of this horrible place to find his siren; this horrible place she had gone off to two years ago on a mission.

A mission she had never returned from.

Rage filled him as he wondered how he could have forgotten her so easily as if she had never mattered. What was wrong with him? What had filled his mind in the past two years when he recalled their memories together?

Absolutely nothing.

A dark void of blankness.

This was why the world of magic was so fearsome. One touch of the hand from Yerin—the Paradise Country elite guard he had read up on—and all memories of that person were erased from everyone’s memories.

What an atrocious power. To make him and the entire rebel army forget about Chaeri and all of their other agents, that had previously been sent to Paradise Country and never returned, was absolutely despicable. It was how Paradise Country shrouded their crimes and why it was known as “paradise” to those who didn’t know any better. Anyone who found out the true nature of the Paradise Country had their existence wiped from their loved ones’ memories and they were enslaved by the royal family.

Something must have happened to Yerin, the woman with the ability Eraser, because one day, all of his memories of Chaeri and their other agents had come rushing into his mind like a tsunami crashing down and the entire rebel headquarters was thrown into chaos. Bang Sihyuk pulled together an urgent mission with their top agents to go to Paradise Country and clean up this mess before Yerin could do more harm.

Yuna, Jimin, Namjoon, Yeji, Ryujin and Taehyung were dispatched first and he squeezed his eyes tight, fighting the urge to shout for Chaeri. No matter how much he wanted to go and find her and flick her head to make sure she was real, he couldn’t.

He had a mission to do: free the captured citizens from the royal family.

Taehyung was sure that wherever the royal family was, Chaeri would be nearby as well. Yerin was a guard to the king and if she had exposed Chaeri’s position in the rebel army, they were probably keeping her captive.

Fire swirled around his arms as he focused his attention to the guards rushing their way. Five…Ten…Fifteen… No matter, he thought to himself. He would defeat them all and enter the palace on way or another.

“Let’s do this,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter