Chapter 6: Jealousy

Elk of the Armour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week has passed since Elkie first started archery lessons with Yeeun.

 They've had lessons early in the morning every couple days since but other than the lessons the knight noticed that the princess would barely talk to her. 
 
It was disappointing because Elkie missed their talks. 

It felt like Yeeun was the only person that understands her here. 

She couldn't help but feel attached to her in a way. 

Today Elkie decided it would be another lesson day so that she could talk to the princess but heading to her room she ran into Yeeun in the hallway. 

"Captain hi I was just about to come see you. I know we had an archery lesson today but you can have the day off. Enjoy the day. I'll be traveling out of town today but I'll be accompanied by someone else." 
Yeeun gave an awkward smile then briskly walked away seemingly in a hurry.

Elkie stood there dumbfounded. Yeeun hasn't called her captain in a while. 

Elkie thought their relationship was growing but it seems it had just taken big steps back.

What changed?? The knight heard distant voices coming from below so she looked over the ledge. 

There was the princess and one of her knights named Hui. 

They were walking to one of the carriages to leave. Elkie felt something inside of her shatter to pieces. 

After all the time they spent together Yeeun decides to go out with another knight when Elkie's job is to be at the princess's side??

 Elkie sighed walking away to spend her apparent day off training and working out. 
 
She entered the room in her workout gear noticing the room was surprisingly empty.

It was just her alone with her thoughts so she picked up one of the wooden training swords and took out her feelings on one of the dummies. 

Little did the knight know that Yeeun and Hui were on a secret mission. 

"Do you think Elkie will be mad I went without her for once. I mean we never leave each other's side." Yeeun sighed biting her lower lip worried about how the knight was handling her sudden day off. 

"I mean she shouldn't be it's not like you two are dating she can't control who you go with." Hui tried to comfort the princess the best he could but she was too overwhelmed with guilt. 

"I've been distant with her so I could plan this in secret and now I go off with a different knight. She probably thinks I hate her." Yeeun looks out the window of the carriage just wanting to go back to the castle. 

"Relax princess we're almost back and then you can explain everything. You two sound pretty close though...what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter