Chapter 5: The Lesson

Elk of the Armour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning after returning from the Star Kingdom Elkie woke up and got dressed for a run around the castle. 

When passing by Princess Yeeun's door she noticed that the princess was missing from her bed which caused a feeling of dread to overcome her. 

The knight quickly rushed back to her room to put her amour on and look for the princess. She frantically rode her horse through the woods worrying about who or what took the princess. 

"God I can't let anything happen to her. What would the king say?" 

While lost in her thoughts an arrow grazed past her face almost leaving a mark on her cheek.

 "Holy Elkie I'm so sorry I didn't know it was you." A hooded figure revealed themselves from the dense woods. 
 
Removing the hood the knight was grateful to see the familar face of the princess with a bow and arrow in her hand. 

"Princess?? Why didn't you tell me you were going anywhere?? Also when did you learn how to shoot that?" Elkie's questions flow out of as she gets off of her horse approaching the princess. 

"Sorry you were still asleep and I didn't want to wake you up, and I don't really know how to shoot it I just wanted to have a way to protect myself if you aren't here." 

Yeeun looked sheepish realizing that it probably wasn't a good idea to go anywhere by herself.

 She raised the bow at a nearby tree but the knight walked up behind her placing her hands on Yeeun's fixing her position on the bow. 
 
"Here princess let me help you. You need to place your hands here and here. Pull back and then shoot." 

Elkie helped the princess pull back the arrow and sent it into a nearby tree. 

"Wait you know how to use a bow and arrow?" Yeeun tried to seem calm realizing that Elkie's hands were still on top of hers.

 "Of course!! It was part of training but I prefer a trusty sword." Elkie removed her hands and stood back.
 
 "Alright now you try aim it at that tree over there." Elkie pointed to a tree to the right of them just close enough for any novice to hit.
 
Yeeun took a deep breath in eager to impress her crush. She focused on the tree pulled back the arrow and let go sending the arrow into the bark of the tree. 

"Great job princess. We can work on thos more of you want but for now we should head back to the castle." 

Elkie smiled at the princess gathering up the arrows from the trees and handing them back to Yeeun. 

The princess's cheeks are dusted with a bright pink after hearing Elkie's words but the knight didn't notice because she was alre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter