Chapter 2: Captain Elkie

Elk of the Armour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Elkie was relaxing after rescuing the princess in the knight's quarters where all of the knights sleep.

There was a knock at the door which startled some of the knights including Elkie.

The door opens and reveals the king's courtier  "Elkie the king needs to see you." The rest of the knights whisper around her as she gets up and follows him to the throne room.

Elkie stood in the middle of the throne room in front of the king wondering what he could possibly want her for.

"Brave knight I called you in here to reward you for rescuing my daughter. As per her request I'm promoting you to captain of the royal guard." The king's voice was loud and echoed in the room as he talked which intimidated the knight.

"What does the captain of the royal guard do your majesty?" Elkie asked in a soft voice still slightly afraid of questioning the king.

"As the captain you will be in charge of taking care of the princess. You will have a special weapon and be in charge of all of the other knights. Also you will have your own room near the princess's room so you may be close to her at all times." After the king finished explaining her duties he bowed to him as a thank you.

"Now you are dismissed to go move into your new room captain." The king dismissed her and Elkie walked down back to the knight's quarters to pack her things and move to her new room.

Elkie thinks back to what the king said about what he said about the princess requesting she be promoted.

Why would the princess want her to look after her and care for her?

Elkie was only one of the king's knights who was sent to rescue her.

Elkie shrugs to herself before she gets too lost in her thoughts.

Elkie entered the knight's quarters and quickly gathered her things ignoring the knights whispering rumors about her.

On the way to her new room Elkie ran into the princess coincidentally.

"Oh hello princess sorry for bumping into you I was just on my way to my room." As the knight talked Yeeun couldn't help but notice the wound on her cheek was all bandaged up.

"It's nice to see that you got patched up brave knight." Yeeun goes to rest her hand on the knight's bandaged cheek causing Elkie to tense up.

"Elkie are you okay? You seem tense." Elkie was panicking thinking of excuses she could give Yeeun. The only response she could give the princess was a nod and a fake looking smile before running away to escape the awkwardness leaving a dumbfounded Yeeun behind.

Elkie ran all the way to the new room the king assigned her shutting the door behind her.

Out of breath she slid down the door sitting on the floor as a wave of emotions his her all at once. The knight remembers the last time she got close to a princess.

There was a great kingdom she lived in before. The great kingdom of Kong where she grew up and became a knight.

Elkie had a very strong bond with the princess of that kingdom her name was Handong.

Handong was Elkie's first love until a great disaster happened which left the knight devastated.

Suddenly there was a loud knock o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter