Chapter 3: The Arrangement

Elk of the Armour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Elkie woke up early taking a stroll through the castle pondering the events of last night.

She couldn't stop herself from wandering in front of Yeeun's door wondering if the princess was asleep.

Elkie quietly opened the door and sure enough the princess was sound asleep.

The knight trusted the princess more especially after opening up to Yeeun yesterday she felt comfortable with her.

Suddenly Elkie felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to come face to face with the king's courtier.

"Captain Elkie sorry to starle you like that but the king needs to see you immediately." The courtier glanced over at Yeeun's open door and then back at Elkie raising his eyebrow at the knight but Elkie just chuckled nervously and the courtier just shrugged it off.

He led the knight into the king's throne room where the king was sitting down patently waiting for the captain with a scowl on his face which intimidated Elkie.

The knight bowed before the king awaiting her orders and the king sat up getting a good look at Elkie.

"Captain Elkie I have a very important task for you today. You will be accompaning my daughter to meet prince Jeno of the Star Kingdom who I've arranged for her to marry. Absolutely do not get in the way if their blossoming romance we need this marriage to happen so I can form an alliance with King Sooman understood captain?" Elkie stared at the king frozen in place hearing his words.

An arranged marriage? Did he even ask Yeeun if she wanted this? Sadly the knight knew she couldn't argue with the king so she bit her tongue.

"Yes your majesty I understand." Elkie nodded hesitantly sighing under her breath.

"Good now go make sure my daughter is ready and her into the carriage outside." Elkie nodded once again and headed to her r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter