Two

Something About Us

A month has passed, Seo Yoon has given up on Rowoon, but she still misses him from time to time.

One day, when she is eating lunch, she suddenly feels nauseous. Seo Yoon stops eating. She heads to her room and checks the calendar on her phone.

"Oh my gosh," she says. "It's 13 days late."

5 more days go by and still nothing. 

"Is this because of that night," she asks herself.

Seo Yoon face palms herself. 

"This can't be," she whines to herself.

Seo Yoon goes out and buys herself a pregnancy test. She comes back home to do the test. When the results come out, she is shocked. 

"It's real," she tells herself. "I'm pregnant."

"What," her mother exclaims. 

"Did I say that aloud," she asks herself.

Seo Yoon comes out of the bathroom and sees her mom looking at her.

"What do you mean you're pregnant," her mom asks.

"Mom," Seo Yoon finds it hard to explain.

"Tell me," her mom says sternly.

"Okay," Seo Yoom says defeated. "Let's go sit down first."

They sit on the couch in the living room, and Seo Yoon tells her mom everything.

Her mom hits her and scolds her.

"How can you even think to do that," her mom scolds.

"That hurt," Seo Yoon cries.

"Is that why Rowoon won't call you anymore?"

"I didn't even tell Rowoon about it since he won't pick up the phone."

Her mom sighs. "Who's the man," her mom asks.

Seo Yoon shakes her head. "I don't know him. All I know is his name is Kim Rowoon."

Her mom is upset with her.

One day, like a of luck, Seo Yoon and her mother are buying baby things at the mall together when Seo Yoon spots Rowoon.

She gasps and her mom hears her.

"What's wrong," her mom asks.

"It's him," Seo Yoon whispers. 

"Who?"

Her mom looks at Rowoon.

"The man wearing the suit," her mom asks.

"Yes," Seo Yoon whispers. "What," she asks loudly. "Was I speaking aloud?"

"Yes you were. Who is the man?"

"No one."

"Don't lie to me. Who is he?"

Seo Yoon doesn't answer.

"Is he the man who made you like this," her mom asks. 

Seo Yoon ferociously shakes her head.

"I'm right," her mom says. "Every time you lie, you shake your head ferociously."

Her mom storms over to the man.

"Mom," Seo Yoon exclaims. She grabs her mom's arm. "Don't."

"Why not," her mom asks. "He ruined your life. Let me go." Her mom pulls her hand out of Seo Yoon's grip. "Let me go talk to him before he gets away." Her mom storms over to Rowoon.

"Mom," Se Yoon whines.

"You," her mom calls.

Rowoon doesn't answer her. He's talking to a man that is in a suit like him.

"Hey," her mom shouts. She stands in front of the man. "I'm talking to you. Do you not hear me?"

"Me," Rowoon asks.

"You know my daughter don't you?"

"Your daughter? I'm sorry, ma'am. I've never met your daughter before."

"Don't lie to me!"

"Excuse me, ma'am," he says taken aback. 

"You made my daughter pregnant and now you're pretending not to know her?"

His eyes widen in shock, and the man whom he was talking to is shock as well. 

"Boss," the man says. "Is this true?"

Rowoon shakes his head. He is trying to think of when this could be possible. 

"Mom," Seo Yoon calls. She runs over to her mom and grabs her arm. "Mom, please stop. You're causing a scene. Let's go." She tries to pull her mom away, but her mom doesn't budge.

Rowoon's eyes widen when he recognizes Seo Yoon.

"It's you," he says.

Seo Yoon and his eyes meet.

"So you do know her," her mom says. She pulls her arm out of Seo Yoon's hands and takes a step toward Rowoon.

"Mom," Seo Yoon whisper whines.

Her mom raises her arm and hits Rowoon on the arm.

"Ow," Rowoon shouts.

"Mom," Seo Yoon shouts. She reaches over to her mom and holds her mom back.

"What are you going to do," her mom shouts. "My Seo Yoon is ruined because of you."

"Ma'am," Rowoon says. "Please calm down."

"Calm down? You want me to calm down?" She is shouting.

A small crowd has gathered around them.

"Take responsibility for my daughter," her mom shouts.

"Mom," Seo Yoon cries. "Stop it."

"What do you mean stop it," her mom asks. "He ruined you, and you're trying to protect him?" She hits Seo Yoon's arm. "What are you saying?"

"Ma'am," Rowoon says. "Please don't hit your daughter."

"This is because of you," her mom barks.

She starts hitting Rowoon making him scream painfully.

The man next to him is taken aback that all he can do is stare.

"Mom," Seo Yoon says. "Don't hit him."

She tries to stop her mom, but she can't. Soon, her mom turns around and starts hitting Seo Yoon.

"Ma'am," Rowoon says. He runs over to Seo Yoon and blocks her with his body. Now he's taking the hits. "Please don't hit your daughter." 

Her mom has stopped hitting them.

"Didn't you say your daughter is pregnant," Rowoon asks. "Please don't hit her."

"Take responsibility for her," her mom says. "You did this, you have to be responsible."

Rowoon doesn't know what to do.

The crowd has gotten bigger. Everyone is whispering and pointing fingers at him even the man next to him is still shocked.

"Ma'am," Rowoon says. "Please calm down and let's talk this out in a mature manner."

"Fine. Go ahead and talk then," her mom says.

"I understand that you're mad right now," he explains. "I don't know if your daughter told you what happened."

"She did."

"Great. What happened was an accident. We were never supposed to meet each other."

"So you're saying you won't take responsibility for what you did?"

"No. That's not what I mean."

"Then, marry my daughter."

"What," Rowoon and Seo Yoon asks.

"You caused half the problem," she tells Rowoon. "And you caused the other half," she tells Seo Yoon. "Fix it together."

"Ma'am, I'm sure there's another way around this."

"How can there be another way around this? Having a child is a great responsibility, and you two made the choice to have one. Good luck and good day." She starts walking away.

"Mom," Seo Yoon calls. She runs after her mom and grabs her mom's hand. "You're leaving me with him?"

"He's your husband now. He made you like this, so he must take responsibility," her mom says.

Seo Yoon shakes her head. "I don't want to go. I don't even know him."

"Then, why did you have his kid?"

"Mom," Seo Yoon cries.

Her mom holds Seo Yoon’s hands. “I know it’s frightening, but everything will be fine with time.”

Seo Yoon shakee her head.

“What are you going to do then,” her mom says sternly. “You can’t raise this child yourself. We’ve found the father, so you should go to him.”

“I was wrong, mom,” Seo Yoon cries. She shakes her head. “I want to stay with you.”

“You have to go live with him.”

Seo Yoon shakes her head. Her eyes are getting teary.

Her mom throws her hands down. “Then what are you going to do,” her mom asks frustrated. 

A tear escapes her eye.

Rowoon walks over to them  

“Ma’am,” he starts. “How about you take your daughter home for tonight. It seems like she’s not ready to go anywhere without you yet. I’ll leave tonight for the both of you to say your goodbyes and get her ready to move out. I promise you that I’ll come get her tomorrow morning at 10. Just tell me your address, and I’ll be there.”

“How do I know you’re not lying,” her mom asks.

He reaches into his shirt pocket and pulls out his business card. “This is my business card. My number is on there. Call me anytime.”

Her mom accepts the card. She tells Rowoon their address and leaves.

Rowoon sighs when the two of them are gone.

“Boss,” the man from before says. He walks over to Rowoon. “Is this true? Did you make her pregnant?”

Rowoon hangs his head and nods his head. 

The man’s mouth gapes open. “Boss, I didn’t know you were that kind of person.”

Rowoon takes a deep breath and raises his head. 

“I’m not that kind of person,” Rowoon says. He looks around and notices the crowd staring at him. He bows his head. “I’m sorry for the inconvenience,” he says. “I promise nothing like this will happen again. Please continue on with your days.” He bows once more. 

That night, Seo Yoon’s mom is packing Seo Yoon’s clothes and other things that belong to Seo Yoon. She is putting them into a gray suitcase. 

“I know it’s going to be hard,” her mom talks. “But trust me, this child will help you two grow fond of each other.”

“I can’t imagine my life with him,” Seo Yoon says. “I don’t even know him. I only met him once.”

“It’ll be hard. I know. However, you must be patient. You must withstand any obstacles that will come your way. If you have any questions or worries, you can always come to mom. I’ll give you advice and guide you through them. You can also ask him. He’s going to be your husband now, so you’ll have to trust him and believe in him.”

“What if he’s a bad person?”

“He’s not. Trust me. I’ve only seen him once, but he’s a good guy. With how he handled the situation, I know he’s calm and thinks before he speaks.”

Seo Yoon gets teary eyed. 

Her mom hugs her to comfort her.