Six

Something About Us

The next day, Rowoon takes Seo Yoon to meet his parents.

His parents house is even bigger than his. It feels colder, but his parents are very warm. They are very accepting of Seo Yoon. 

“We’ve been wanting a grandchild for such a long time,” his mother says. “And we’re finally getting one thanks to you, Seo Yoon.”

Seo Yoon gives them a shy smile.

“Have you two thought of any names,” his mother asks.

“No,” Rowoon replies.

“Whatever name they decide on,” his father says. “I’m sure it’ll be great.”

“Let me tell you something,” his mother adds. “You better take care of Seo Yoon. She’s going to be in a lot of pain. Seo Yoon, if he’s being mean to you, don’t be afraid to be mean to him back. If he’s not listening, give me a call, and I’ll set him straight for you.”

“Thank you,” Seo Yoon says. “Mother.”

His mother squeals. “Having you call me mother is great!”

Seo Yoon smiles. She feels a little awkward.

“Have you two registered your marriage yet,” his mother asks.

“No,” Rowoon replies.

“Let’s find a time to do that,” his father says. 

“Sure,” Rowoon replies.

“Will you two be sleeping over,” his mother asks.

“No,” Rowoon replies. “We have some things to do at home.”

His mother pouts.

“We’ll definitely sleepover next time,” Rowoon replies.

“How about Seyeon," his dad asks. "I'm sure she's upset."

"Not only is she upset," his mother says. "I'm sure Rowoon is also."

"I broke up with her," Rowoon replies. "My child is more important to me."

His father nods his head. 

"Trust me," his mother says. "Time doesn't mean anything. What matters most is how two people feel for one another. You see those couples who date for years and still break up at the end all the time."

"Seyeon isn't feeling well," Seo Yoon says. "She's in the hospital right now."

"Oh no."

"Of course we have to visit her," his dad adds.

"We're planning to visit her as well," Rowoon replies.

"Is she not feeling well," his mother asks.

"Because of the break up," Seo Yoon says. "She isn't doing too well."

"That poor girl. She was very nice."

"We don't want you to blame yourself," his father says. "That'll be stressful for you and your child."

"Right," his mother agrees. "Sometimes this is what fate has for us."

 

Rowoon drives Seo Yoon to the hospital. Before they go to the hospital, Seo Yoon and Rowoon buys Seyeon a get well gift first.

 

Seo Yoon sits the gift on the table by the bedside.

"I hope you feel better," Seo Yoon says.

Seyeon is sitting on the bed.

"Thank you," Seyeon says.

"Did the doctor say when you can leave," Rowoon asks.

"I can leave tomorrow," Seyeon replies.

"That's good."

Seyeon climbs out of bed.

"Where are you going," Rowoon asks.

"I want to go walk around," Seyeon replies.

"Let me go with you."

"It's okay. I can go myself."

"How about I go too," Seo Yoon says.

"It's okay," Seyeon replies.

"But I want to walk around too."

"Let's all go together then," Rowoon suggests.

Seyeon doesn't say anything this time. 

Rowoon is in the middle of the two girls. They are walking quietly.

"I want to go back," Seyeon says.

"Okay," Rowoon agrees. "You two go ahead. I need to use the bathroom." He walks away.

Seyeon and Seo Yoon slowly walk back to the room.

"Seyeon," Seo Yoon starts a conversation. "I'm very sorry for what happened. It's because of me."

"I want to ask you something," Seyeon starts.

"Go ahead."

"I've been thinking about it for a long time, and I really can't break up with Rowoon. If you're really sorry, will you break up with him?" Seyeon gets teary eyed. "I really can't live without him."

"I," Seo Yoon stutters. "I don't think I can. It's not because I love him and want to stay with him. It's because of this child. If I leave and take this child with me, this child will be fatherless, and if I leave, this child will be motherless. I can't do as you say, I'm sorry."

Seyeon sighs in annoyance. She enters her room.

Seo Yoon doesn't go back inside. Instead, she walks outside and sits on the steps. She takes a deep breath and sighs.

"I feel like I shouldn't be here," she tells herself. "I'm causing pain for everyone."

Rowoon walks into the room and sees Seyeon lying on the bed, but he doesn't see Seo Yoon.

"Where did Seo Yoon go," Rowoon asks.

"I'm not sure," Seyeon replies. "She left when I came here."

Rowoon pulls out his phone and calls Seo Yoon.

Seo Yoon picks up.

"Where are you," he asks. 

“I’m outside,” Seo Yoon replies. “I wanted some fresh air.”

“Stay right where you are. I’m coming to you.”

Rowoon hangs up.

“Did you find her,” Seyeon asks.

“I did,” he answers.

“And you’re going to her.”

“I have to. She needs me.”

“What about me? I need you. Without you, I feel like my world is crumbling down. My heart is already shattered. Can’t you come back and fix that for me?”

“Seyeon, there was a time that I felt like that too. Without you, my world crumbled, and my heart was shattered as well, but when I found the right person to fix me up, my world was bright again, and my heart was fixed. You just need to find the right person.”

“You’re my right person,” Seyeon cries. “I can’t imagine my life without you.”

“I was like that too, but trust me, that person will come to you one day.”

“It hasn’t even been a month. How can you change so easily?”

“When you meet the right person, that person changes you.”

“Seo Yoon is just that great?”

“I really have to go,” Rowoon starts backing away. “Seo Yoon is waiting for me. I don’t want anything to happen to her.” He exits the room.

Seo Yoon is still sitting on the steps. She is looking into space, but she suddenly sees an older lady trying to cross the street. Seo Yoon stands up and runs over to the lady and helps her cross the street.

The lady thanks Seo Yoon.

“Have a great day,” Seo Yoon says.

“You too, darling,” the lady says.

“Thank you.”

Seo Yoon turns back. She waits for the lights to turn green again before she crosses the street again. 

Rowoon runs outside and looks around for Seo Yoon. He looks across the street and sees her waiting for the lights to turn green. Rowoon runs over to the street.

“Seo Yoon,” he calls. He wants to rush over to her, but the lights are still red.

Seo Yoon waves her hand at him.

“Stay right there,” he calls. “I’ll come get you!”

“I’ll come to you,” she calls back. “We have to go that way anyway!”

The lights turn green, and Seo Yoon starts walking.

“No,” Rowoon shouts. He starts running over to her, but like a blank of an eye, Rowoon witnesses the most tragic accident he has ever seen. 

A car doesn’t stop and hits Seo Yoon. She flies far from the car.

Rowoon stops in his tracks. His eyes are wide open from shock.

Many people also witnessed what happened. Many of them slowly surround her.

Rowoon runs over to Seo Yoon and goes down to his knees.

“Seo Yoon,” he breathes.

Seo Yoon has her eyes slightly opened. She can barely move. Seo Yoon tries to speak, but she doesn’t have the energy.

“Don’t talk,” Rowoon says.

“Someone call an ambulance,” a person says.

“There’s a hospital across the street,” another person adds.

Rowoon has tears rolling down his eyes.

Seo Yoon is still trying to speak.

Rowoon shakes his head. “The doctors will be here soon. Stay with me.” 

Seo Yoon is rushed to the hospital and into the operation room.

Rowoon calls his parents and her mother. He is outside the operating room waiting for the doctors to come out. As he is waiting, his parents and her mother rushes in.

“What happened,” her mother asks. “What happened to my daughter?”

“She’s still under operation,” Rowoon replies.

“How did she end up in there,” his mother asks.

“She was crossing the street, and a car hit her,” Rowoon replies. 

Her mother cries.

Rowoon’s mother comforts her.

“What about the baby,” his father asks.

Rowoon shakes his head.

The doctor comes out, and Rowoon walks over to the doctor.

“How’s my wife,” Rowoon asks.

“She’s fine,” the doctor replies. “She’s bruised her neck and has some scratches on her legs and arms. She’ll have to wear a brace around her neck until further notice.”

“What about my baby,” Rowoon asks.

“The impact of the car hitting her, and the impact of her hitting the ground caused her to have a miscarriage.”

Everyone is devastated.

“I’m sorry,” the doctor says. “We’ll move her to a room immediately.”

The doctor walks away.

Rowoon turns to his parents and immediately apologizes.

“If I would’ve kept my eyes on her,” he says. “This wouldn’t have happened.”

“It’s not your fault,” his mother says. “You don’t have to blame yourself.”

“Yes,” her mother agrees. “You didn’t want this to happen. Why did she go outside?” Her mother cries.

“Perhaps it was because of me,” Rowoon says. “I was so protective of her. I wouldn’t let her go anywhere unless she was with me.”

“No,” her mother says. “It’s not because of that. Seo Yoon isn’t like that.”

“It was that driver,” his father says. “The driver is in the wrong.”

“Where is the driver,” his mother asks. “Did they drive away?”

 

Rowoon is on the phone with the police. The man that hit Seo Yoon is with the police.

“What would you like to do,” the police says. “Would you like to punish him?”

“I would like you to punish him according to the law,” Rowoon replies. “I’m sure this is what my wife would want too.”

“Alright. Thank you for your cooperation.”

Rowoon hangs up the phone and heads to Seo Yoon’s room.

Seo Yoon wakes up. She first sees her mother.

“Mom,” Seo Yoon breathes. 

Her lips have no color.

“What are you doing here,” she asks.

“Seo Yoon,” her mother cries. “Are you okay, honey?”

“What happened?”

“You were hit by a car.”

Seo Yoon tries to move around, but she is soar.

“Don’t move. You’re still recovering.”

“How are you feeling, darling,” his mother asks.

Seo Yoon slowly turns her head and sees Rowoon’s mother.

“Mother,” Seo Yoon says. “You’re here too?”

She nods her head.

“Wait,” Seo Yoon says. “Mom.” she turns back to her mother. “You said a car hit me?”

Her mother nods her head.

“Where’s my baby,” Seo Yoon asks. “Is my baby okay?”

Seo Yoon puts her hand on her stomach.

“Seo Yoon,” her mother says. “Listen to me. When the car hit you, you had a miscarriage.”

Seo Yoon can’t believe her ears. 

“The baby is no longer with us,” her mother continues.

Seo Yoon starts crying. 

Her mother pulls her into a hug.

“Don’t cry, honey,” her mother says. “Perhaps it wasn’t meant to be.”

Rowoon walks into the room.

Her mother breaks the hug and wipes Seo Yoon’s tears.

“Don’t cry,” her mother says.

Seo Yoon sniffles.

“Let’s leave them alone,” his mother says.

Their parents leave the room.

Rowoon walks over to Seo Yoon. He sits on the bed and takes Seo Yoon’s hands.

“Are you okay,” he asks her.

Seo Yoon starts crying again. She shakes her head.

“Our baby,” she cries. “Our baby.”

Rowoon shakes his head. He can’t help but cry as well.

“Are you feeling okay,” he asks. He tries not to cry. “Does your neck hurt? How’re your arms and legs? I heard you scratched them, and your neck is bruised.”

“How can you ask how about my appearance when we lost our baby? Don’t you feel sad at all?”

“Of course I’m sad,” Rowoon replies. Tears start to fall from his eyes. “I’m angry at myself that I couldn’t protect you and our child, but what else can I do? I can’t bring our child back to life.”

They cry together.

Rowoon gently hugs Seo Yoon. He’s afraid he’s going to hurt her.

“All I can say is I’m sorry,” Rowoon says. “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect the both of you.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you,” Seo Yoon cries. “If I waited for you.”

Rowoon breaks the hug. He shakes his head. “It’s not your fault,” he says. Rowoon sniffles and tries to stop crying.

He wipes her tears.

“It’s not your fault,” he assures her. “Earlier,” he takes a deep breath. “I talked to the police. They caught the person who hit you. I told them to deal with him with the law.”

Seo Yoon nods her head. She swallows the lump in and tries to stop crying.

Rowoon pulls her into another hug. 

“Cry all you want,” he says. “I’ll be right here.”

Seo Yoon hugs him back. She rests her cheek on his shoulder and cries.

Outside the door are their parents and Seyeon. They have listened to their conversation.

Seyeon just wanted to go see how Seo Yoon and Rowoon are doing, but she can’t even enter the room. Hearing the two of them talk is very sad. They sound so in love, but at the same time, Seyeon is hoping for Rowoon’s return.

After a few days, the doctor gives Seo Yoon permission to go home. 

Rowoon helps Seo Yoon up the steps into their home. He walks her into bed and helps her in.

“The doctor says you’re on bed rest for a month,” Rowoon says. “So for the time being, ask me for help. You’re not allowed to get out of bed unless it’s to use the bathroom.”

Seo Yoon nods her head. She lies down, and Rowoon helps her.

“Get some rest,” Rowoon says. “If you need anything, hollar for me. If not, shoot me a text. I’ll have my phone on me at all times.”

“Okay. You should get some rest too,” Seo Yoon says.

Later on that day, Rowoon receives a text from Seo Yoon.

"I'm hungry," he reads.

Rowoon stands up from the couch and walks to the kitchen. Rowoon starts cooking porridge for Seo Yoon. When he is done, Rowoon brings a bowl to Seo Yoon. He sits on the bed while Seo Yoon is sitting up against the wall. 

"Thank you," Seo Yoon says. She reaches for the bowl, but Rowoon moves the bowl away from her.

"I'll feed you," he says.

And so he does.

"Thank you," Seo Yoon says.

"Don't mention it," Rowoon says. "Eat up." He feeds her another spoonful. "Did you have a good nap?"

Seo Yoon nods her head.

"What did you do," she asks.

"I also took a nap," he replies.

"How was that?"

"Fine."

"Did you eat," Seo Yoon asks.

"I'll eat after this," Rowoon replies.

That night, Rowoon is lying on the ground while Seo Yoon is lying on the bed.

“Isn’t it uncomfortable down there,” Seo Yoon asks.

“It’s okay,” he replies.

“If it’s uncomfortable, you can sleep up here.”

“No. It’s fine.” 

Seo Yoon fixes her position. 

“If at any moment,” Seo Yoon says, “you feel uncomfortable, you can come up here.”

Rowoon stares at the ceiling before he sits up. He grabs his pillow and blanket and climbs into bed with Seo Yoon.

Seo Yoon scoots closer to the edge. She lies on her back and stares at the ceiling.

Rowoon fixes his blanket on him and stares at the ceiling as well.

“Isn’t this more comfortable,” Seo Yoon asks.

“Y. Yes,” Rowoon stutters.

Actually, he feels weird sleeping next to Seo Yoon. The last time he slept next to her, he thought she was Seyeon. This time he’s sleeping next to Seo Yoon knowing that Seo Yoon is Seo Yoon.

“Goodnight,” Seo Yoon says. She closes her eyes.

“Goodnight,” Rowoon replies.

He secretly stares at Seo Yoon. Rowoon smiles. He turns his body to face her. Rowoon stares at Seo Yoon. He feels so happy. His heart is increasing, and he wants to hold Seo Yoon in his arms, but he restrains himself. Rowoon closes his eyes and heads to dreamland.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello, everyone! I just wanted to say thank you for giving me feed back! Your feed backs are making me very happy! I'm glad everyone is enjoying the story so far. Honestly, I didn't think this story would get this much love. Thank you so much everyone!!