Seven

Something About Us

[A month later]

Seo Yoon has recovered from the misscarriage. She no longer is on bed rest. However, recovering from the fact that her child is no longer alive is still in process. Seo Yoon lives the day like she usually does, but at times, she can’t help but think about her child. 

Rowoon is the same. He misses his child, but he can only live on with his life.

 

Seo Yoon is in the backyard enjoying the weather, and Rowoon is in his bedroom having a meeting with his co workers on his computer.

Seo Yoon’s phone dings, and she picks it up. Her ex boyfriend texted her.

“Seo Yoon,” she reads the text. “I’m sorry for what I did in the past. I was stupid. Will you please forgive me?”

Seo Yoon starts texting back, “I forgive you.”

“Oh my gosh! Thank you! I knew you would! You’re so sweet!”

Seo Yoon doesn’t text back.

“I guess his relationship didn’t work out,” Seo Yoon tells herself. 

“Where are you,” he continues texting. “I want to meet you. I miss you.”

“I can’t meet you,” Seo Yoon texts back.

“Are you busy? How about tomorrow?”

“I can’t meet you ever.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m married.”

“Married? What do you mean married? When did this happen? It hasn’t been long since we broke up.”

“I’m sorry. I can’t meet you.”

He doesn’t text back.

Later that day, Seo Yoon is in the kitchen eating and Rowoon is just coming downstairs after his meeting. 

A knock comes from the door, and Rowoon answers it. Rowoon doesn’t recognize the man.

“Hello,” Rowoon says. “May I help you?”

“Does Yoon Seo Yoon live here,” the man asks.

Seo Yoon hears her name from a familiar voice, so she walks over to the door.

“Why are you asking,” Rowoon asks. “Who are you?”

Seo Yoon’s eyes widen when she sees the man. “Rowoon,” she calls.

Rowoon turns around, and her ex boyfriend looks into the house.

“What are you doing here,” she asks. “How did you find me?”

“Seo Yoon,” Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, says. He’s so happy to see her. He takes a step into the house, but Rowoon stops him.

“Woah,” Rowoon says. “You can’t enter my house without my permission.”

“I’m sorry,” Rowoon, her ex boyfriend says, “I just want to talk to Seo Yoon.”

“Go ahead,” Seo Yoon says. “We can talk right here.”

“I want to talk to you privately,” Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, says.

“Just say it right here.”

“Seo Yoon, I miss you. I’m sorry for what I did. Will you please come back to me?”

“Rowoon, I told you I’m married.”

Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, looks at Rowoon her husband.

“This is your husband,” Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, asks.

Seo Yoon nods her head.

“How did you find my house,” Rowoon asks. “Seo Yoon didn’t tell you.”

“She’s using her old phone,” Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, says. “I can track her. I used to track her a lot when we dated.”

Rowoon couldn’t believe his ears.

“Rowoon,” Seo Yoon says. “I’m not getting back with you. Please leave.”

“Seo Yoon,” Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, whines.

“Leave!”

Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, turns around and exits the house.

Rowoon closes the door and locks the door.

“I’m sorry,” Seo Yoon apologizes. “I never thought he’d come back.”

Rowoon turns to Seo Yoon. “How did you date him,” Rowoon asks. “He looks,” Rowoon stops himself from saying anything rude. “He can track your phone?”

“It was for protection purposes,” Seo Yoon says.

Rowoon nods his head. “That makes sense, but how can he even come back and ask for you to forgive him? Isn’t he ashamed of what he did?”

Seo Yoon can see that Rowoon is mad.

“I’m really sorry,” Seo Yoon says.

Rowoon takes a deep breath.

“It’s not your fault,” Rowoon says. He pauses. “Do you still have feelings for him?”

Seo Yoon starts playing with her fingers. “It’s not that I still have feelings for him,” Seo Yoon starts. “It’s,” Seo Yoon pauses. “I can’t forget about him. He was the first serious relationship I had.”

“I see.”

Rowoon walks over to Seo Yoon. He takes her hand and starts pulling her outside.

“What are you doing,” Seo Yoon asks.

“To change your phone,” Rowoon replies. “I don’t want him to be tracking you anymore.”

 

“Are you hungry,” Rowoon asks.

They’ve finished changing Seo Yoon’s phone.

“No,” Seo Yoon replies.

“Is there anything you’re craving,” he asks.

Seo Yoon thinks. “Ice cream,” Seo Yoon replies.

“Let’s get ice cream. What flavor do you want?”

“Vanilla is fine.”

They go to an ice cream shop and order themselves vanilla cones. They sit in a booth together.

“I’ve noticed something after what happened today,” Rowoon starts a conversation. “I haven’t heard you call me by my name.”

“It’s because you and him have the same name. Whenever I say that name, I can’t help but think of him.”

“How about we think of another name for me?”

Rowoon thinks.

“Perhaps David,” Rowoon says. 

“David,” Seo Yoon asks.

“No? Then, Parker.”

“Why are all these English names?” Seo Yoon chuckles.

Rowoon shrugs his shoulders. “English names sound cool.”

“Let’s just stick with your name.”

“Then you won’t be calling for me.”

“I’ll try to call your name. Just give me some time.”

“For the time being,” Rowoon says. “How about you call me honey?”

Seo Yoon gives Rowoon a weird look.

“Baby? Babe,” Rowoon continues. “Sweety?”

“I don’t think so. Calling you honey and those other names sound weird.”

Pause

“When do you want to go register our marriage? I’m sure our parents are waiting for it as well," Rowoon says.

“Before that,” Seo Yoon says. “I want to go visit my mother. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen her.”

“Of course. We can go whenever you want.”

That night, Rowoon is in the backyard talking on the phone.

Seo Yoon is preparing for bed. When she is about to climb into bed, Seo Yoon heads downstairs to grab a glass of water. As she is doing so, she overhears Rowoon on the phone.

“You know I can’t,” Rowoon says. “Seyeon, I no longer want this to happen.”

Seo Yoon heads upstairs. She closes the bedroom door and climbs into bed.

“Seyeon is still waiting for Rowoon,” Seo Yoon tells herself. “Because of me, Rowoon and Seyeon are still apart.” She places her hands on her stomach. “Since we no longer have a connection, I can leave him, and he can go back to Seyeon.”

The next day, Rowoon takes Seo Yoon to visit her mother. She is happy to see her mother again. Seo Yoon sticks to her mother like glue on the visit.

“How’s Rowoon treating you,” her mother asks.

“Fine,” Seo Yoon replies. “He’s very kind and caring.”

“See. I told you. I know a person when I meet them. I like him better than your ex boyfriend.”

“He is so much better than my ex boyfriend. He treats me better too.”

“You two haven’t registered for marriage?”

“No. Actually, I’m not sure if we are.”

“What do you mean?”

“He still has his old girlfriend. It seems like she still wants to be with him.”

“So you’re going to break up with him?”

“I feel bad for what I did to her.”

“Seo Yoon, it’s not your fault she didn’t show up for the trip. She’s just an obstacle you have to overcome. Once you do, your life will be great. All that matters is how you and Rowoon feel about each other.”

“I just can’t help but feel bad for her.”

Her mother shakes her head. “Don’t be.”

That night, Seo Yoon and Rowoon enter her old bedroom together.

"Sorry," Seo Yoon says. "There's no extra bedroom here."

"It's okay," Rowoon replies. "I can take the ground."

"No. We can share the bed."

"If that's okay with you."

Seo Yoon nods her head.

They lie in bed together. Both of them are lying on their back.

"I have a question," Seo Yoon starts. 

"What is it," Rowoon asks.

"Instead of registering for our marriage, how about we just go our separate ways instead?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Seyeon is still waiting for you. I'll give you back to her."

"What does Seyeon have to do with you and me?"

"I just feel bad for her. I took someone precious away from her."

"If you give me back to her, you're taking my happiness away."

Seo Yoon sits up. 

Rowoon follows her.

“Have you never thought about your happiness,” Rowoon asks. “Can you only think about other’s happiness? Do you really want to end our relationship?”

Honestly, she doesn't, but she also feels awful for keeping someone else's boyfriend by her side. Sleeping on the same bed as Rowoon makes her feel guilty as well.

“Now that I think about it,” Seo Yoon says. "I'll go sleep elsewhere." She climbs out of bed and starts walking to the door.

“Have I ever made you doubt me,” Rowoon asks. He sounds desperate. “Did I ever do anything to make you think I never loved you?”

Seo Yoon stops in her tracks. She thinks. 

“You never did anything to make me doubt you,” Seo Yoon replies. “You’ve always been kind towards me. You’ve always made me feel loved.”

Rowoon climbs out of bed and follows Seo Yoon.

“Actually,” Seo Yoon continues. “You’re so much better than any of my other ex boyfriends.”

Rowoon turns Seo Yoon around and hugs her. 

“My feelings for Seyeon has ended a long time ago. I love you,” Rowoon says. “And I will always do. I’ll do anything to show you that I love you.” He tightens the hug. “Please don’t send me away.”

Hearing how desperate Rowoon sounds to keep her by his side makes her mother's words ring in her head. Her mother was right. The duration of a relationship doesn't matter. What matters most is how the two people feel about each other.

Seo Yoon hugs him back. She buries her face into his chest and feels his heartbeat. It’s going as fast as hers.

“I won’t send you away,” she says. “I want you to stay. Don’t go.”

“I won’t even if you tell me to,” Rowoon says.

He feels so happy. She finally understands him.

He breaks the hug. Rowoon pecks Seo Yoon on the lips.

Seo Yoon is surprised. Her fingers roll into a fist.

Rowoon takes her hands. He interlocks their fingers together and kisses her. 

Seo Yoon closes her eyes and squeezes his hands. 

Rowoon moves his lips on hers. The deeper he kisses her, the more Seo Yoon squeezes his hands. Each time Seo Yoon’s hand tightens on his, he feels electricity go through his body. He pulls away from the kiss. 

Seo Yoon didn't even realize that she held her breath. Now, she's breathing heavily. Seo Yoon is still grasping onto his hands. She opens her eyes and realizes how tight she is holding his hands.

“Sorry,” Seo Yoon says.

Rowoon opens his eyes. 

“I didn’t realize how tight I was squeezing your hands,” Seo Yoon continues. 

She let’s go of Rowoon’s hands, but he grabs her hands again.

“I like it,” Rowoon replies.

He interlocks their fingers again.

“When did you start this habit of yours,” Rowoon asks.

“I don’t know,” Seo Yoon replies. “I’ve always tighten my fingers together whenever I kiss someone.”

Rowoon slightly squeezes her hands.

“All my ex boyfriends didn’t like it,” Seo Yoon says. “They would always say I squeezed their hands too tightly.”

He pulls her closer to him and puts his forehead on hers. 

“Their loss,” he says. “It’s not your fault they’re all weak.”

He pecks her on the lips.

Seo Yoon squeezes his hands. She can’t help but smile.

“You also squeezed my hands so tightly that night in London,” Rowoon says.

Seo Yoon hides her face in his chest.

“What’s wrong,” Rowoon asks.

She shakes her head. “I’m embarrassed,” Seo Yoon's words muffle in his chest.

Rowoon laughs. He lets go of her hands and pulls her into a hug.

“Let’s go to sleep,” he says.

Rowoon and Seo Yoon go back to their house the next day. When night comes, the two of them sleep in the same room on the same bed.

The next day, Seo Yoon opens the door when she hears a knock on the door.

“Rowoon,” Seo Yoon says. “What are you doing here?”

“Seo Yoon,” Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, says. “No matter how much I think about it, I can’t let you go.”

“Rowoon, I told you I’m married.”

“I don’t care. Please come back to me.” He grabs Seo Yoon’s hands, but Seo Yoon pulls her hand away from him.

“Did you two register your marriage,” he asks.

“Not yet,” she replies.

He smiles in delight and takes her hand again.

Seo Yoon tries to pull her hand away, but Rowoon won’t let go.

Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, walks into the house.

“Let me go,” Seo Yoon says.

“Seo Yoon,” Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, starts. “We can start over again. I’ll love you with everything I have this time.”

“Let me go!”

Rowoon comes running down the stairs and pulls Seo Yoon away.

“What are you doing,” Rowoon asks. He puts Seo Yoon behind him.

“This has nothing to do with you,” Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, says.

“This has everything to do with me. I’m her husband.”

Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, chuckles. “Husband? You two haven’t registered your marriage yet.”

“That doesn’t matter. We love each other, and we are in a relationship.”

“That doesn’t matter. I can still try to persuade her and won’t be in trouble with the law.”

“Because of you, she had to go through so much pain. Do you want to bring that pain back to her?”

“I’ll heal the wounds that I gave to her.”

“You don’t have to,” Seo Yoon says. “Rowoon, has healed them for me.” She holds onto Rowoon’s arm.

Rowoon’s ears perk up when she hears him say his name. He interlocks their fingers together and slightly squeezes her hand.

“Seo Yoon,” Rowoon, her ex boyfriend, pouts. 

“Aren’t you ashamed,” Seo Yoon asks. “How can you crawl back to me after what you did?”

“I was wrong, Seo Yoon. Just please.”

“No matter how much you crawl back to me, I won’t take you back. I have someone else now, and he means the world to me.”

“Are you really not going to take me back?”

Seo Yoon shakes her head. “Never.”

Rowoon her ex boyfriend sighs and hangs his head in defeat. He exits the house.

Rowoon turns to Seo Yoon. He takes her hands.

“Are you okay,” he asks.

She nods her head. “I’m fine,” she replies. “That felt really good.”

They smile at each other. 

Rowoon gives her a kiss.

Seo Yoon closes her eyes and squeezes his hands.

“I’m so happy,” Rowoon says.

“Me too,” Seo Yoon says. “Rowoon.”

He smiles wider. “Yes?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

He gives her a peck on the lips.

“Let’s go,” he says. He takes her outside.

“To where?”

“We’re registering our marriage.”

Seo Yoon smiles happily. 

“I should’ve told you sooner,” Rowoon says. “The other day, I called Seyeon and put an end to everything. No one can bother us now. Even if they do, I know we can overcome it.”

Seo Yoon nods her head.

They can’t help but smile happily together.

[Short epilogue] 

Seo Yoon is in front of the closet putting on her pajamas. When she finishes up buttoning her shirt, Rowoon walks in and gives her a back hug. 

“Seo Yoon,” he starts. “Let’s have another baby.”

“A baby,” she asks.

He nods his head. “I promise you that I’ll take good care of you two this time.”

“A baby sounds fine,” Seo Yoon says. “But I don’t think I’m ready for another yet.”

“Tell me whenever you are. I’ll be ready when you are.”

She nods her head.

Rowoon kisses her on the cheek.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS