One

Something About Us

The two of them are the happiest couple. They feel like they can rule the world together especially her. She loves him very much, so much that she plans a trip for them. They will be going to London together. 

On the day that they are supposed to board together, he texts her, “Go first. I’ll buy myself a ticket and meet you there.”

“Are you sure,” she texts back. “A ticket will be very costly.”

“Yes. I have something I have to take care of first.”

“Okay.”

When she arrives at the hotel, she walks to the front desk.

“I have a reservation under Kim Rowoon,” she says.

The lady checks her computer.

“Ahh,” the lady says. “Room 213.” She gives her the keys.

“Thank you,” Seo Yoon says. She takes the elevator to her room.

Once she enters her room, she starts looking around.

"Woah," she says. "It's so big."

She opens the bedroom door. gapes open. 

"The bed is huge," she exclaims. She leaves her luggage by the door and goes sit on the bed. "Nice," she says.

Seo Yoon unpacks her belongings before she goes out to explore. As she walks out of the lobby, she notices her friend and her friend's boyfriend.

"Fancy seeing you two here," Seo Yoon says. "You must be on vacation."

"Yes," her friend replies happily. "Why are you here?"

"Rowoon and I are also on vacation." She smiles shyly.

"Rowoon?"

Seo Yoon nods her head.

"Where is he," her friend asks.

"He'll come later," Seo Yoon replies. "He had something to take care of first."

Her friend tries not to grimace.

"You two have fun," Seo Yoon says. She waves to them and walks away.

"What's wrong," her boyfriend asks her.

"I don't like Rowoon," she replies.

"Why not?"

"He's so irresponsible. He's always putting her last. What does Seo Yoon like about him? He's not even good looking."

“Hani,” her boyfriend scolds.

“I know! Looks don’t matter, but you should really see the way he treats her. He’s so annoying! I’ve told her to break up with him, but she’s in too deep. She’s blinded by love.”

Seo Yoon is happily walking and texting.

“When will you be arriving,” she texts.

“I’ll arrive by eight,” he texts back.

She smiles and skips away.

The time is 5:30 pm. The hotel she is staying is serving dinner for their guests, and this will last until 7. When she walks into the dining hall, she sees Hani and her boyfriend alreadying sitting at the table.

“Seo Yoon,” Hani calls. “Come sit with us!”

Seo Yoon nods her head. She grabs some food before she joins them. 

“What room are you staying in,” Hani asks.

“213,” Seo Yoon replies.

“Really? Our room is 210. If you need anything, come to us.”

Seo Yoon nods her head and happily eats. 

“So when is Rowoon coming,” her friend’s boyfriend asks.

“Tonight at eight,” Seo Yoon replies.

“He’ll miss dinner than.”

“It’s okay. I can go buy him something to eat.”

Hani tries not to grimace.

He grabs her hand from under the table to calm her down.

“Hani,” Seo Yoon continues. “You and Tony are so sweet. I wish for Rowoon and I to be just like you two.”

Hani forces a smile. She grabs her glass that is filled with wine and downs it.

“Woah,” Tony says. “Slow down there.”

“Is something wrong,” Seo Yoon asks.

“I was just really thirsty,” Hani replies.

Tony squeezes her hand.

“Drink some water,” Seo Yoon says. “I bet that was bitter.”

“It’s grape wine,” Hani replies. “So it was pretty sweet.”

“Still,” Tony says. “You’re not a good drinker, so don’t drink too much.”

Hani nods her head.

“Is it really sweet,” Seo Yoon asks. 

Hani nods her head.

Seo Yoon grabs a glass and takes a sip. “Mmm,” she says. “It is sweet.” She continues to down the wine.

“You’re not a good drinker,” Hani says. “Don’t drink too much.”

Seo Yoon sets the glass down. “It’s my first time drinking grape wine, and it is really good.”

“You ladies shouldn’t drink too much since you two aren’t good drinkers,” Tony says.

But by the end of dinner, Seo Yoon is feeling tipsy. 

“I think I’m going to head to my room now,” Seo Yoon says. “I’m feeling a little tipsy.”

“Do you need help,” Hani asks.

“I’ll be fine,” Seo Yoon replies. “You two enjoy yourselves.”

Seo Yoon stands up and heads to her room. She closes the door behind her and changes into her pajamas. Then, she turns off all the lights and climbs into bed.

Rowoon walks into the lobby and walks straight to the front desk. “I made reservations under Kim Rowoon,” he says.

The lady checks the computer.

“Ahh,” the lady says. “Room 213. You must be on vacation with your girlfriend.”

Rowoon can’t help but smile. He nods his head happily. “Yes,” he replies. “Is she here already?”

“She came here earlier today.”

He can’t wipe the smile off his face.

“Here’s your key,” the lady says.

“Thank you,” he replies. He takes the key and heads up to room 213. 

Rowoon opens the door, and the room is pitch black. He turns the light on in the living room. He looks around, but the room is quiet. Rowoon explores the room before he finds the bedroom. He sees Seo Yoon sleeping on the bed. Her back is facing him. He doesn’t turn on the light incase he bothers her. Rowoon closes the door behind him and crawls into bed. He takes her into his arms. 

Seo Yoon wakes up. She squirms in his arms.

“Sorry,” he says softly. “Did I wake you?”

“You’re finally here,” she says still sleepy.

She snuggles in his arms.

“Yes,” he replies. “Sorry to keep you waiting. My meeting went a little longer than expected.”

“It’s okay. How was your flight?”

“I couldn’t wait to see you.” He tightens the hug. He kisses her hair. “Did you change your shampoo? It smells very nice.”

“No,” she says. “I’ve always had this shampoo.”

“Really?” He smells her hair. “Anyway I really like the smell.”

She smiles. “Your scent smells nice too,” she says.

“Thank you,” he says. “For being able to come to this trip with me.”

“I should be the one thanking you,” she says. “I’m so happy you can be here with me.”

He loosens the hug and kisses her on the forehead. 

Seo Yoon closes her eyes and enjoys the moment. 

He moves down and kisses her nose. Then, he moves to her lips and kisses her there. 

Seo Yoon balls her fingers into a fist. She lets him move his lips on hers, and pretty soon, she is kissing him back.

Rowoon pulls her closer to him and deepens the kiss. 

The kiss gets steamy by the second, and that steamy kiss turns into a steamy night.

The next morning, Seo Yoon has her back against Rowoon. He is facing her and holding her in his arms. 

Rowoon opens his eyes and sees Seo Yoon still asleep in his arms. He smiles and scoots closer to her. Rowoon kisses her hair.

Seo Yoon wakes up. She slowly stretches.

"Sorry," he says. "Did I wake you up?"

"It's okay," Seo Yoon replies. "I should wake up, so I can see you. I miss you." She turns around and her eyes widen, so does his.

Seo Yoon screams and pushes him away from her. She gathers the blanket to block her body.

Rowoon is also screaming. He is also gathering the blanket to cover his body. 

As a result, Seo Yoon has the blanket while Rowoon is covering his body with the pillows.

"Who are you," Seo Hyun asks. "Why are you in my room?"

"I should be asking you that," he says.

The two of them are confused.

"What are you talking about," Seo Yoon asks. "This is my room."

"No. This is my room. 213."

"That's my room," she says.

"What happened?"

They get dressed and head down to the lobby.

"Ahh," the lady says. "Kim Rowoon." She is looking at her computer. "There are two reservations under that name. We must've thought that was the same person."

Seo Yoon and Rowoon sigh. They walk away.

"Rowoon," Seo Yoon texts her boyfriend. "Where are you? Why didn't you come? Did something happen?"

She bites her nails and waits for him to text back, but he doesn't. 

"Give him some time," Seo Yoon tells herself. "Maybe an emergency came up."

"Seyeon," Rowoon says into his phone. "Did something happen? Why didn't you show up?" He listens. "Okay. I get it, but." He gets cut off. "I understand that you have to go, but something happened over here that I need to tell you about." Pause. "No. Wait. Seyeon." He closes his eyes and heaves a sigh. 

Rowoon turns off his phone. He looks at the still panicking Seo Yoon and walks over to her.

"Is everything okay," he asks her.

"No," she mumbles. "He isn't picking up. What am I going to do?" She grabs the top of her hair. 

"Maybe something happened. First, let's go up to the room."

She looks at him with a frightened look.

"I'm going to go get my belongings," he assures her. "You can have that room because I'm leaving." He starts walking away.

Seo Yoon follows him. 

They enter the room together.

Rowoon grabs his suitcase and exits the room.

Seo Yoon closes the door behind her before she goes sit on the couch. She is still waiting for Rowoon to text her back. 

That day, she doesn't eat. She doesn't go anywhere. All she is doing is waiting for his text.

1:24 pm. 

Rowoon finally texts her back. 

"I'm sorry," he replies. "Let's break up."

Seo Yoon's heart breaks.

"What do you mean," she asks.

He doesn't text back. 

Seo Yoon calls him, but he doesn't pick up. She starts crying. 

Seo Yoon checks out from the hotel and heads home.

At home, she is trying to contact Rowoon. She texts him, calls him, and even visits his home, but she doesn't meet him no matter what.

She feels so heartbroken.