Sick

Pain that Lingers (The meaning of farewell)

A bouquet of sunflowers stood limply in the dimly lit room.

"Reika..." Yumi breathed. Her voice was hoarse and raspy. It hurt to speak.

"...Wakatchu" Reika spoke from behind the hospital curtain. the cloth was pulled aside by the bed ridden girl that grabbed hold of Yumi's hand. 

"It's alright" Reika said. Comforting, even though she was the one in pain. 

"No it's not!" Yumi screamed, Yumi tried to move her hand away but Reika held on with a firm grip. 

"Yumi, don't, please..." Reika for the first time sounded tired, Yumi noticed then, the bags under her eyes, and how thin the girl's wrists were. Reika looked pale in comparison to Yumi's own hand and Yumi noticed that she looked ill. 

"You'll be alright, won't you? Yumi." Yumi shook her head, tears clouding her sight. 

"No, I won't, I won't!" Her voice came out strangled, like a angry wisper that the hospital walls absorbed. 

 

Reika was allowed home. Though the doctors strongly advised further treatment. 

"I'll rather live for one day and be happy, than a hundred within those sickly hospital walls."

"But, they'll help you." I'll get to be with you longer 

"I'm happy with just being at home, with you" They can't save me 

So Reika grew sicker and sicker. From trouble standing, to coughing up blood, to tandomly fainting.

And Yumi grew desperate. Pleading to let her take Reika back to the hospital. "They can help you".

"No they cant, they can torment me further by proloning my suffering."

Yumi sinks at that. Reika was right. They can't save her,  just prolong her suffering by slowing the process

.

Yumi wakes up one morning and finds Reika lifeless beside her.

She looks peaceful she decides. Despite there being dried blood on the edge of her lip and on her sleeve.

Reika died happy, where she knew she would be missed the most but also loved the most.

But Yumi lived on with sadness. Where ahe was ledt behind missing and questioning if she really did right in not pushing Reika back to the hospital.

Then she woukd have known she did everything in her power to save her.

But now there was just sadness.

 

A/N: I'm back and I'll try to keep things updated.