Starry sky

Pain that Lingers (The meaning of farewell)

5th november 2013

Reika leaned against the balcony railing, standing on her toes as if trying to come just a little bit closer to the brightness of the winter sky.

The apartment was dimly lit and quiet, Yumi had worked on her computer when noticing how star gazed her partner looked. "... Reika..." she sighed, taking out her camera to capture the moment.

Reika was startled back to reality by the light of the Flash. That moment turned out good too so Yumi captured it with a laugh. Reika laughed too. "wakatchuu~" she whined, clinging onto the taller girl, Reika nuzzled into her lover. "you just, can't get enough of me can you?" she teased.

Yumi blushed but it was true. Putting her camera down Yumi then placed a lock of Reika's hair behind her ear. Cupping her face. "love you" Yumi's voice was low but calm. Reika blushed in response.

 

Portraits made using the photos from reference still hung upon her living room wall.

Yumi had painted them herself. The image of Reika being serious one moment, then lively and laughing the next. 

Reika's laughter eachoed in Yumi' s head. Tears fell, as Yumi wiped them away but they didn't show any sign of stopping.