3rd Push, protecting you

Push and Pull, revised

Yunho was walking beside your mother with his school bag. You were in your mother’s arms, not wanting to go on. “Umma, I don’t want to go to school! All the kids in the neighborhood said that the teachers are mean and they make you do work and won’t let you talk! I don’t want to!” You were starting to cry in your mother’s shirt.

Your mother did her customary sigh, “------, Yunho has been going to school for a year now and he doesn’t complain about it!” You shook your head in disagreement. Yunho had complained to you several times. He would say things like ‘There was always that one person out to get me in trouble!’ Trouble was something you would rather avoid.

Your mother was trying to persuade you into going when she heard a friendly familiar voice from behind her. She carefully turned to not shaky you too much and saw Jaejoong’s mother. His mother was carrying him just as your mother was cradling you.  The young beauty was fussing along the same lines of hateful teachers and horrible working hours. You saw the scene being played and perked up.

“Jaejoong oppa!” Jae lifted his head. You both jumped out of your mothers’ arms and ran to each other and latched onto each other’s bodies before toppling over from the extreme hug.. “Is Jaejoong oppa going to school too? I hope we are in the same class. I want to play with you everyday!” You finally accepted that Jae was older than you and was your oppa, but you still insisted that he call you noona. The memories your brother and you had shared with Jaejoong had been building for the last three years. Jaejoong was often submissive to your demands for more play house and babying, but Yunho was energetic and wanted to run around and have an adventure. He couldn’t take the monotony of coloring in a little Constellation book any longer. Yunho had colored Cassiopeia and that was all that mattered to him. At some point, you agreed to change the pastime and let a little variety into your placid fun.

Even when you played different games, you continued to mother over Jaejoong. When he tripped after Yunho pushed him in tag and scraped his knee, it was your hand on his head petting all the worries away. “It’s ok my baby Joongie.” When the power went out while you were playing Princess, you welcomed the knight to cuddle up behind you instead of saving you from your dragon brother. Even after you stopped playing house, you never lost your mothering feelings for him.

Thinking of all the mean people that were at the school, you suddenly felt that you had to be there. You had to protect your Joongie. You grabbed Jae’s hand and raced ahead. “Don’t worry oppa, together nothing will happen. It’ll be fine!” Speeding along the sidewalk, you looked at Jaejoong. He was smiling brightly and giggling. You too started to giggle.

Push

“Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear -------, happy birthday to you!” It brought you a flitting joy to see your two families gathered together in an annual ceremony. The past two weeks were filled with Birthdays that needed proper merriment. First Jaejoong’s, then Yunho’s, and finally yours. There had been a festive party every time another candle needed to be added to the cake. The cakes were delicious and the games were the most fun ever!

You and Jaejoong sat next to each other at the rainbow playhouse table. “This cake is really, really tasty!” Jaejoong exclaimed. You smiled; you knew the cake was store bought. You had wanted your umma to make you a cake, but everything she cooks turns into something ~*shudder*. That is why everything was either store bought or made by your appa.

“It isn’t nearly as good as the cake your mom made for you.” Jae smiled and puffed up his chest. He had a shining gleam in his eyes, thanking you for the praise, even if it had been directed for his mother.

“I helped her make it!” You grinned, knowing how much he couldn’t stand to being away from the toasty kitchen. He had grown used to the smells that always flowed out of the room and the feeling that art was happening alongside science. Whenever you would visit he would claim to have helped make the snack, even if all he did was set the different pastries or health samples.

“Then why don’t you make my birthday cakes from now on!” His face lit up. He probably liked the idea of baking for you; he would like to cook for anyone if they asked. “It can be my birthday present from you.” A chorus of giggles resonated from your childhood memories .

“Jae, do you know what I wished for?” He shook his head.

“Don’t tell me, or it won’t come true.” Laughing his warning off, you brushed fingers over his cheek.

“I wished for us to have another fun year together!” He was still shaking his head when you spilled your secret, but he stopped and stared at you. Slowly a grin crept onto his face.

“Of course, nothing could go wrong!”

**************************************

So for anyone who has read the original, *so few* I combined chapter 3 and 4 because they were both ridiculously short. Chapter 5 is longer, and I don't think will change it that much.