part four

소중한 그대에게 / For You, My Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Arcade!"

"Excuse me?!"

Jungkook glanced at the digital clock on his phone screen. It was close to half past one in the morning.

"You aren't serious, are you?"

Shrugging her shoulders happily, Yein jumped out of her seat and skipped down the street. Running after her, he pestered her if she was serious about going to the arcade.

The two of them kept it up (him with his pestering and her ignoring him) until she stopped in front of a car. When she fished out a keychain, he heard a beep and the car lights flashed.

Turning to see his bewildered face, she gently nudged him to go to the other side of the car.

"Who--"

"My dad's overseas so I have the car for a week."

"But--"

"I am totally sober now. Drinks was about four hours ago. I'm good to drive. Now, please get in."

Uneasily, Jungkook walked to the other side and opened the car door. He belted up and glanced over at her. Watching how she comfortably operated the car, he relaxed a little.

"So where are we headed to?"

"You'll see when we get there!"

With the engine sounding off to a rumbling start, Yein changed the gear and they headed away from the fateful place where he had met her after seven years.

As Yein pulled over to park the car, Jungkook analysed the street through his side of the window. Recognising the colourful signboard that screamed 'Papa's Arcade', he could feel excitement rising within.

"Wait-- isn't this?"

"Yep, it is!" Yein beamed at him for a second before running ahead.

Jungkook stared in disbelief for few seconds before scurrying after her.

Running her fingers through her hair to gather them messily (yet still prettily somehow) into a ponytail, her face wore an excitement that even put a smile on Jungkook's own.

"The first place to go," Yein began, "is definitely Daytona!"

Snapping her fingers and pointing them in the direction of the race cars, she her heels. However, before she was out of reach of Jungkook, he stretched out his arm and held onto her shoulder. Placing his other hand on the other shoulder, he forcefully spun her body to a different direction.

"The first place to go," he argued, "is to top up the card."

Although she responded with a pout, Yein didn't put up a fight because she knew she needed money in the card or else she wouldn't be able to play a single game.

Immediately after they filled their combined arcade card with money (although the card probably belonged to Yein more because she was the more obsessed one), both made their way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter