part two

소중한 그대에게 / For You, My Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook let a small chuckle as he recalled the incident, thinking how much of an idiot he was back then. It didn't get unnoticed by his friend sitting across of him who immediately squinted at him.

"What's this? What were you thinking about?"

Nervously folding his lips in upon realising he was caught, he played it cool by shaking his head and picking up his glass of beer. Thankfully, he still had a little left to save him.

Now that his glass was empty, he raised his hand with the intention to call for the waiter. Right then, she happened to glance in his direction, catching sight of his raised hand. Jungkook felt his heart stop for a split second when their eyes unexpectedly made contact.

The college him would have dropped his gaze immediately out of shyness. But now, he was a man who could hold his gaze confidently even if he was shy (which in all honesty, he was, for he was somehow always kind of shy around her).

A nostalgic smile spread across Yein's face as she opened her palm to send a tiny wave. Struck, Jungkook could only nod in response before he was distracted by the waiter who walked into the frame, asking him what he wanted. By the time the guy walked away, she was back to being part of the conversations at her table.

He missed that.

He had reminisced of the times back then but now that he had seen that familiar smile and that familiar wave, he was missing it even more.

It was something that they exchanged every time they saw each other; at the cafeteria while lining up for food or looking for a place to sit; along the corridors while moving from class to class; after school at the bus stop. She would flash that smile and wave while he would reply with a nod and occasionally, a wave.

To the people around, it was like they were simply acquaintances; members of the same club. And it was true that that was all they ever exchanged in public. They weren't the kind who'd stop to chat like most friends would.

Even during club time or prop-making time. He'd do his and she'd do hers. He had his group of friends, she had hers.

It's like they weren't friends. It was the truth. Jungkook never felt like he could ever label them as friends. However, contrary to that, whenever they came together, they'd hit off like they've known each other since childhood.

No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter