part one

소중한 그대에게 / For You, My Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ohh. Look who's here!"

"Eh hey, high flyer in the house!"

Jungkook sent his friends a glare and put one finger to his lips in an attempt to get them to quieten down. Not that it wasn't a known fact amongst the people in the restaurant, but he'd rather avoid the attention it would attract.

He slightly raised his hand when one of his friends pointed him towards the seat in front of him as a gesture of thanks. Before sitting down, he did his best to naturally glance across the room, trying to see if a particular person was around. Not able to find the person, he sat down feeling a little dejected.

"So how's our famous boy doing?"

"He obviously should be doing fine. Look at him!"

Jungkook grunted in response. Using both index fingers to point towards the bags under his eyes, he sarcastically commented, "well, if this to you means fine, then you're mad."

"Still, you've been frequently on the news. That's a good thing."

He partially nodded and yet shook his head. "The brand's the one on the news, not me."

Jungkook had newly launched his own brand, albeit under the company he was working for. He had been training and persevering in the fashion line and finally managed to get his project approved. It had been half a year since its launch and because of that, he had been swamped with work every day.

The boys continued receiving updates about each other's lives, having not seen each other for almost seven years. All were part of the musical and theatre club back in college and upon graduating, had gone their own ways. The club, after all, was simply a place for them to pursue their interests.

There were some exceptions though. One such example was Jungkook. He had enrolled into interior design, found his way to making props for the club and ended up discovering his passion for fashion when he started helping out with the costumes.

"Ah, ya ya ya!" the friend beside him frantically began hitting his arm. "Here comes the three fairies!"

Jungkook's eyes grew wide as he slowly turned towards the doorway. He was feeling uncannily nervous. There at the entrance were the three girls who were dubbed 'three fairies' because for one, they were like the best of friends and two, they were seriously comparable to fairies.

And as previously mentioned, there were exceptions like Jungkook. He wasn't the only one. She was other.

He couldn't help but leave his mouth slightly ajar, blatantly staring at her. To say that she was beautiful back then would be a lie for now after seven years, she was absolutely stunning.

She was essentially glowing. It couldn't be her clothes for all she had on was a basic grey hoodie and a pair of washed-out jeans. A simple black tote bag was slung over her shoulders and her tinted hair fell messily yet prettily past them. She, in reality, wasn't glowing but to Jungkook, it very much seemed she was.

She was the other one who didn't go into the industry she had been studying in college. She had enrolled into the biochem engineering course but working on stage props at club was so enjoyable she eventually chose to pursue it upon graduating.

"So got a girlfriend?"

Jungkook's pleasant thoughts were rudely interrupted. He mentally sighed at the question – something that was bound to surface for it was always the 'it' question to ask.

"Nah. I don't even have the time to date."

In response, his friends jeered, not buying his reason. However, being as flippant as they were, they soon diverted the attention to another person and his love life.

"I don't even have the time to date."

It was half truth, half lie.

It was true that he had been really busy at work, leaving little time to actually date, but he did see a few people. All those relationships ended the same way and through them, Jungkook came to realise the reason to it.

He had three girlfriends the past seven years upon graduating. To be exact, six because he was still healing in the first year.

The first was a bubbly, enthusiastic girl, a little like her and yet unlike. She laughed a lot, chatted a lot and her love for couple activities was overbearing. There was once she insisted on climbing all the way up to Namsan Tower on foot just to do the padlock thing. It took a whole month of constant whining until Jungkook couldn't take it anymore and had to give in. She was a co-worker from his previous firm and they had dated for close to eight months before she broke up with him.

The second was a sophisticated, third-generation chaebol, much unlike her. Working in the fashion industry gave him many chances to meet people with diamonds in their pockets. She was the kind who was always on the top with things and was a self-proclaimed 'socialite' and 'influencer'. Knowing she wouldn't be much of a keeper, he didn't invest much time or effort into her. He only said 'okay' to dating her because he had some time in his hands. He knew that it was a relationship that wouldn't take off anyway and they broke off after six months.

The last and most recent, albeit three years back, was an intelligent bookworm. Alt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter