Memories

Ocean Fantasy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

 

Birds chirped outside her window as her eyes opened on a Saturday morning. She was buried under soft blankets, the room cold and cozy. Her room was pink and yellow, her favorite colors. She saw her teddy bear next to her and grabbed it. Hugging it, she got out of bed and stared out her window. The day was cloudy, just how she liked it. That meant she would drink hot chocolate and watch movies all day.

“Honey, are you awake?” A voice she loved said. Her mother was leaning on the doorframe, her sweet smile and warmth making Seulgi feel all happy inside. 

“Yes, mama,” Seulgi ran up to her and hugged her tight, she wished her mother would stay with her forever. 

“Breakfast is ready, eggs and bacon with some pancakes.”

“Yay!” Seulgi said excitedly and ran downstairs, her father watching TV and her older brother already sitting at the table with his breakfast. 

“Good morning, sweetheart,” her father gave her a kiss on her forehead and she hugged him, making her father laugh. She then walked by her brother and he messed up her hair.

“Hey!” Seulgi protested. 

“What? Your hair’s already a mess,” her brother laughed, and she for once agreed. 

When she finished her breakfast, she went to the couch next to her father and watched the news. She didn’t understand much, but she liked to see people talking. 

“What are they talking about, papa?” Seulgi asked innocently as she watched the weather report. 

“They’re talking about how it’s going to rain all day,” her father smiled. “Today is going to be one of your favorites.” 

And he was right. She played with her stuffed animals all day, watched tv and ate hot ramen. 

When she got tired, she sat by her window and watched closely as raindrops slid down the glass, how beautiful and transparent they looked. She wondered where all that rain came from and why it made her feel so relaxed. 

She suddenly wanted to play in the rain. She wanted to sing, to laugh and look up at the sky so more rain could fall on her face. 

“Mama, Can I go outside?” Seulgi asked impatiently. 

“But, honey, it’s pouring,” her mother looked confused. 

“Please? I need to know something,” seven year old Seulgi pleaded her mother. 

Her mother thought for a minute, and then she sighed. 

“Okay, but not more than ten minutes. I’ll get some towels,” her mother agreed and Seulgi hugged her. 

Seulgi opened the back porch door, her mother’s garden coming into view. Seulgi was sure her mother had every kind of flower in the world in her garden.

When she glanced back and saw nobody looking at her, she walked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter