The Beach

Ocean Fantasy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hot sun kissed her skin as she laid on a soft blanket, the strong breeze hitting her face. The sound of waves relaxed her, the beach always did wonders to her mind. Whenever she had a lot going on, she came to the beach and admired its peace. The ocean, despite all the wars and misfortunes the world held, always kept the same pattern of waves crashing against the shore and giving life to other creatures.

All of that kept a smile on her face despite her own problems. Her life was a mess, she had to admit. It was like the universe was against her. 

But the sea always held the answers to all of her questions. 

That's why she laid there for hours, falling asleep when her mind was beyond tired. 

When she woke up, it was already dark. The sky was clear and the stars were brighter than the sun. 

The stars, another element of relief for her forever going troubles.

She sighed, she was hungry and broke.

She decided to go home, the only place where she could have instant ramen without people telling her it was unhealthy. 

The sidewalk seemed longer, the traffic lights and neon signs giving her that sense of nostalgia she didn't know the origin of. It was probably because she loved the city at night, how it captured the essence of a busy night and a million of colorful lights. 

Yes, she loved lights. 

Finally, she entered her small but comforting apartment and made herself some instant ramen. She sat on the worn out leather couch and turned the TV on, Tom & Jerry was playing. 

She smiled, she loved that show. It was better than reality shows. 

The night was spent watching TV and eating three instant ramen cups. She knew it was unhealthy, but she didn't care. 

She was going to die someday anyway, why not enjoy some ramen before she leaves? 

-

It was seven in the morning, and the first thing she thought of was surfing. 

Yeah, she loved surfing. She loved being wrapped inside waves and feeling the ocean's power on her body. Good thing she was a good swimmer.

She grabbed her surfboard, locked her apartment door and walked to the beach. The city looked different in daylight, she didn't like it that much. There were no bright lights and the air was hot. The cars were too loud and people spoke way too fast. 

She kicked off her shoes and felt the sand beneath her feet, the greatest feeling. She took off her top and ran towards the shore, the water crystal clear. 

The waves were perfect, so she quickly swam deeper with her surfboard underneath. She felt the familiar pull of the current and stood up carefully on the surfboard. She balanced and breathed so she could ride the wave perfectly. 

Once the wave began to grow, she felt how it pushed her forward strongly. She laughed, happiness blooming inside her chest like the garden she never had.

As the wave began closing in, she saw the flawless wing of water, the sun shining right through it, making it look like some magic trick. Her eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter