Philosophy

Ocean Fantasy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene stared at the white ceiling of her bedroom with blurry vision. She only slept a few hours, thoughts about Seulgi’s invitation invading her mind all night long.

 

If she wanted to go out with her, it meant that it was a date, right?

 

Irene was nervous and she didn’t know why. Maybe it was because she barely knew the girl and agreed to go out with her, not knowing if she was a serial killer looking for the next victim.

 

Irene shook her head. That was silly. The girl, who she remembered was named Seulgi, was so timid and nervous when she asked her out she doubted her intentions were evil. Irene noticed the way she looked at her the few times she went to the restaurant to order the same thing every time: a chicken sandwich. Irene didn’t know if she ordered that because she just wanted an excuse to see her or if it was actually the cheapest thing on the menu.

 

She also noticed that Seulgi was always alone. She never came into the restaurant with friends or family. The more Irene thought about it, the more her curiosity grew inside her.

 

She actually wanted to meet and talk to this stranger. She felt like the other girl wanted to say a million things, and Irene felt the same way.

 

Irene was alone in this city as well, her family living thousands of miles away from her, leaving her no choice but to communicate with them via cellphone or FaceTime.

 

She wondered if Seulgi was living alone or with her family. She wondered how many friends she had, what does she do everyday, who does she want to become.

 

Irene was a person filled with a lot of philosophical thoughts. Since she was little, her point of view on the world around her was always different from the other kids. She admired nature’s wonders and how well balanced the world was, how humans and other living beings coexisted inside a giant floating rock in space that is filled with life. She admired the ocean and its amazing power, the mountains, the clouds, how hurricanes and tornadoes and earthquakes came to life and destroyed everything in its path. How nature could build itself after it was destroyed by the hands of evil. Planet earth, a strong planet that could endure climate change and still give life to those who destroy it everyday.

 

Irene was always thinking about everything around her, of everything she couldn’t control. So, that’s why she wanted to feel how Seulgi’s company could fulfill those heavy but inspiring thoughts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter