We're Just Friends!!

PEACEFUL DAY IN RED VELVET HOUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene met Wendy two years ago. It was when her housemates Joy and Yerim decide to rent the single bedroom next to her, without her permission and without her knowing. Imagine seeing a stranger standing in middle of your apartment, in the middle of the night. Yes, you guess it right. Irene went hysterical and accidentally hurt her poor new housemate. Wendy got a huge bump on her head as a new welcome gift and as for the two younger girls, they received a long full non-stop lecture from Irene.

 

It didn’t take long for Irene to feel comfortable around Wendy. They have so much in common and Wendy outgoing personalities manage to bring them closer. Wendy also introduce her to Seulgi and yes, they used to date. But they both realized, their relationship won’t go any further. So they decide to broke things off and stayed as friends. It was after then, Irene realize her other housemate have a huge crush on her ex. But, Irene won’t mingle with their relationship. That’s up to them to figure out themselves. Irene could sense Seulgi also hide the same feelings.

 

Okay, let’s get back to the real story.

 

Irene and Wendy have a good friendship. Irene felt her real personalities come out when she’s with Wendy. Her clingy side, her whiny childish attitude just come out naturally when Wendy’s around. Wendy is someone she could rely on and dare she says, Wendy is on the top of her friend list.

 

She never thought of Wendy more other than just friends and she felt Wendy also thought the same. That is until Joy and Yerim pointed out something that make Irene wonders.

 

“I’m telling you unnie, Wendy unnie likes you.” Joy said fill with confidence.

 

“That’s ridiculous Joy. Wendy don’t like me that way.”

 

“Trust me unnie. She likes you.”

 

“She’s right unnie. Wendy unnie likes you. Like…like you-like you. I can guarantee that.” Yerim said, supporting Joy.

 

Irene shook her head, didn’t believe the two younger girls even a bit and turns back her attention to her laptop. Joy and Yerim had been bothering her ever since she came back from work that same evening, and tried to convince her about that particular topics.

 

“Unnie, hear us out.” Joy whined, pulling onto Irene arm to get her attention.

 

“Oh my god, Joy! Can’t you see I’m working? Stop bothering me!”

 

“But unnie, this is more important than your work. This is about your love life.”

 

“Joy! I don’t have time for this. I have to finish-“

 

“Unnie, do you wanna die alone?” Yerim cuts her off.

 

“I’m not gonna die alone, okay? I still got time.”

 

“But Wendy unnie doesn’t.”

 

Irene brows furrowed with what Yerim just said. Confusion, curious and slightly concern slowly creeping up inside of her.

 

“What do you mean? Is she...sick or something?”

 

“Yes!” Yerim nods.

 

Now, Irene really starts to get worry. She closed her laptop and turn her body towards the two younger girls, giving in her full attention.

 

“Wendy is sick? Is it bad? Why didn’t she say anything to me?”

 

“Oh, it’s bad unnie.” Joy said.

 

“How...how bad?”

 

“Really...really bad unnie.”

 

“What’s...what kind of sickness? Cancer?”

 

“No! It’s worse than cancer.” Yerim said with a serious expression.

 

There was a pause between them as Yerim and Joy stayed voiceless, making Irene grew restless on her spot.

 

“So, what is it? What is her illness?” Irene exclaimed, impatient.

 

“Wendy unnie...she’s badly ill-love with you.”

 

Silence invaded the whole room as Irene let Yerim words dawn into her mind.

 

“YAH!! KIM YERIM!!” Irene shouted, finally understood Wendy so called sickness while the other two cracking up.

 

“That’s not funny!”

 

Joy wiped her tears of joy. “At least, we got your attention unnie.”

 

Irene grunt. These two really knows how to get on her nerves.

 

“Now that we already have your attention... let’s talk about love.” Yerim grinned.

 

“What are we supposed to talk about? Wendy doesn’t like me that way.”

 

“Oh she definitely is unnie.”

 

“What makes you think that? What make you so sure?”

 

“Well, first... It is so obvious.” Yerim said as a matter of fact.

 

Irene frowned. “That doesn’t make any sense.”

 

Joy chuckled. “Okay, let me elaborate. There’s a difference the way she treated you and us. A huge difference.”

 

“And that is...???”

 

“She’s way nicer to you.”

 

“Of course she treats me more nicer rather than two obnoxious kids.”

 

Before Joy and Yerim could utter a single word, their doorbell rings and followed by Wendy voice.

 

“I’m home!”

 

“Welcome home!” The three said simultaneously.

 

“I think we are done here.” Irene said, thinking their discussion were finish.

 

Joy and Yerim smirk. “We can prove it to you unnie.” Joy said with confidence.

 

“Exhibit A!” Yerim add.

 

Irene brows lifted in bewilderment, couldn’t quite understand as Wendy already making her way to them.

 

“What are you guys up to?” Wendy asked, sensing something fishy.

 

“Nothing! We’re just talking about random stuff.” Joy answered.

 

“O...kay??” Wendy replied, slightly suspicious.

 

“What’s that unnie?” Joy points at the small plastic bag in Wendy’s hold.

 

“Oh, yeah! Unnie, I bought this for you.” Wendy gives the strawberry milk to Irene.

 

Irene eyes sparkle and a wide smile spread across her face seeing her favourite drink.

 

“Thank you!”

 

Wendy smile. “Welcome! I better take a shower. Do you guys already had dinner?”

 

“Nope!”

 

“I guess I should order for pizza. Is that okay?” Wendy asks, but her question was more specific set towards Irene.

 

“Sure!” Irene replied nonchalantly.

 

As soon as Wendy step inside her room, Yerim and Joy flash Irene a smug grinned like they were telling Irene, told you so.

 

“What?”

 

“You still don’t get it?” Joy exclaimed, slightly frustrated.

 

“Get what?”

 

Yerim groaned loudly. “She’s buying you a drink unnie. Only for you and non for us.”

 

“So? She always buys me strawberry milk. She knows I like it.”

 

“That’s the thing unnie. She never buy us one. She only thought of you.”

 

“And don’t give me excuses like she doesn’t know what’s our favourite drinks. We’ve been living together for two years. She even know the mole between my cheek.” Joy exaggerate.

 

Irene grimaced. “I don’t need to know that. But still, that doesn’t prove anything.” Irene was still in denial.

 

“Fine! Let’s get to exhibit B, shall we. Wendy unnie??” Yerim called out loud.

 

“What??” Came Wendy voice from inside her room.

 

“Let’s dine out.”

 

“What? I just got back! And didn’t we agreed on Pizza?”

 

“Yeah! But we have second thought.” Joy said it this time.

 

“I’m tired!”

 

“Irene unnie is the one who suggest it.” Yerim smirks, eyeing Irene who h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter