TGY PARTY!! (Part 2)

PEACEFUL DAY IN RED VELVET HOUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She underestimates the circumstances by a small percentage and acknowledge her poor decision. After a long time, she had a mild spasm emerge from her neck radiating to the top of her head, likely the humans referred to it as a sign of stress. Which she never thought she could feel again after she was appointed as a grim reaper.     She blinked once, adjusting her blurry vision. There were three scrolls aligned in strategic orders in front of her, one belongs to her and the other two scrolls belongs to her comrades.     Some of you must be curious why she had two extra scrolls that do not belong to her and the reason why she had those because she was substituting for her comrades for a day, and the day of all days has the highest average numbers of deaths in the list.     Substituting a guide was against the rules, leaving your work to go on lovely date was also against the rules. The three of them could receive a terrible punishment for this and she just pray the Angel of death wouldn’t find out about this little arrangement, or else...     Hopefully the almighty God will be on their side.     (Who would have thought that grim reapers aka spirit guide such as herself also found love in this alternate universe.)     (Love really is a strange thing)     She was happy for them, she truly was and that’s the reason she didn’t hesitate to fill-in for the couple when they asked and now, she needs to re-evaluate the whole thing right from the start. There weren’t many spirits names written on her scrolls that day, and she have only one name left, one soul she needs to claim in that evening. On the other hand, one of the extra two scrolls in her possession and with a short duration of time, five souls will be taken on that same evening.     Apparently, an unfortunate accident that caused five lives will occur on the busy street at the other side of the town and she needs to be present when the accident happens, the time of death between these five souls... gives her headache.     Twenty – nope, ten – no, no, no. She has five seconds spare of time to claim a fourteen years old soul before travelling to the other side of the town.     She needs to be quick and fast. She needs to keep an eye on her target, shoot her and leave at once.     “I am really sorry for this.” She whispered, finger aiming at the girl below the building, earphones plug into her ears.         Subject: Kim Min-Jeong Time of death: 19:33 PM Cause of death:         The sound of frantic honking and the tread skidding against the road surface coming from a red car alerting the onlookers to move out of its way caught her attention.     She fixed her gaze on the lose control car heading its way towards the side of the road where her subject stood, not aware of its existence.     She blinked and a faint light flew out of her finger the instant the car hit her subject.     She sighs, ignoring the ruckus down below as she turns around and depart to her next location.     “Mission accomplished. And I’m really sorry.”       Little did she know, the commotion down below has turn into a state of murmuring confusion. A girl was hit by a car, bleeding from head to toe and miraculously she appeared to be fine. Standing on her feet, a surprise expression clouding her face as she also finds it was amazing, she’s still alive.     “Are you okay child?”     The girl blinks moving every limb on her body. “Errr...I guess I am?”     People were utterly dumbfounded; the murmuring then rose to a clamor of amazement. The street suddenly become the main attraction that day and news soon spread like a wildfire about a miracle girl.       Unknown to them, away from the big crowds at the other side of the street, in front of a convenience store, a woman collapsed to the ground and coincidence, facing where the accident happened.     “Miss? Miss? Are you okay?” a passerby who was there shook the woman’s body.     “Is she breathing? Check her pulse.”     “Oh my God.”     In no time, the front of the small store had also attracted some people and beyond the human’s eyesight, a spirit that resemble the woman was standing near them, immobile, dull eyes staring to nothing.     “Someone, call an ambulance.”        

 

  PRESENT TIME     “You missed your shot?!” Seungwan exclaimed.     “Err...well, technically it went past my original subject and hit you instead.”     “That is literally the meaning of the word missed, means. Bloody unicorns! Hooo...this is not happening. I wasn’t supposed to die. This must a bad dream. A very bad – bad dream.”     “Okay, stay calm – “     Irene flinch at the fiery gaze. “Calm? How can I stay calm? I just found out I wasn’t supposed to die because the grim reaper that accidently took my soul has a poor eyesight.”     “Hey! My eyesight is incredible. You think a spirit guide have poor eyesight; we got the best eyesight in the industry.”     “Then, you must have a bad sense of aiming.”     Irene inhale deeply. She admits it was her fault. She had been doing this job for a very long time and she admit she had made a few mistakes, but this time, she don’t think the Angel of death would keep a blind eye. She might lose her job for this.     “Okay. I’m really sorry. I had a lot on my plate that day and I admit it was completely my fault.”     “Hoo...you’re sorry? What about me? I lost my life, my precious life. You should’ve just stay eating with a spoon instead of chopstick Miss Spirit guide and now look at me, I’m stuck in this forking world.”     Irene tilted her head, giving the spirit a long look. “Are you - I’m sorry. Did you just curse?”     “Seriously? That’s all you care!” Seungwan exploded. “Okay, yeah. I have a unique way in the terms of cursing.”     “Alright, don’t get angry. I just thought it urmm... it’s kinda cute. You’re cute.”     Seungwan stiffened; her brain had a minor glitch, the heat once again crawling all over her skin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter