PEACEFUL DAY IN RED VELVET HOUSE

PEACEFUL DAY IN RED VELVET HOUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Red Velvet, after a successful comeback and so many photo shoots, travelling from one country after another, those never ending fan signs event; after endless weeks packed with their hectic schedules, finally, they were awarded with two days’ worth of vacation. Finally, they’ll be able to rest.

 

First day of their so called vacation, all of them ended up spending their day inside their room. On their bed. Sleeping. Catching up for their lost dreams. So nothing special had happened that day – peaceful.

 

It was alright for the second day. Yeri’s sleeping in her room, Wendy and Irene cuddling on the couch watching Netflix, Joy and Seulgi went out for groceries shopping; everything was going smoothly, just the way Wendy likes it. With her clingy girlfriend wrapped around her arms, so far, her day was fantastic.

 

Well, it was fantastic up until Joy and Seulgi came back and excitedly told the couple they wanted to cook.

 

Wendy wouldn’t exactly say they’re bad at cooking. Both of them can prepare a decent meal, sometimes, but the aftermath though. How their kitchen will look later – Wendy could only sigh.

 

She didn’t thought of anything when Seulgi drop those plastic bags in the living room and proceed taking out the content inside. However, the moment Joy brings out a portable gas stove from her room, instantly she felt uneasy. She have a bad feeling about this.

 

“You know…” she started, scooting to the edge of the couch. Eyeball flicking from Seulgi skilful hand to Joy putting a gas cartridge into the stove. “…We do have stoves in our kitchen, right?”

 

Joy beamed at her, blinding her with that pearly smile. “We know. But where’s the fun in that? Let’s just pretend we are outside in the open air, camping.”

 

While the oldest of them giggled at the chirpy response, Wendy on the other hand look dumbfounded.

 

“Camping? In our living room?” Disbelief layering Wendy’s tone, thinking these two are being ridiculous.

 

This time, Seulgi melted her with that cute bear smile, nodding enthusiastically as she say “U-hu! We’re on a camping trip. Red Velvet camping house. It’ll be fun, right?”

 

Wendy softly exhale, admitting her defeat. She do not want to ruin that innocent imagination. Wendy isn’t cruel.

 

Wendy felt a light tug on her arm and Irene flash her a soft smile. “Let them be Wannie. Red Velvet camping house sounds kind of fun.” She whispered and turn her attention to the two grinning girls on the floor, anticipating for their answers.

 

“It does sounds fun. Count us in.”

 

“Yay!”

 

A chuckled escaped Wendy’s mouth seeing the two then excitedly began emptying those plastic bags, making a mess on the floor. Wendy shakes her head and bring her gaze to meet with Irene.

 

“You’re always spoiling them Hyun.”

 

“Hey!” Irene give a light slap on Wendy shoulder. “I’m not the one who always give them anything they want every time they pulled out the puppy eyes card. That was you. Don’t forget, I’m the strict mom and you’re the fun dad. Wait, no. You’re the whipped dad.”

 

Wendy laughed. Her girlfriend was not wrong. “Okay, alright. I admit. I spoiled them too much. Curse this soft heart.” She let out an exaggerated sighs with one hand clutching her chest.

 

Irene giggled at the excessively dramatic manner and plant a soft kiss on her girlfriend cheek. “You’re gentle and warm. That’s why I fell in love with you in the first place.”

 

Wendy couldn’t fight the smile growing on her face as she intertwined their fingers. She almost lean in and capture that irresistible lips if Joy annoyed voice didn’t interrupt their zone.

 

“If you two wanna make out, please! Not in front of the food. I will get diabetes by the sugar coating sweetness you two going to pour.”

 

Wendy smirk. “If you’re jealous, just say so.” she wink suggestively and proceed to place a quick peck on Irene lips which the older one gladly response with two more pecks. Giggling when the younger girl scowl at them, evidently annoyed.

 

The scowl on Joy’s face however, immediately turn into sunny warm when she turn to look at the busy girl seated next to her, beaming a bright smile.

 

“Seulgi unnie, can you help me turn this on?” she cutely asks, pointing at the stove. Without a word, Seulgi abandoned her work and move in to help.

 

Seeing this, Wendy smirk. “Wahhh… Look at how fast she change from a Satan to an innocent Angel. I can already hear the cupid singing.”

 

The couple laughed at the pointed look Joy casted towards them while Seulgi looks completely lost.

 

“Did I miss something? What’s so funny?” and because of this, added with Seulgi clueless face had the couple laughing their off.

 

Seulgi blinks several times, still confused. “What? What’s so funny? What happen?”

 

Joy huffed. “Nothing! Just turn on the damn stove.”

 

Taken aback by the sudden mood change and afraid that she might awaken the beast inside the sunshine girl, Seulgi nod and resume to her task.

 

Sometimes later, after a minute of twisting, trying to make fire comes out of the stove, Seulgi swallowed. Seems like the stove doesn’t like her and won’t cooperate with her in this crucial moment.

 

Anxious, Seulgi slowly bring her gaze up to the couple giggling on the couch. Seulgi know, they knew about her struggle as she send a silent pleads to the couple, desperately asking for their help with her eyes.

 

“Unnie.” Seulgi flinch at Joy voice. “Why don’t I see any fire?”

 

“I err… I urmm…” Seulgi chuckles nervously, sending a last plea to the couple.

 

“You don’t know how to turn it on?”

 

“N-no. I mean yes. I mean… “ she stutters, gulping. “It won’t turn on.”

 

“It won’t or you don’t know how.”

 

Feel sorry for her bear friend, Wendy finally decided to step in as she stands up. “Sooyoung. Don’t scare her or she’ll get upset and devour everything on that table.” Wendy says, sliding in between the two.

 

“I didn’t scare her. I’m not scary.” Joy argued.

 

“Uh hemm. You’re bigger and scary when you’re hungry.” Wendy says, hand busy twisting the knob.

 

“Am not! Am I scary?!” She asks the squirming bear which the bear quickly denied by shaking her head. Her action says otherwise though, scooting a little closer to her friend and Joy being observant saw this small action.

 

“Unnie! I’m not scary.”

 

“Nope. Just intimidating.” Wendy says.

 

“Hey – “

 

“Sooyoung.” And here comes the stern of voice of their leader and that manage to shut the younger girl, much to Seulgi relief. Silently thanking Irene for just being present.

 

“I think this thing is broken.” Wendy says, still twisting the knob.

 

“I only used it once. It can’t be broken.”

 

“Maybe the gas is empty.” Seulgi says, flinching when Joy turns to her.

 

“You just saw me put a new one inside.”

 

“O-okay.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter