mario kart: demigod edition

the hearth (a home to return to)

Last we heard from the gang back at Camp Half-Blood, there was an event happening. Let's check up on them now! 

 

 

“And here we are! On the first day of Camp Half-Blood’s annual Chariot Tournament!” Dahyun’s voice echoed through the Combat Arena’s enchanted speakers. She had on her ‘special announcer voice’ , as Jeongyeon dubbed it. 

The crowd cheered vigorously in response. 

Speaking of the enchanted speakers, don’t ask her how it worked—the collab between the Hephaestus cabin’s tech and the Hecate cabin’s magic was something of a wonder. 

Anyways, back to the chariot racing. 

The Daughter of Zeus grinned excitedly at the crowd’s reaction. Chiron made her the commentator for this year’s tournament. Granted, her ability to fly might have had something to do with her capability to cover the event. 

A flash of metal caught her eye. 

Ahh, there they are.  

“And here comes our racers now!” 

The crowd cheered again as the chariots of the tournament’s first leg entered the coliseum. 

 

“Let’s get a closer look, shall we?” Dahyun started descending from her perch on one of the coliseum’s marble pillars. She got as close to the ground until she could hover above the lined-up racers. 

“In our first position, we have Jeongyeon and Tzuyu—give it up for your favorite power couple!” 

The crowd cheered and let out whistles. Dahyun could only grin and laugh as Jeongyeon dramatically basked in the attention while Tzuyu attempted to hide her face behind one of their chariot horse’s manes. 

 

“Next up—oh! Looks like it’s Nayeon! In a hot rod too!” 

The crowd ooh-ed and ahh-ed as they cheered for the Daughter of Ares. 

“Looks like this race is about to get interesting!” Dahyun said as she hovered closer to Nayeon’s chariot. 

Said Daughter of Ares struck a pose and her chariot’s paint job as she sat in it, like it was some kind of photoshoot. 

“Yes, folks—what you’re seeing is correct!” Dahyun resumed her commentary as she finished examining Nayeon’s chariot. 

Holographic images flickered from the base of the chariot, showing realistic images of black mares pulling the chariot. 

“It’s automated! No horses drawing this chariot—but there’s definitely horsepower involved!” 

The crowd was split with Dahyun’s joke—some groaned in distaste while the other half laughed. The Daughter of Zeus just chuckled before continuing. 

 

“Oh! Look who’s our next contestants.” Dahyun raised her energy to hype up the crowd’s excitement. “It’s your BACK-TO-BACK CHAMPIONS!” 

Maybe it was just her enhanced hearing ability, but Dahyun could hear the crowd buzzing. Their excited murmurs rose when Sana and Mina appeared with their steel and white-gold chariot. Even their horses looked pristine with their immaculate white manes brushed back, like they already won the race. 

Dahyun introduced a few more racers and their chariots, hyping along the crowd as she did so. 

 

Just as the Daughter of Zeus finished the racers’ introductions, something caught everyone’s eye. 

“What do we have here!” Dahyun’s grin could be heard through the speakers. “Looks like contestants Nayeon and Sana have gotten into a verbal battle!” 

Dahyun flew in a little closer as the crowd’s noise level rose. 

“Quick, someone get a camera! Contestant Jeongyeon just got dragged into the verbal exchange.” 

Her voice turned jokingly frantic. “Where’s that camera!?! Tzuyu and Mina are holding their respective partners back. Someone better capture the moment this gets physical!” 

Dahyun started laughing as the exchange went on. Gods, how she loved how chaotic her friends could be. 

“Wait! No one’s holding Nayeon back!” Dahyun and the crowd gasped in realization. 

 

The scuffle between the racing teams continued on for a while, much to the crowd’s amusement. Dahyun was busy laughing when Chiron sent her a look from his place on the racing grounds. 

Her laughter trailed off before the demigod cleared and proceeded to wrap things up. 

“Alright, alright! Break it up guys!” 

Dahyun touched down and threw a few lightning sparks up in the air to stop the fight. The flares of lightning effectively got everyone’s attention. 

The crowd ooh-ed and ahh-ed at the lightning display. Dahyun smirked as she easily reabsorbed the sparks. 

“Break it up guys. You can fight later—we have a whole tournament to get to!” 

Dahyun re-took flight as the racers settled down. But not before Nayeon and Sana exchanged a few more insulting looks. 

 

 

A demigod clad in a white chiton was standing on a raised platform in the middle of the racing grounds. He held a lit torch as he waited for the racers. 

Once the participating chariots were all lined up, the demigod lifted his torch. 

The crowd began cheering at the motion. 

 

“Here we go folks!” Dahyun began the countdown, the crowd joined in enthusiastically. 

At zero, the demigod dropped the torch into a golden-bronze brazier to which ignited a great fire. 

Dust kicked up as the racers hightailed it from the starting line. The crowd went wild as the racers all struggled to grab the lead. 

“And off they go!” Dahyun began relaying her play-by-play commentary. 

 

“The Athena duo has the lead!” 

The crowd cheered. 

 

“Oh—what’s this? Nayeon is catching up!” 

The crowd’s volume rose in anticipation. 

 

“And right on both of their tails is a golden-yellow chariot pulled by Jeongyeon and Tzuyu!” 

The crowd—particularly the Apollo and Hermes cabin’s section—roared excitedly in response. 

 

“But Sana and Mina are keeping the lead—with a respectable distance too!” 

This time, it was the Athena cabin section that cheered and whistled loudly. 

 

“OOH—THERE GOES A WHEEL! The Hecate team is out of the race!” 

The crowd groaned and winced and cheered drastically in response. 

 

“Nayeon and the Athena duo are neck and neck!” Dahyun’s voice rose as the two chariots were riding next to each other. 

The crowd went nuts

 

“And now they’re duking it out! SANA AND NAYEON ARE EXCHANGING BLOWS!” Dahyun’s tone rose several pitches, matching the audience’s level. “SOMEONE GET THE APOLLO CABIN’S MEDIC TEAM ON STANDBY—there’s gonna be a bloody nose by the end of this race!” 

The crowd’s roars were deafening as the two teams continued throwing punches—while on their chariots! Nayeon and Sana were trading blows while Mina had the reins on their chariot’s horses. She impressively steered the chariot while also holding Sana’s waist, preventing her from falling off. 

“AND WHAT’S THIS?” Dahyun had suddenly exclaimed while she was watching the exchange between Nayeon and Sana. “Jeongyeon and Tzuyu have taken the lead in the midst of the chaos!” 

The Apollo and Hermes team pulled through to first place as the two teams were locked in their match. Tzuyu commandeered the reins while Jeongyeon turned around and stuck out her tongue, taunting the racers. 

 

“Nayeon and Sana have disengaged! I repeat—the two have disengaged from their fight!” 

The crowd screamed feverishly! The level of excitement was brought to a new height due to the plot twist of the third party. 

 

“It looks like the two have put up a truce as they catch up to the first place team!” 

Chariot wheels squeaked, dust trails formed, and horses were whinnying (yes, Nayeon’s holographic horses were also capable of whining noises too) as the chariots raced furiously through the dirt race track. 

 

Dahyun was smiling ear to ear as she hovered above the track, reporting the events of the race to the audience. 

“And the racers are still vying for first place! IT’S GONNA BE A TIE BETWEEN THE RACERS—the positions keep switching back and forth as we enter the last lap!” 

The crowd was on their feet! Who would place first in this year’s tournament? 

“AND IT’S—IT’S—“ 

 

Screams erupted from the crowd—but not for the right reason. 

 

Just as the racers crossed the finish line, part of the coliseum’s gates busted open. The steel gates were decimated as a large chimera barged into the arena’s racing grounds. 

Screams erupted once again as the demigod crowd was surprised and confused by the monster’s sudden appearance. 

The monster roared menacingly. Some chariots were smashed as the chimera wreaked havoc on the race track. Luckily the chariots were already unmanned. 

“IT’S A CHIMERA—A CHIMERA HAS ENTERED THE RACING GROUNDS!” 

Dahyun screamed into the enchanted speakers. She whipped her head and looked towards Chiron for guidance. 

The centaur already has his bow and arrows equipped as he directed the evacuation for the crowd. He signaled her before continuing. 

The Daughter of Zeus gulped before assisting in the evacuation. She used the speakers to help guide the panicking crowd of demigods out of the arena. 

Once the unarmed demigods were well on their way out of the coliseum, Chiron turned towards some of the older and more experienced campers. 

“Ready your arms! Man the defenses!” The camp director then turned to the majority of the Apollo cabin. “Archers—up on the walls!” 

 

Nayeon had stopped for a beat, clearly caught off guard by the sudden appearance of a chimera, her chariot sat idle as the chaos ensued. Two chariots pulled up next to hers. 

A quick glance revealed Jeongyeon and Tzuyu, and Sana and Mina. 

An unspoken question appeared in all of their expressions when they made eye contact. 

What do we do?  

 

The Daughter of Ares took action first. She summoned her celestial bronze spear with a grin. She twirled it confidently as she stood in her flame-painted chariot and said, “Let’s do what we do best.” 

Jeongyeon snorted at her confident grin but also summoned her celestial bronze sword nonetheless. She looked towards Sana and Mina, “What’s the plan?” 

The demigods stared at the monster, the two Athena daughters were analyzing its movements. 

The chimera was a large monster but it’s body was a complete hybrid; It’s body was a mix of three completely different animals—it’s head and lower body was of a lion’s, it’s back had a goat’s head attached, and a scaly diamondback snake-headed tail was situated on its behind. 

“Watch out for the tail and the goat head! It’s bite is venomous and—don’t ask me how but—the goat head can breathe fire.” 

“Bro… it breathes fire...” 

“Literally… what the Hades …” 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon were incredulous as they stared at the hybrid monster. Said monster was still currently smashing unoccupied wooden chariots out on the track. 

“How do we kill it.” Tzuyu’s question rang in the air. 

 

At that, Nayeon’s chariot shot forward. Her chariot sounded like a race car's engine—no doubt the work of Chaeyoung. The demigod gleefully yelled, “Let’s find out!” as she darted towards the rampaging monster with an eager smirk. 

Jeongyeon sighed and lightly shook her head. “Always the first one on the battlefield.” 

Tzuyu just nudged her lightly. “It wouldn’t be her otherwise.” 

“True.” The Daughter of Hermes chuckled before taking the reins of their chariot. She followed after the Daughter of War, Sana and Mina’s chariot followed close behind them. 

They soon caught up to Nayeon. Their chariots were lined up in a row as they raced towards the chimera. It hadn’t noticed them yet, too busy pouncing on empty chariots. 

Tzuyu turned to the Athena duo. “What’s the plan?” 

Sana was busy driving so Mina answered. Her eyes tracked all over the monster’s movements, taking into account the frenzied motion of its tail and the way the goat head spun in all directions. 

“There’s more of us—we’ll use that to our advantage. We’ll attack as we circle in our chariots. Hopefully we can confuse it with our numbers and speed.” 

Sana glanced above the coliseum before adding, “Don’t forget about the Apollo cabin’s archers above. Maybe they can get a lucky shot in.” 

Tzuyu’s head tilted back to look at the arena’s walls and arches. Her siblings were perched and already aiming their bows at the monster. She signaled a series of hand motions at them, getting a thumbs-up in return. Aim for the eyes.  

 

“Here we go!” 

Nayeon’s war cry caught everyone’s attention. Her chariot darted forward once more, maneuvering herself so that she was close to the back of the chimera. The demigod lashed out with her spear, getting a clean slash across one of the monster’s hind legs. 

The chimera let loose a roar at the unexpected pain. Golden ichor oozed out from the open cut. It’s snake-head tail lashed out at another empty chariot, sending it flying into the coliseum where it smashed and splintered into pieces. It whirled around trying to see what attacked it. 

Nayeon smirked as she got away from the monster. The proud smirk on her face showed her satisfaction of drawing first blood. Now she was following Mina’s plan as her chariot circled the angry beast. 

 

The chimera kept on turning around and around as the demigods’ chariots circled it. It would pounce and swipe at the chariots. The demigods would dodge and evade its attacks, but some were a little too close for their liking. 

Jeongyeon and Tzuyu ducked into the safety of their chariot just as the chimera’s claws swiped over their heads. 

“Too close!” Jeongyeon yelped at the encounter. She could hear the way its claws separated the air above them. 

Tzuyu gritted her teeth as she slowly stood up. Her bow was in hand and she was already loading an arrow. “Can you circle to its front.” 

Jeongyeon pulled the reins around. “Give me a sec!” 

As their chariot whipped around the chimera, Tzuyu aimed her sights at the monster’s face. She grimaced as the hybrid lion’s snarling face came into her view. 

The celestial bronze arrow she was pulling back glowed a golden-yellow as the demigod concentrated. 

“It’s coming straight at us!” Jeongyeon yelled as she kept driving. “Whatever it is you’re doing, do it fast!” 

Tzuyu exhaled just as she fired the arrow. The golden-yellow glow overtook the arrow, flashing brightly before the arrows multiplied. 

Her aim was dead on as it pierced the chimera in multiple places. The chimera let loose another painful roar. 

Jeongyeon began circling the monster again. She exclaimed in awed astonishment, “Whoa! You can multiply arrows?! Where did you learn how to do that?” 

Tzuyu merely smirked as she reloaded her bow. She by saying, “Maybe if you came to archery practice with me, you’d know.” 

Jeongyeon pouted and whined as she drifted the chariot along the dirt track again. “Aww booooo. You know archery practice is boring to me.” 

 

Mina summoned her celestial bronze weapon—or rather, weapons. With a twist of her ring, two celestial bronze swords appeared in her hands. 

Sana and Mina worked like a well-oiled machine. Sana would drive the chariot around and in-between the chimera’s limbs and body while Mina would hack and slash away at whatever she came close to. 

Nayeon mirrored them; she would attack the monster on their opposite side to draw away its attention from her friends. Then they would repeat and alternate again. This way, they could maximize the damage they inflicted while avoiding the monster’s attacks. 

Spots of golden ichor dripped down the chimera’s body like splashes of paint. There were cuts all over the monster’s lower half, evidence of the demigods’ combined efforts. Stray arrows stuck out of the lion’s body, the Apollo cabin archers managed to rain down some damage too. 

 

Mina huffed out a breath just as they dodged its snapping jaws. A worried tone sprung out of her, “I think it’s starting to figure out our strategy.” 

A furrow formed at Sana’s eyebrows. “Yeah, I think so too. What should we—DUCK!” 

Sana and Mina ducked down into the safety of their chariot just as the chimera’s goat head blasted a stream of fire at them. 

The two demigods were able to avoid the fire attack but their chariot was left unmanned. The chimera took the chance to strike—it’s huge lion paw clawed and battered the chariot, sending it flying into the air. 

The demigods screamed their friends’ names as they watched them be launched into the air. 

 

Mina had panicked for a moment as her feet left the solid ground. The air rushed through her hair as she started descending. The pit of her stomach dropped as the view of the ground started coming closer. She never liked the feeling of falling. 

She felt a hand grab onto her shoulder—Sana 

When Mina turned her head, she was greeted by a reassuring smile and nod. The older demigod had summoned her celestial bronze shield and spear. “Aerial attack.” That was all she said as they started falling down faster. 

Sana braced her shield in front of her. Mina closed her eyes and desperately clutched onto the back of Sana’s leather armor piece. 

They were falling and the chimera was right below them. Sana could see their friends still fighting the chimera on the ground. 

The chimera’s goat head took notice of their descent. It blasted another stream of fire at them. Intent on finishing them with a roasting heat. 

Sana acted quick and held her shield downwards. The celestial bronze shield took the brunt of the attack, keeping Sana and Mina safe from the flames. 

Fire streaked around the curve of the shield, making the two demigods look like a streaking comet raining down. 

 

The goat head failed to take into account the distance between them and the speed they were falling at. It was still breathing fire when the demigods closed the distance. 

Sana slammed her shield down onto its face, using the momentum of their free-fall to her advantage to shield bash the goat head directly in the face. 

Accompanying the shield bash, the goat head was burned by its own flames. It released a horrible braying screech—which escalated when Sana landed on the chimera’s back and viciously slashed its face with her spear. Golden ichor splashed out as the goat’s eyes were permanently blinded. 

 

Mina had recovered once they landed on the chimera. She quickly sprinted towards the chimera’s behind, which was a little difficult. This is the first time she’s been on top of a monster, and in the midst of a fight too! This is definitely a first. Now I can say I have sprinted across the back of a chimera before.  

Her priority was getting rid of the chimera’s venomous tail before anything potentially horrible could happen. 

Luckily the snake-head tail was distracted by her friends on the ground. She took the chance to attack. 

Mina leaped forward and spun with her swords facing outwards. She was like a spinning top—except this spinning top was bladed 

Her dual swords cleanly severed the snake-head tail from the chimera’s body. Golden ichor and green tinged liquid spurted out from the dismemberment. 

 

The chimera roared at an ear-splitting volume as it reared back. The combined sensation of its goat head getting slashed and its snake-head tail being severed was too much for it. It started violently thrashing from the pain. The movement caused Sana and Momo to fall from its body. 

Mina had tucked and rolled when her body made contact with the ground, minimizing the pain from the fall. She felt a hand pull her up. When she looked up, it was Tzuyu. 

“You alright?” 

Mina nodded at the archer’s question. In her peripheral, she could see Sana had also safely made it to the ground. Jeongyeon and her were standing side by side, their weapons up and ready. 

“Nice job, you two.” 

Tzuyu’s words brought Mina back to the fight in front of them. She nodded before asking, “Where’s Nayeon unnie?” 

Tzuyu could only point at what Mina thought was a red blur. The chimera had kicked up the coliseum’s dirt and dust when it thrashed violently. You couldn’t blame her for doubting the sight in front of her. 

“That’s… Nayeon unnie!?” 

 

The demigods stood and watched in wonder as the dust cleared up. Indeed, it was the Daughter of Ares. 

During the fight, Nayeon’s body had glowed in a deep red outline, almost bordering on blood-red. She abandoned her chariot, opting for a fight on her feet. The warrior had a bloodthirsty grin on her face as she danced with the chimera. 

The dance was an exchange of powerfully fast blows and swipes and strikes. Nayeon moved fluidly with her spear, spinning and twirling in a calculated manner as she dealt out blow after blow at the chimera. She effortlessly matched the monster’s strength, even going to deflect its sharp claws with what only Sana could deem as an expert parry by the blunt part of her spear. 

The chimera suddenly roared at the demigod. Like it was trying to intimidate her. 

Nayeon merely smirked. It couldn’t fool her. She knew it was starting to feel weakened, especially after her friends inflicted some serious damage to the goat head and the snake-head tail. 

“Come and get it!” Her hands gripped her spear securely before she dashed forward towards the chimera. 

The chimera lunged at the incoming demigod. Nayeon anticipated its movement; she broke into a slide and sank her spear into the beast’s underbelly, leaving deep slashes all across its flesh. 

The chimera crumpled in mid-air, landing on the ground in a mess of tangled limbs and golden ichor. 

When Nayeon emerged, half of her arms and a good portion of her shirt was covered in the golden liquid. “Aww gross.” The demigod momentarily frowned. “I hope the Camp’s laundry machine has a ‘monster blood’ setting.” 

 

Nayeon looked back at the monster, who laid motionless on the coliseum ground. Parts of the goat head and the snake-head tail was starting to flake off into golden dust. With a satisfied nod, Nayeon turned her back and started walking towards her friends. 

“You guys alright?” She asked once she reached them. “Not gonna lie, you guys almost gave me a heart attack when your chariot went flying.” 

A teasing grin appeared on Sana’s face. “Aww Nayeon, were you worried about us?” 

Nayeon snorted as she dug her spear into the ground and leaned on it. Her eyes drifted off, as if to appear nonchalant. “As if—your chariot was headed straight for me!” 

Mina giggled. She could see straight through the Daughter of War’s bluff. 

“How’s your—” 

A rumbling growl interrupted what she was going to say next. Heavy stomping shook the ground and echoed through the coliseum. When the demigods turned around, the chimera had already gotten up and lunged at them. 

It was as if time slowed down as the demigods stared at the chimera’s haggard body in mid-air. Its snarling mouth dripped with spittle and golden ichor. Its eyes were tired but harsh as it launched its last attack. 

Mina didn’t know how it got up so fast. One second the monster was motionless on the ground, the next second it was inches away from ripping them to shreds. 

 

Everybody was caught off guard. 

 

No one was prepared. 

 

Too fast… not enough time… 

 

Some of the archers still stationed on the arena walls struggled to reload their bows. Some arrows managed to hit the chimera, but none did enough damage to stop the beast in its tracks. 

Jeongyeon, Mina, and Tzuyu were still drawing their celestial bronze swords up as the chimera closed in on them. 

Nayeon and Sana managed to hold their spears and shield up in front of them. They were at the front of their group and the chimera was hovering inches away from them. The two more experienced demigods knew they didn’t have enough time to do anything else, so instead they braced themselves. If they could absorb as much damage as they could at the front… maybe the others behind them stood a chance. 

Sana could feel her shield buckling under the weight of the chimera’s claws. Her heart was beating so hard, she could feel it in her ears. She didn’t know how they were gonna survive this. She could see Nayeon struggling in her peripheral, her arms holding her spear up trembled as the monster loomed above them. 

The demigods felt pure dread descend upon them. Their eyes were blown wide as the chimera’s maw was open wide right above them. The beast’s fangs and claws glinted, appearing more menacing than ever before. 

 

Just when Mina thought things couldn’t get any crazier, she was proven wrong. 

The smell of ozone was the only thing that aded her senses before a blinding white light flashed in the coliseum. 

A deafening clap of thunder boomed. Her ears rang from the sound. 

One second the chimera was looming above the demigods, ready to snap its jaws shut and send them to the Underworld. The next second, the chimera was blown back by a powerfully fast force. 

Mina blinked the flash out of her eyes. Then she looked up to see Dahyun. 

The Daughter of Zeus was hovering in front of them. Electric sparks flickered all over her body. She was holding on to her weapon, a long halberd. The end of her battle-axe spear was deeply piercing the chimera’s chest, preventing it from moving without further exacerbating its wound. 

The monster whined in pain as the electric sparks traveled from the demigod to her weapon, where it ended up shocking the beast. 

The demigod looked back at her friends. Startling electric blue eyes greeted them. 

Dahyun grinned at their surprised and relieved faces. “C’mon guys! Don’t go dying on me now—we still have a whole tournament to get to!” 

 

She chuckled before turning back to the chimera stuck on the end of her halberd. Her grin was gone as her eyes hardened. Her voice lowered to an almost impossible volume. 

“You almost killed my friends and my girlfriend…” 

If the chimera understood her words, it didn’t respond. Instead, it released more painful whines and whimpers as the electricity coursing through its body grew stronger. 

“Time to finish this.” 

Dahyun’s eyes flashed an intense blue-white as she summoned down lightning and thunder. Bright white light flashed once again in the coliseum, causing everybody present to shield their eyes. The bolt of electricity directly struck Dahyun like she was a lightning rod. 

The chimera was unable to make a sound as thousands of voltages of pure electricity coursed through its body. It could only squirm for a few nanoseconds before it simply burst into golden dust—proof that the chimera was really defeated. 

The bright flash was gone as soon as it came. 

The group of demigods looked up only to see Dahyun holding her halberd on her shoulder with a grin. Golden dust was scattering in the air. That along with the debris and the broken chariots on the race track was the only proof that a chimera had attacked Camp. 

 

Dahyun sheathed her weapon before making her way towards her friends. 

She chuckled at their still nonplussed faces. “You guys alright? That was—” 

Mina had uncharacteristically rushed forward towards the demigod, interrupting her with a long, slow kiss. 

Dahyun’s eyes went blank as her girlfriend pulled back. “Uhh…” 

“My hero, you have perfect timing.” Mina giggled at her girlfriend’s stunned face. Dahyun merely nodded slowly, a smile forming on her face as Mina wrapped her arms around her and pecked her again and again. 

“What are we? Chopped liver?” Jeongyeon had jokingly cried out, bringing the couple’s attention back to their friends. 

The Daughter of Hermes turned towards Tzuyu with a puppy dog eyes, silently asking her to play along. 

Tzuyu simply sighed, rolled her eyes, and pulled her girlfriend’s shirt collar towards her with a fond smile. “Come here you big baby.” 

As the couple kissed, Nayeon and Sana made eye contact. 

Nayeon scowled and said, “I’m not kissing you, blondie.” She pursed her lips and turned her head away. “These lips are only for Chaengie.” 

Sana didn’t even hide her snort of disgust and shoved her away. “As if!” 

The two broke out into another animated squabble after the shove. 

Jeongyeon stood still with a blush apparent on her face while Tzuyu stood next to her with a -eating grin on hers. Jeongyeon didn’t expect her girlfriend to play along at all. 

Mina leaned her head onto Dahyun’s as the two laughed at their friends’ antics. 

 

“I don’t think the tournament’s happening any time soon.” Tzuyu said as she observed the mess that was the coliseum’s racing grounds. 

Wooden debris and smashed chariots littered the ground. Part of the dirt track was also messed up during the battle with the chimera. 

“Guess this year’s chariot racing is a bust.” Dahyun said forlornly before she bounced back cheerfully. “Oh well, there’s always next year.” 

“Guys?” Jeongyeon nudged the person next to her. “Shouldn’t we stop them?” She pointed towards Nayeon and Sana, whose squabbling escalated again. 

“No way!” Dahyun excitedly bounced. “Someone quick! Get a camera!”