At Gwanghwamun

Gwanghwamun

Kyuhyun climbed up the steps to the Sungkyunkwan's Central Library, with happy heartbeats. The thoughts of meeting and talking to Sungmin again was very nerve-wracking yet he was looking forward to it. He was practically smiling during his lectures that morning, so much so that his coursemates must be thinking there was something wrong with him.

As he reached the library floor, Sungmin's head came on view. "Oh great, Sungmin is there! Ok stay calm and don't trip over anything..." he told himself while taking deep breaths. Sungmin saw him and waved at him, and at that moment, of all moments, Kyuhyun received a phone call. ", my professor!" he grumbled, looking up at Sungmin, he gestured a "give me 5 minutes" signal at him.

"Hi Professor Choi" Kyuhyun answered politely.

"Kyuhyun, do you have sometime now? I need to use one of your solution methodology to put into the presentation to the Councillors. I just need to clarify something with you" Professor Choi  sounded urgent. 

"Errr, I'm at the library now, but yeah, I can drop by your room in 10 minutes time? It shouldn't take long right?" Kyuhyun said, glancing at Sungmin, who gestured to Kyuhyun to go ahead. 

"No no, I just need about 10 minutes of your time. Ok see you Kyuhyun" Professor Choi sounded thankful and off his line. 

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, with apologetic voice "Sorry Sungmin, I meet you in 20 minutes time?"

"No worries. Make it half an hour? In case your professor needs more time" Sungmin said with understanding, and added "Ohh, do you want to collect your book first?" Sungmin took out the book that he has helped to reserve for Kyuhyun. 

"Yes ok" Kyuhyun nodded and smile. "Here, my student card" he passed over his metriculation card to Sungmin for him to tap at his cardreader to sign out the book. "Thank you for reserving it" Kyuhyun smile thankfully at Sungmin. 

"You look so handsome in that photo" Sungmin , referring to Kyuhyun's photo on his card. And he looked dashingly handsome now, Sungmin smile to himself. 

Kyuhyun wanted to tell him that it was taken on the same day as the orientation day, and that he looked happy because of Sungmin actually. But he just chuckled and accepted his card back from Sungmin. "Ok I see you later? I meet you here, or at the cafeteria?" 

"Let's meet here. I'll stay for a while to update the database. By the way, want to watch a movie later?" Sungmin asked with a raise eyebrows. 

"I thought you have afternoon lecture?" Kyuhyun asked, praying very hard that the movie 'date' becomes a reality! His crush asked him to watch a movie with him!!OhmyGod!! 

But he managed to give Sungmin a calm look. 

"It's cancelled! So I'm free for the rest of the afternoon! What say you, want to go? It's been ages since I went for a movie!!" 

Kyuhyun couldn't believed his luck!! "Why not? Ok, we go after lunch?" 

"Great! Ok you better hurry and  see your professor" Sungmin urshered him off. 

Kyuhyun looked at his watch. "Ooh yeah ok, see you later" and he ran off, with Sungmin smiling looking at his retreating figure. 

Still smiling, Sungmin continued updating the Library catalogues. Kyuhyun is really cute, he thought to himself. "Does he like boys, too, like me? But even if he does, he is two years younger than me. He wouldn't want to start a relationship with me, would he?" Sungmin asked himself. 

He was packing his haversack when Kyuhyun suddenly appeared, smiling handsomely at the counter. "Ready? " Kyuhyun asked. 

"Yup, give me a minute, I let Madam Park know that I'm going off" Sungmin said, raising his cute eyebrows and walking over to the chief Librarian at the end of the counter. 

They ate lunch while laughing at Sungmin's jokes about some funny students sleeping in the library. Then they walked together, passing by Gwanghwamun towards CineCube Gwanghwamun cinema. 

Kyuhyun found out that Sungmin was really a great companion, easy to be with, and loves music, just like him.  He felt that he was falling heads over heels with him. 

They chose to sit right at the back, in a quite corner, eventhough the cinema were not pack since it was a weekday. The middle half of the movie was quite draggy, and before long, Kyuhyun felt Sungmin's head on his shoulder. His hair smells apple, and Kyuhyun felt an overwhelming feeling of wanting to envelop Sungmin into his arm. Slowly, he lifted Sungmin's head and wrapped his arm around the sleepy Sungmin, so much so that Sungmin's head was now resting between Kyuhyun's inner arm and neck. 

What is Sungmin to him? Kyuhyun asked himself. He liked him very very much, so heads over heels with him, but he wondered whether Sungmin liked boys too, just like him?

He felt Sungmin moved, and he looked down at him, and was surprised that Sungmin was looking up at him, with a questioning look.

Without thinking, Kyuhyun lifted up Sungmin's face, bent down and kissed Sungmin's lips, and much to his delight, Sungmin slowly kissed him back! OhmyHolyGod!!! Kyuhyun felt that his heart was like going to burst! Whatever happening to the movie, they didn't care because they were lost in their own World.

"I think we need to talk about this.." Sungmin whispered finally after their kissing. 

"Yeah, we should. Your apartment or mine?" Kyuhyun suggested. Earlier, both of them had exchanged stories that they were living alone in their rented apartment which were a walkable distance from the uni campus, to save transport cost.

"Yours. It's nearer..." Sungmin smile.

Kyuhyun bent down and kissed him briefly, and said "Ok, and after that I send you home".

And so, that was the start of their relationship. They had a heart to heart talk at Kyuhyun's apartment and discovered that they both like each other. And after that evening, they would always find time to be together, studied together, eating together and walked to campus and to their home together. Their favourite meeting place was near Gwanghwamun gate, because when Sungmin has no class, he would wait for Kyuhyun there, and when Sungmin has to sit for exam, Kyuhyun would wait for him there.

Kyuhyun was there for Sungmin's graduation too, and the pair took lots of photos together.

They were supposed to meet a few days before Sungmin started his enlistment, and as usual, Kyuhyun told him that he would wait for him at their spot near Gwanghwamun.

Sungmin was ready to go out to meet Kyuhyun when he had a call from his home in Ilsan.

"Hey Jin, what's up?" Sungmin asked his brother, Sungjin.

"Hyung, halmeoni is very sick and the doctor call all of us to be at her bedside. Omma asked samcheon to fetch you. Can you go down now? He should reach your apartment soon. I text you his car plate number" Sungjin said in a hurry.

"Ohmygod Halmeoni! Okay okay, I pack a few clothings and I'll go down to meet samcheon. Thanks Jin" Sungmin was already running to his bedroom to get his bag. He threw his phone on his bed while quickly grab jeans and tee-shirts. 

"I'll text Kyu in Samcheon's car" Sungmin told himself. He heard a car horn and quickly rushed out and locked his front door. He waved at his Samcheon's car and after greeted him, he got in and they were off. His uncle told him halmeoni's condition and that her condition suddenly turned to the worst only last night. They entered the highway and Sungmin remembered that he was supposed to text Kyuhyun. 

He tried to fish his phone from his pocket but his phone was not there. He felt his jacket's pockets, but his phone was not there either. He took his bag from the backseat and search for his phone, it was no where in sight. 

"Shucks, I must have left it on my bed!!" Sungmin suddenly recalled, and turned to his uncle to borrow his phone. But he couldn't remember Kyuhyun's number. Who would remember phone numbers now that everything can be stored in their phone! He is really in trouble because Kyuhyun would be there waiting for him... 

It has started to drizzle and Sungmin was still not there. Kyuhyun felt odd because Sungmin was never late. He called Sungmin's number but there was no answer. "I'll wait for 10 more minutes, then I'll go to his apartment. Maybe he overslept" Kyuhyun told himself. 

He started be get drenched due to the rain, and cursed himself for not bringing an umbrella. He walked to Sungmin's apartment and pressed the bell, but nobody came to the door. The house seemed to be empty as it was padlocked from outside. He called Sungmin's number and still, no answer too. Worried that they might crossed path, and that Sungmin might be waiting for him at Gwanghwamun, he quickly walked back to Gwanghwamun, in the rain. 

But Sungmin was not there. 

"Where are you, Sungmin...?" Kyuhyun said sadly...

 

- -  End of 1st part  - -