002

Yours and Mine

 

 

Joohyun was waiting for Seulgi at the school gate but it’s been minutes past their meeting time and Seulgi is nowhere to be found. Joohyun knows that Seulgi is aware of how much she hated being late but why is Seulgi late now. 

 

“Unnie!! Unnie!!” somebody shouted from afar.

 

Joohyun turned around. She faced the exit gate and saw Seulgi waving at her enthusiastically from inside a car? 

 

‘What is she doing inside a car? And whose car is that?’ Joohyun thought while walking to the girls direction. 

 

“I’ve been waiting here, Seulgi-yah. You know how much I hate being late.” Joohyun said here hands on her hips. 

 

Seulgi gave her an apologetical smile and Joohyun can’t do anything but smile back. 

 

“Let’s go, unnie. Seungwan is driving us home. Our houses are just along the way so she can just drop us off. Get in, unnie.” Seulgi pointed at the car door telling Joohyun to get in. 

 

But Joohyun didn’t move. She doesn’t want to and Seulgi being so oblivious just can’t get her annoyance at the moment. 

 

“Unnie, I can see that you’re about to say no. Please, unnie. Get in now, please,” Seulgi gave her signature cute pout and who is Joohyun to say no to that?

 

But even before Joohyun can open the door and get in, somebody has already opened that door for her. Seungwan. 

 

“Unnie, let me take you and Seulgi home. It’s along the way so it’s ok,” Seungwan said smiling at her but Joohyun just looked at Seungwan and got inside the car. 

 

The drive was a bit fun? For Seungwan and Seulgi maybe, but for Joohyun, it’s a headache because it’s just another round of how compatible the ‘Soulmates’ are. 

 

Seungwan is aware of how Joohyun has been acting from this morning until the afternoon. She just decided to ignore it for Seulgi’s sake. Whatever it is that Joohyun has on her mind, it’s not her problem but something inside Seungwan wants to talk it out. 

 

So the next time that she saw Joohyun was when she picked Seulgi up, which is the following day. She wasn’t able to talk to the older girl so she waited for the right time. 

 

Lunch came, then as if lady-luck was on her side, Seulgi forgot something and told them that she’ll be back in a jiffy. 

 

“What’s your problem with me?” Seungwan hint irritation can be heard from her tone. Joohyun was shocked because of Seungwan’s bluntness but she didn’t dare show it.

 

Joohyun remained quiet and Seungwan continued. “Please don’t say nothing ‘cause I’m not naive. I saw how you were looking at Seulgi and I yesterday. And it was kind of disturbing that you weren’t even blinking. I’ve been nothing but nice to you, but if you don’t like me that much that you can’t even fake a smile then I don’t like you too,” Seungwan finished with her eyebrow raised. 

 

“Huh! That’s good to hear then. I don’t have any plans of liking you anytime soon.” Joohyun smirked. 

 

“Hey guys! Sorry. I forgot my wallet. So what’s up? What did I miss?” Seulgi asked. 

 

“Well, nothing much, you just missed out on how Joohyun unnie almost ripping off Seungwan unnies head.” Yerim commented while playing on her phone. (Yep! Yerim was there.)

 

“What are you talking about, Yerim-ah? They are totally fine.” Seulgi whispered while at looking at the girls who are having a stare down. 

 

Yerim tapped on Seulgi’s cheek playfully. “Aigoo, if you weren’t this cute, I would’ve hit your forehead already.”

 

“Yah! Yerim-ah, I’m still older than you!” Seulgi half exclaimed. 

 

“Unnie, there are some people that just don’t get along, you know. It happens. Just be prepared to their snarky comments here and there to each other because I think they’ve come to terms with that.” Yerim explained. 

 

“Wendy unnie?” said a tall girl that is standing behind Seungwan. 

 

All of them looked at the girls direction and Seungwan had to turn her head to see who it is, but from the voice itself there’s definitely no doubt who the girl is. 

 

“Sooyoung-ah…,” Seungwan said in a very sweet voice. She stood up from her seat and faced the said girl. The said girl, Sooyoung, didn’t waste any time and hugged Seungwan. And she hugged her back.

 

From their height difference, Sooyoung can easily wrap Seungwan in her arms. And Seungwan will never complain about Sooyoung's hugs. She likes it. Loves it, even. 

 

“What are you doing here, Sooyoung-ah?” Seungwan asked still hugging the tall girl. 

 

“I transferred here, Unnie. I came by your house this morning so we can go to school together, but Auntie said you already left that you’re meeting some friends.”, Sooyoung leaned back to look at Seungwan but still hugging her in the process. 

 

“Ehem!! Ehem!!”

 

“Are you ok, Seulgi unnie? I told you to eat slowly.” Yerim said as she tapped on Seulgi’s back gently. 

 

“Seungwan-ah!”, Seulgi called out. 

 

“Oh! Yeah.. These are my new found friends, Seulgi and Yerim. And then there’s Joohyun unnie. We’re not friends. No offense.” Seungwan said as she eyed Joohyun. 

 

“None taken. We’re not really friends, anyway,” Joohyun said straight-faced. 

 

Seulgi stood up right away and went to their side to meet Sooyoung. 

 

Sooyoung extended her hand for a shake. “Hi! I’m Sooyung! You can also call me, Joy.”

 

“You’re my Joy.” Seulgi said dreamily as she reached for Sooyoung’s hand. 

 

“Yes, I’m your Joy.”, Sooyoung said and giggled. Seulgi snapped out of her dream like state when she heard that Sooyoung heard what she was thinking of. 

 

Seulgi looked at Seungwan confused. “Yes, you said loud enough for us to hear.” Seungwan said to her now blushing friend. 

 

Seulgi just smiled at Sooyoung and Sooyoung smiled back. They were lost in their own world. 

 

Seulgi took a chair from the next table for Sooyoung to use. She made sure that the chair is placed next to her. But Sooyoung also dragged Seungwan’s chair next to her. 

 

“Would you like me to show you around school, Joy? I can show you around. I’ve been here for the longest time,” Seulgi offered. 

 

Sooyoung looked at Seungwan like asking for permission and Seungwan just nodded. 

 

“Sure. But maybe after lunch, if that’s ok?” Sooyoung asked and Seulgi gave her a thumbs up. “You’re cute. Like a bear,” Sooyoung commented and smiled. Seulgi looked down and fiddled with her fingers bashfully. 

 

That moment, Joohyun was watching Seulgi go all crushing on Seungwan’s friend. It’s Seungwan again! ‘Is she really trying to get Seulgi away from me? Ugh! So irritating!’, Joohyun said to herself and rolled her eyes. 

 

Seungwan was watching too. She was watching her dearest dongsaeng, Sooyoung. At the same time, Seungwan looked away. She’s not as strong as Joohyun to be staring like that. 

 

When Seungwan looked away and went back to eating her lunch, she felt a hand holding hers. It was Sooyoung. She looked at Sooyoung and the girl looked at her asking if she’s ok and she mouthed ‘I’m okay’ and the girl just nodded then rubbed her hand. 

 

As they finished their lunch, Seulgi and Sooyoung went on their little school tour leaving Yerim with Joohyun and Seungwan.

 

“Okay, so I think I’m gonna go too cause Saeron is waiting for me. See you guys after school. Seungwan unnie, your promises?”, Yerim turned to Seungwan with her puppy eyes. 

 

“Yes. Yes. I’ll bring you and Saeron home later. And yes, I’ll bring you brownies tomorrow. Happy?”, Seungwan asked.

 

“Yes! Very!! See you guys later,” Yerim, kissed Seungwan’s cheek knowing that the girl hated it. 

 

Seungwan was about to excuse herself and leave Joohyun, but the girl just said, “I saw that.”

 

“Excuse me? You saw what?”, Seungwan asked confused.

 

“You. How you looked at Sooyoung. I saw that,” Joohyun answered without even looking her away. 

 

“Look, Joohyun, I don’t know what you think you saw, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Seungwan said in an irritated tone she was about to walk away but what Joohyun said next stupefied her. 

 

“You look at her, how I look at Seulgi. You like her, just how I like Seulgi,” Joohyun said in a hushed tone but Seungwan was still able to hear it. 

 

“So what? Now you know that I’m not into Seulgi, you wanna be friends now?”, Seungwan asked amazed.

 

“No. I just want you to know that I know how you feel,” Joohyun professed. After that, Seungwan just walked away and went to her next class with Sooyoung still in mind.

 

Everything went downhill from there. Well, for Seungwan and Joohyun. They didn’t know that, that one afternoon of Seulgi and Sooyoung spending with each other will result in an after school trip to the cafe, a weekend spent watching a movie, and eating out with just the two of them. All because Seulgi wanted to show Sooyoung around. 

 

Sooyoung would tell Seungwan about it and ask her if she wanted to join. She would, she always does. Which left her of being the third wheel for quite a few times. Why? Because the other times that she’s third wheeling with them, Joohyun is there too. 

 

She’s annoyed and a bit happy at the same time because now, she doesn’t have to suffer from the sweetness of the two alone. It went like that for a month, sometimes Seulgi would call Yerim and the girl will bring Saeron with her. So it’s like a double date. 

 

After a month of “showing Sooyoung around town” they announced that they have started dating, which Yerim and Saeron knows. Same goes for Seungwan and Joohyun. Like, they’re not dumb. It was pretty painfully obvious. The loving smiles and gazes. 

 

But now that they’re out, it became more unsettling. Too much PDA that it’s nauseating. But Joohyun and Seungwan can only look away and play with their phones whilst Sooyoung and Seulgi are in their own cutie-y little world.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>End of Flashback

 

Weekend passed and the new week in school started. The start of the day was normal. Like their usual. The JoyGi couple being all so sweet and clingy to each other. But like any other day, if there’s a good one, there are also bad ones and it started in the second half of the day. 

 

During lunch, Sooyoung was not at their usual table when Seungwan and Seulgi arrived. And everyone can clearly see the distaste in Seulgi’s face. She’s not happy. 

 

“Seulgi-yah, where’s Sooyoung?” Seulgi just shrugged and went straight to their table. 

 

As they sat a familiar voice was heard, “Wendy unnie?”, Seungwan doesn’t need to look her way she knows that voice too well. Seungwan stood up and faced that girl. “Sooyoung-ah, come sit with us.” Seungwan said as she grabbed the girls hand and guided her to the empty chair near Seulgi. 

 

Seulgi side-eyed Sooyoung and the latter did the same. “No, unnie. Can you come with me instead? I’m sorry, guys, Can I borrow Wendy unnie?” Sooyung asked her voice about to break. 

 

“Yes please, Sooyoung. Take her away, I need some fresh air,” Joohyun commented. 

 

“Nobody asked you Joohyun,” Seungwan deadpanned.

 

“She just did, . She said ‘guys’,” Joohyun remarked and Seungwan chose not to answer anymore. 

 

Seulgi didn’t even move. She looked at her food like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Seungwan stood up, walked away with Sooyoung and settled in a different table.