006

Yours and Mine

Before Joohyun can even answer cheering was heard from not far behind. Sooyoung and Seulgi with Yerim and Saeron.

 

What shocked them was Sooyoung’s arm on Seulgi’s waist, while Seulgi’s on Sooyoung’s shoulder.

 

They moved away a little and looked at each other confused.

 

“You guys are side hugging each other?!” They asked Sooyoung and Seulgi, and the two just smiled. Sooyoung gave Seulgi a quick kiss on the cheek which made the older girl blush. 

 

JoyGi is back to their clingy self.

 

Sooyoung lets go of Seulgi’s waist and linked her arms to the latter then intertwined their hands. 

 

“Actually.. We never fought.. I wanted to say sorry for setting you guys up, but I think you owe Seulgi and I an apology for conspiring to break us up?” Sooyoung asked brows raised.

 

Joohyun and Seungwan looked down. Embarrassed by hearing what they tried to do.

 

“Unnie, I know. Wan-ah, Sooyoung knows. We know. We’re not naive. It’s just that we know so much about what you guys felt for us that we didn’t want to risk what we have.” Seulgi explained.

 

“We’re not mad or angry. Disappointed? Yes. Cause we never expected it from you guys.” Sooyoung voicing out her side.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, I’m sorry. It was selfish of me to think that I’m the one you need so you won’t get hurt or sad. Forgive me?” Seungwan said pouting like a five year old.

 

“Seulgi-yah, I’m sorry too. Like Seungwan, I was selfish. I thought that I was the only one who can understand you. Can you forgive me?” Joohyun said teary eyed.

 

Sooyoung and Seulgi looked at each other and smiled. They approached their friends and hugged them.

 

“Just promise us that you won’t do that again, okay? When you like or love someone, you don’t hold them back, you set them free. Especially when they like or love someone else.” Sooyoung’s wise words.

 

They were having their moment when Joohyun remembered something.

 

“Wait. You said you two never ‘really’ fought, so what was that you two doing these past few days?” 

 

Sooyoung and Seulgi looked at each other then looked at Yerim and Saeron that are grinning back at them. Saeron pointed a finger at Yerim while smiling.

 

“Care to explain, Yerim-ah?” Joohyun asked with her left brow raised.

 

“Why don’t we go back to the start, shall we?” Yerim asked wiggling her eyebrows.

 

“This is gonna be a pretty fast flashback, I hope, and I’m gonna narrate so bear with me folks.” the four unnies looked at each other confused. Who is Yerim talking to? 

 

>>>>> Start of Flashback

 

Yerim already had an idea of Seungwan and Joohyun are up to, but wasn’t confirmed. But what happens next affirmed her suspicion.

 

Yerim was sitting on their usual table together with Saeron, and with the other two unnies who are obviously into each other but Yerim thinks that irritating each other might be their way of showing their affection for one another.

 

Seungwan and Joohyun are whispering. Close to that but not quite, cause she can still hear what the two are talking about. 

 

“Unnie, can you hear what Seungwan unnie and Joohyun unnie are talking about?”, Saeron asked.

 

“Sshhh.. I’m pretending that I’m not listening..” Yerim still looking busy between talking to Saeron and looking in her phone.

 

Then she heard Seungwan saying something to Joohyun about bringing the volume down cause she might hear them.

 

‘Pfft.. These two.. Do they really think I can’t see through what they’re trying to do. I can even see through their feelings for each other that they don’t see.’ Yerim thought.

 

“You’re right, Yerim unnie.” Saeron said. “Yes, you said that out loud. Well not really loud, but enough for me to hear.” 

 

Yerim then suddenly spoke loud enough for Joohyun and Seungwan to hear. 

 

“I have a plan,” 

 

“And you said she wasn’t listening huh.” Seungwan said to Joohyun sarcastically.

 

(You guys already know what happened. It’s in 003. No need to repeat it here. hehehe.)

 

As Yerim and Saeron left Joohyun and Seungwan on their own. Yerim then sent Seulgi and Sooyoung a message at lightning speed.

~~~~~

Operation : Seung - Hyun GC

 

YR : We need to meet up after school later

Sootan : What is this new group chat? Seung - Hyun?

YR : No more questions. It’s just four of us here. Seungwan unnie and Joohyun unnie are not added. Now do you get the name of the Gc?

Sootan : I’m a genius for a reason.

YR : Whatever

Saeron : Hi unnies!

Sootan : Hi Saeronnie! If you leave Yerim one day I will definitely understand. :*

Saeron : LOL

YR : Shut up, Sooyoung unnie! Where’s your girlfriend of a bear?

Sootan : Do you really wanna know? *wink*

YR : Eeeeww!! No!!!

Ddeulgi : I’m here! What’s up?

YR : After school, at your place. Okay?

Ddeulgi : Sure! I’ll just tell Wan-ah.

YR : NO! They can’t know. It’s just the four of us. Arrgh! Sometimes I really feel like I’m the only one who has brains in this group. And Saeronnie, of course. 

Ddeulgi : Ok. I won’t tell Wan. Later! :)

Sootan : Later.

YR : *thumbs up*

 

~~~~~

 

Later that afternoon, they were dropped off by Seungwan like usual. Then they met up at Seulgi’s place.

 

Now four of them are at Seulgi’s room as per Yerim’s instructions.

 

“Spill it.” Sooyoung said while sitting in between Seulgi’s legs and leaning on Seulgi as the couple seats on the bean bag big enough for the two of them.

 

“Seungwan unnie and Joohyun unnie are together now.” Yerim said as she sat on the floor leaning Seulgi’s bed, beside Saeron.

 

“Really? Isn’t that good news?” Seulgi asked shocked. Sooyoung nodded.

 

“Well, it is if they’re not doing it to break the two of you up.” Yerim said nonchalantly.

 

“What do you mean?” Sooyoung asked confused, her brows furrowed.

 

Yerim puts down her phone and looked at Saeron knowingly.

 

“Look. Sooyoung unnie, I don’t know about you but with Seulgi unnie she definitely knows what I’m talking about.”

 

Yerim looked at Seulgi one brow raised. Seulgi looked down played with the tips of Sooyoung’s hair.

 

“Babe, what is Yerim talking about?” Sooyoung faced Seulgi.

 

“Well, I kinda had a feeling that Joohyun unnie has feelings for me before Seungwan and you came.”

 

“And you Sooyoung unnie with Seungwan unnie?” Yerim looked at Sooyoung. 

 

“Well… I..” Sooyoung looked away.

 

“So, I think that’s a yes then?” Sooyoung just nodded quickly.

 

“I already know Seulgi unnie’s reason. But you Sooyoung unnie, may I know why you chose not to reciprocate Seungwan unnies feelings?”

 

“Okay. I knew about it. I’m not blind, but she never said anything. It’s not that if she confessed that I'll say yes, I prayed that she won’t actually. I just don’t.. You know.. See her in that light.. And during those times, what Seungwan unnie felt for me is new to her. I had a feeling that she just got overwhelmed. I mean, it’s me, who wouldn’t?” Sooyoung finished with a smirk.

 

Yerim rolled her eyes and waved off her hand at Sooyoung dismissively. “Yeah. Whatever.”

 

Sooyoung looked at Seulgi pouting and with puppy eyes. Seulgi smiled at Sooyoung pinched both Sooyoung cheeks. “Aigoo.. Who wouldn’t fall for my beautiful princess?..” Sooyoung beamed and Seulgi kissed the tip of Sooyoung’s nose.

 

“Okay. Enough of that. Basically, you have almost the same reason except that Seulgi unnie is not self absorbed.” Yerim was met by a flying pillow because of her last remark but was able to dodge it fast and stuck out her tongue at Sooyoung. Seulgi just giggled.

 

“Anyways, we’re here because I planned to help them break you two up.”

 

Seulgi and Sooyoung looked at Yerim stupefied.

 

“I know. I know. I’m a genius.” Yerim said looking so proud of herself from what she just said.

 

“Wait.” Sooyoung raised her hand. “Did I hear you right? You’re helping them to break me and Seulgi unnie apart? Where’s the genius in that?”

 

“Tsk tsk Sooyoung unnie.” Yerim shook her head unimpressed.

 

“Listen. I volunteered to help them out so that we..”  Yerim pointed at the four of them, “.. can plan how we can get them together.”

 

“They’re just saying that they like you two but if you look closely, Seulgi unnie remember the time that you introduced Seungwan unnie to Joohyun unnie?” Seulgi nodded.

 

“Seungwan unnie looked like she choked on something her face was so red. And I wasn’t even sitting at the same table as you are during that time.”

 

“What you didn’t notice was how Joohyun unnie looked like when she first saw Seungwan unnie. There was this spark in her eyes, but after Seulgi introduced Seungwan unnie to Joohyun unnie, her eyes turned cold. What is that you told Joohyun unnie then?” Yerim asked Seulgi.

 

“That Seungwan is my soulmate.” Seulgi said as a matter of factly.

 

Yerim face palmed and Sooyoung just pinched her girlfriend’s cheek.

 

“And my suspicion was right. You really said that. Now we know why she got mad. It’s not that because of her strong feelings for you, because she felt like she was being replaced as your best friend.” Yerim huffed.

 

“Okay, we’re already done with that. Now, back to reality. The two are going out tonight. Seungwan unnie is gonna bring Joohyun unnie to the park by the river, but Joohyun unnie doesn’t know it. It’s part of their ‘getting to know each other’ plan. They will act like they’re dating in front of you guys then they will fake fight and make the two of you pick a side. Something like that.”

 

Seulgi and Sooyoung listened intently. 

 

“But, we’re going to counter attack that. I will advise them in every step of the way on their ‘fake relationship’. From when they should let us know that they are already dating and how long before they should start their fight.”

 

Yerim continued. “And our counter attack will go like this..” Yerim explained what they’re going to do. The couple dates that they will do. The timing of Sooyoung’s clinginess. The fake fight between Sooyoung and Seulgi’s. They planned it all out.

 

“Okay. Now that all is ironed out. Let’s check if Joohyun unnie already left her house.”

 

The four went out of Seulgi’s house and hopped inside Sooyoung’s car. Thank goodness for the tint that when Joohyun passed by Seulgi’s house, walking dangerously close to Sooyoung’s car, they were not seen from inside.

 

“Go Sooyoung unnie! Follow that girl!” Yerim pointed at Joohyun unnie walking still not so far away from them.

 

“We need to wait a bit more, Yerim! She’ll notice we’re following her. You know how sharp Joohyun unnie can be.” Seulgi answered from the passenger side. 

 

When Joohyun is already at a safe distance, Sooyoung started the car and followed suit. She made sure that she’s far enough not to alarm the girl in front.

 

When they saw Joohyun is already at the bus stop, Sooyoung drove past and made a u-turn so that they will be at the opposite side of the road.

 

After a minute, Seungwan arrived. They watched how Seungwan hurriedly went out of the driver’s seat and opened the passenger’s side for Joohyun. 

 

They saw the glitter in Joohyun’s eyes. It was a split second but it was there. The small hint of smile trying to break free from Joohyuns lips, but was gone in a flash when Seungwan turned to Joohyun.

 

Seungwan ran back to the driver side and drove off. Sooyoung made another u-turn and followed Seungwan’s car.

 

They watched as Seungwan stopped at a nearby cafe and got out of the car alone and bought food in a hurry. 

 

“Our Heungdy is doing great! We’re not gonna sweat on this one! I can already hear wedding bells!” Yerim exclaimed and laughed menacingly.

 

And the other three inside the car just laughed.

 

Again, they followed where Seungwan’s car until it arrived at its destination. They watched as Seungwan, again, opened the door for Joohyun got the food from Joohyun’s hands and helped the girl out of the car.

 

“Another score for Son Seungwan! Our MVP! Ahahahahahaha!!” Yerim cannot contain her happiness seeing that their plan is moving smoothly.

 

After a few minutes, decided that they’ve watched enough, they agreed to go back to Seulgi’s place to eat dinner.

 

As they finished eating, Yerim called Joohyun’s phone to get an update.

 

Yerim video called and Joohyun answered. They talked about Seungwan and Joohyun’s mini progress. 

 

When Seungwan mentioned about them holding hands, people from Yerim’s side started squealing. Joohyun curious, asked who it was, Saeron was quick to answer that it was her.

 

Yerim was thankful enough that Joohyun quickly believed Saeron. Then they said their goodbyes, but before that Yerim reminded Seungwan and Joohyun that they still need to meet each other tomorrow so that their progress will be continuous.

 

When the call ended, they waited for a few minutes and looked out Seulgi’s house and waited for Seungwan’s car to pass by, and it did.

 

The four jumped in glee like they won a game or something. Indeed, their Seung-Hyun ship is sailing and Captain Son is not a disappointment.

 

They all watched from afar as Seungwan and Joohyun exchanged words by Joohyun’s gate. They felt like their watching some romance drama that they can’t help but feel giddy at what they’re seeing.

 

The two main actresses who loathe each other but unknown to their own feelings, they’re actually falling fast to one another.

 

They watched how Seungwan waited for Joohyun to get inside the house before leaving. Yerim clapped in slow motion then they hugged each other like it a movie that is sure to be a blockbuster hit just ended.

 

After a few minutes, Yerim called Joohyun to plan things for the next day. Yerim found out from Sooyoung that Seungwan doesn’t live her parents, but she’s not really alone.

 

Sooyoung told them that even though Seungwan is such an entertainer, she is actually a home body so they planned to tell Joohyun ask Seungwan to just stay at Seungwan’s place instead of going someplace else. Because in the privacy of Seungwan’s room they can be more comfortable with each other.

 

Yerim was shocked that Joohyun wasn’t really hard to convince. The older girl had some thoughts at first, but then listened and agreed to what Yerim said. Then they put the call down.

 

“That’s day 1, guys. We still have day 2 and of course the finale.” Yerim looked at Seulgi and said. “Seulgi we’re having a sleepover.” Seulgi just nodded.

 

“Tomorrow is another day for our ship to set sail!! For team Seung-Hyun!” Yerim shouted. 

 

And the three answered in unison, “For team Seung-Hyun!!”

 

The following day, they again waited for Joohyun to get out of the house to meet with Seungwan by the bus station. What they didn’t expect is to see a familiar car stopping in front of Joohyun’s house and a small familiar figure coming out of the driver seat then waited by the passenger’s seat side.

 

The four looked at each other in disbelief but happy. Seungwan maybe oblivious to things but her being so gentlewomanly is on a different level.

 

“She was not even like that to me.” Sooyoung commented.

 

“Which is why I’m totally confident that OUR plan will work.” Yerim said with a smirk.

 

“Guys! Look! Look at Joohyun unnie! She’s so flustered. Seungwan is definitely getting it.” Seulgi said enthusiastically. Saying the last words in a sing-song voice.

 

“Sooyoung unnie, does Seulgi unnie even know what ‘getting it’ means?” Yerim asked Sooyoung in a bored tone.

 

“Let her have her happiness. I’ll just explain it to her later.” Sooyoung waved Yerim off and continued watching.

 

After a few minutes, Seungwan’s car drove off with Joohyun in the passenger seat.

 

Yerim and the gang let that day pass without calling Joohyun nor Seungwan for any updates. They waited for Monday to come and it did.

 

In that whole week, they noticed the changes in Seungwan and Joohyun. They’re not so tensed at each other like before. They would see the two look at each other and just smile. It’s a small smile, but still, it’s one. 

 

After a week, Yerim talked to Seungwan and Joohyun that it’s time to break the news to Sooyoung and Seulgi that they started dating. And they did, just like what Yerim said.

 

And like what Yerim with Saeron, Seulgi, and Sooyoung planned, Sooyoung started to be clingy week after week. Asking for more attention from Seungwan.

 

But what caught the gangs attention is how Joohyun would sit beside Seungwan most of the time. Especially the times when Sooyoung gets all touchy.

 

What made the gang more giddy is that when Seungwan would move away abit from Sooyoung and move closer to Joohyun. Seungwan would then smile look at Joohyun and smile.

 

They all wanted to jump and celebrate but it’s still too early, they still haven’t reached the of the story yet. 

 

Then one day, they decided that it’s time. Seulgi got a message from Joohyun asking if she’s ever jealous of her girlfriends antics towards Seungwan but Seulgi said no and asked Joohyun instead if she was jealous. Joohyun didn’t answer.

 

Seulgi and Sooyoung then came to lunch looking like they’re having a big argument. They were talking far from their table so that Seungwan and Joohyun won’t hear. Then Yerim is with Seungwan and Joohyun to tell the two that Seulgi and Sooyoung is having an argument.

 

But what’s really happening is, “Are they looking here?” Sooyoung asked but looking like she’s so mad at Seulgi.

 

“Yes they are.” You’re doing good, babe. Look more frustrated.” Seulgi said looking like she’s trying to explain something and calming Sooyoung down.

 

“Is this enough?” Sooyoung said as she pushed Seulgi’s hands away from her.

 

“Yes, babe. You’re totally awesome!” Seulgi answered while pinched the bridge of her nose with her right hand and her left hand on her waist.

 

Sooyoung went to their usual table, Seulgi at tow. Sooyoung suddenly grabbed Seungwan and borrowed her from Joohyun. 

 

As Sooyoung dragged Seungwan away from Joohyun, Seungwan looked at Joohyun and the older girl just nodded. While this was happening Seulgi looked at Yerim and held a thumbs up that is away from Joohyun’s eyes.

 

>>>>>> End of Flashback

 

“And then I told you guys that it’s your chance to go out with them because they’re fighting.. Blah blah.. You get where I’m going right?” Yerim said as she finished her mini storytelling.

 

“Even this ‘you go out with her’ then ‘she goes out with her’ is all planned out.” Yerim continued. “And that’s what all it took so that two of you will be able to realize that you two like each other all along.”

 

Seungwan and Joohyun looked at each other then to Yerim. 

 

“You two never hated each other. I mean, Joohyun unnie why are you still so mad as Seungwan unnie even when Sooyoung unnie and Seulgi unnie are already together? Shouldn’t you be mad at Sooyoung unnie instead?”

 

“And Seungwan unnie is just mad at Joohyun unnie because Joohyun unnie is mad at Seungwan unnie...." Yerim concluded. "So what do you guys think?” Yerim asked them, brows raised.

 

Embarrassed that their youngest seemed to be the mature one in the group, Seungwan and Joohyun can’t help but look down at their feet and apologize for the umpteenth time. 

 

“It’s all good unnies.” Sooyoung said with a loving smile.  

 

“But I believe Seungwan has question for Joohyun unnie that’s waiting to be answered?” Seulgi then asked with a smile.

 

“You do what you two got to do. We’ll be waiting for you guys inside.” Yerim said as she pulled Saeron with her back to the restaurant.

 

Sooyoung held onto Seulgi’s arm and followed the younger couple inside the restaurant. 

 

Left alone with Joohyun, Seungwan scratch her nape blushing.

 

“So.. umm.. My question awhile ago.. W-would you~~”.. Before Seungwan can finish what she's saying, Joohyun and Seungwan heard someone shouting.

 

“Go Wan-ah! Go get it!!” Seulgi was shouting from afar then Sooyoung immediately covered her girlfriends mouth with her hand.

 

Sooyoung then shouted. “Joohyun unnie!! If they are soulmates like they say they are, you know what to do!!” Then winked at Joohyun. Knowing Seulgi for how many years, Joohyun definitely knows what to do. At that Joohyun grinned.

 

Seungwan looked at Joohyun and said, “What does Sooyoung mean by ‘you know wha~~”

 

Seungwan wasn’t able to finish what she’s saying when Joohyun grabbed her by the collar and pulled her into lip locking kiss.

 

When they pulled away, their foreheads leaning on each other. Smiles plastered on their faces. Then Joohyun said, “Yes. I will go on a date with you. You're mine, stupid!”

 

“Well, I’m your stupid and you're mine, Irene.” Seungwan said back and gave Joohyun's lips another quick kiss.