005

Yours and Mine

Their getting to know plan went well. Monday came, at their lunch table, the two seems friendlier to each other which wasn’t unnoticed by Seulgi and Sooyoung.

 

“Waaaahh.. You two are doing well.. May we know why the sudden change of heart?” Seulgi asked wiggling her eyebrows at the two.

 

Joohyun and Seungwan looked at each other and smiled. “None. We’re not really fighting about anything. I think we just like bickering with each other.” Joohyun said and looked at Seungwan, and the younger girl just nodded. 

 

The week passed their plan going silky smooth that when you look at Joohyun and Seungwan they don’t look like they’re acting to be ok like they are really ok. 

 

The following week, four of the girls, Joohyun, Seungwan, and Yerim with Saeron are at their usual table at the cafeteria.

 

They are quietly waiting for Sooyoung and Seulgi to comeback from buying their lunch. 

 

While Joohyun and Seungwan are busy with their phones Yerim and Saeron are busy with each other. Then Yerim suddenly spoke.

 

“So.. Are we still on? You know.. Break the two up?” Yerim asked looking at the two.

 

Joohyun and Seungwan looked at each other and were mum for a few seconds. Yerim smirked. “What? Contemplating?” Yerim asked teasingly.

 

“No! No! Of course not. We’re still on.” Joohyun and Seungwan answered hurriedly. 

 

“Ok. Ok. No need to be rushed about it unnies. A week has passed, I think they are convinced enough that the two of you are getting along really well. Heck, even Saeron and I are totally convinced.” Yerim and Saeron snickered.

 

“When the two comes back, you need to tell them that the two of you started to date. Got it?” Yerim continued.

 

The two older girls nodded. And that’s what they did. Seulgi and Sooyoung can’t be happier that they are already planning their double dates and trips. That it’s gonna be so much fun. 

 

Yerim then looked at Joohyun and Seungwan, and gave them a thumbs up secretly. The first week of them being a couple was a bliss. The six sometimes four of them going out after school going to a cafe or just hanging out at Seungwan’s place. 

 

The two weeks that followed was no different. Seungwan and Joohyun would still bicker every now and then but it’s more like to tease, not fight. Joohyun always finds Seungwan’s jokes funny, but now she shows it. She laughs her heart out. 

 

At the end of the week, Yerim will always remind them that they’re doing great. That Seulgi and Sooyoung are totally convinced that the two are dating.

 

Yerim calls them WenRene now. That one time Seungwan slipped and called Joohyun - Irene. When they asked Seungwan why, she said that Joohyun looks like a Goddess of peace because the girl has this calming effect.

 

Everybody acted like they’re vomiting because of how cheesy Seungwan is, but Joohyun smiled and she said she likes it. 

 

The fourth week seemed a little bit different because Sooyoung started to become clingy to Seungwan. Not that Seulgi doesn’t care, she says that she trusts Sooyoung.

 

But when Joohyun and Seungwan started to “date” Sooyoung would move beside Seungwan and cling to the girls arms, saying that she misses her best friend.

 

Joohyun would ignore it, of course, like, pfft, why would she be angry they are not really dating. It’s all part of the plan. Right?

 

Why? Sooyoung can cling all she wants! And why is her own best friend not even bothered by all the clinginess that her supposedly girlfriend to her Seungwan. She meant to her fake girlfriend. She thought. 

 

It’s been a week and Sooyoung’s touchiness and clinginess didn’t even dropped down a notch. It even worsen. Seulgi would stop her every now and then and act all jealous, but then she would see Sooyoung glance at Seungwans way then to her, and would wink playfully. 

 

Before lunch break, Joohyun sent Seulgi a message.

 

Joohyun unnie: Seul

Gomseul: eung unnie..

Joohyun unnie: Are you ok with that? Sooyoung being like that to Seungwan?

Gomseul: Yes unnie. I trust Sooyoung. We’ve been together for how many months now. And it’s Seungwan, no need to be jealous about. Why unnie?

Joohyun unnie: Nothing.. I mean.. You’re not jealous really?

Gomseul: Not really. Are you unnie?

Joohyun unnie: I don’t know.

Gomseul: Don’t worry unnie, I’ll talk to Sooyoung about it. 

 

Lunch time, Sooyoung and Seulgi were talking, but more like discussing something from not so far away. They can’t hear anything, all they can see are their hand gestures and facial expressions. 

 

“It’s not looking good.” Yerim commented while looking at Joygi.

 

“It’s my fault. “Joohyun said guiltily. 

“Why?” Seungwan asked concerned. 

 

“I messaged Seulgi a while ago and asked if she’s ok with Sooyoung getting clingy to you. If she’s not jealous about it…”

 

“What did Seulgi say?

 

“She said it’s you so there’s nothing to be jealous about, then she asked if I was jealous.”

 

Seungwan looked at Joohyun. “Are you?”

 

Joohyun looked at Seungwan too, “I….”, she was about to say something when Sooyoung suddenly grabbed Seungwan’s wrist. 

 

“Joohyun unnie, can I borrow Seungwan unnie for a while? I promise I’ll bring her back. I don’t want to be around someone who won’t even admit to her feelings and use other people just to cover it.” Sooyoung said while side eyeing Seulgi. 

 

“I told you already Sooyoung, I’m not jealous. I just want you to lessen the way you cling to Seungwan not totally stop it because Joohyun unnie and Seungwan are dating now. We should think of Joohyun unnie too. She might be jealous or something. Right unnie?” Seulgi said. 

 

Joohyun looked shocked. She can’t say anything she just looked at Seulgi then to Sooyoung. 

 

“Whatever Seul. Don’t give me those alibis. I know you. How hard is it to admit that you’re jealous too? Is it gonna be too much for your “image” to admit it? Don’t talk to me Seul until you realize that your jealous too.”

 

Then Sooyoung looked at Joohyun, “Unnie, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry but can I borrow Seungwan unnie. I’ll give her back to you later.” Then the two walked away. 

 

“What “image” are you talking about? Sooyoung-ah!! Sooyoung-ah!!”, Seulgi called after Sooyoung but the girl won’t look her way.

 

Seungwan looked at Joohyun as she was being dragged by her best friend, and Joohyun just gave her a nod. 

 

“Sooyoung-ah, wait.” Seungwan pulled Sooyoung to stop when they are already far enough from their group. Sooyoung halted then turned to face Seungwan. 

 

“Sooyoung-ah, maybe Seulgi is telling the truth. I mean, she may not really be jealous of me.”

 

“Unnie, I know her. Maybe she can’t see it, but I know she can feel it. I just want her to let it out. I want her to be vocal about it. I don’t want that when the time comes she’ll just explode all of a sudden because she bottled it all up.”

 

Seungwan listened. Sooyoung has a point. It’s not that she’s trying to start a fight, she just wants Seulgi to open up.

 

“I’m not trying to put a crack in your friendship with Seulgi unnie. I’m not trying to make her hate you, I just want her to see that it’s ok to be jealous sometimes. And I just want her to be more possessive of me, like how Joohyun unnie is to you.”

 

“W-what? P-possessive who? J-joohyun what?”, Seungwan stuttered trying to comprehend what just Sooyoung said. The younger girl rolled her eyes.

 

“You and Seulgi unnie are indeed friends. I was not even surprised, for one bit, how you two get along so well.”

 

Thinking about it now, Seungwan remembered the times when Sooyoung is getting too much that the girl immediately stood up and walked to a pouting Seulgi and just start being sweet and stuff. 

 

Those are the times that she would suddenly feel a hand on her knee and when she looks at it she will see Joohyun already sitting beside her. She doesn’t understand why Joohyun would sometimes act like that, but when she does Seungwan will hold Joohyuns hand and interlace their fingers. Then Seungwan will see a faint smile on Joohyuns lips. 

 

“How long is this gonna last, Sooyoung-ah? You know Seulgi can be a bit oblivious.”

 

“But not to her feelings, Unnie. Tell me, how hard is it to admit what you’re feeling to somebody you’re feeling it to?”

 

“Well.. I.. ahhh…”, Seungwan looking up at nothing trying so hard to think of an answer.

 

Sooyoung huffed frustratingly and knocked Seungwan on the head.”Yah!! That hurts! What was that for?” Seungwan said as she rubbed her crown.

 

“You two are indeed friends. I don’t even know where to begin. I pity Joohyun unnie.”

 

“Why will you pity Joohyun unnie?”

 

“Nothing Seungwan unnie.. Nothing..” Sooyoung breathed out. “Go to your room now. Classes will start in a few. I’ll just see you after school.”, then Sooyoung waved goodbye.

 

At their homeroom, Seungwan and Seulgi were seated together. Barely talking. It’s not that they’re also fighting, but Seulgi looks really sad.

 

“Seulgi-yah, are you ok?”

 

“I try to be Wan-ah. It’s not that we’ve broken up, we’re just arguing over something.”

 

“And do you know what that ‘thing’ is?”

 

“I think I have an idea…”

 

“Well… Are you? Jealous?”

 

“I don’t know. I know I’m not. Why should I be jealous, Wan-ah?”

 

“I’m not sure too. It’s just that, Sooyoung said that she sees it. Don’t you feel it? Like when she’s being clingy with me?”

 

Seulgi rubbed her chin thinking, then looked at Seungwan. “You’re my Wan-ah, why should I be jealous of you?” Seulgi smiled at Seungwan, and Seungwan returned the gesture. 

 

“Wan-ah?”

 

“Eung? Seulgi-yah?”

 

“I think Joohyun unnie is.. You know.. Jealous..”

 

“What are you talking about? That’s impossible.. You’re just like Sooyoung, saying Joohyunnie is jealous.”

 

“Isn’t she? really?”

 

“She’s not Seulgi-yah..” then Seungwan remembers a time when Joohyun is looking at her like she’s going to kill her. Remembering made Seungwan shiver again. 

 

*Ding*

 

Baechu : Meet me after school

 

Ok

 

Seungwan replied to Joohyun and drifted back to Seulgi and Sooyoung. 

 

Seungwan thought Sooyoung has a point, but how she did it is not right. What if Seulgi is not Seulgi, the girl will be strangling her now for all she knows. Seungwan needs to talk to Sooyoung about this. That Seulgi may not be as vocal for what she feels, it’s still wrong to do such a thing to draw those feelings or words out. 

 

When the day ended, they all still went home together but the silence is deafening. There was no teasing, laughing, or singing. 

 

Seungwan dropped them off like she would usually do. When she dropped off Joohyun and Seulgi, Sooyoung didn’t even bother to look at Seulgi, who was sitting beside her, and just waved goodbye at Joohyun from the back seat. 

 

Before Joohyun can get out of the Seungwan said, “See you tomorrow?” then smiled.

 

Joohyun looked her way, smiled and answered, “Yes, tomorrow.”

 

“Tomorrow, Seulgi-yah!”

“Tomorrow, Wan-ah!” Seulgi waved goodbye to Seungwan and gave a Sooyoung a glance.

 

When Joohyun and Seulgi is already far enough Sooyoung transferred in the passenger seat. Then Seungwan started driving away. 

 

“Sooyoung-ah.. I get what you’re trying to achieve..” Seungwan said.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“I mean.. I know you want Seulgi to be vocal, but I think how you’re doing it is wrong.”

 

“.....”

 

“Just think about it.. What if Seulgi is not Seulgi. She’ll be choking me to death right now.”

 

Sooyoung remained silent. She knew she was wrong but she can’t give in that easily. Or maybe she can, but she won’t. At least not yet. 

 

“Think about it Sooyoung-ah. You love Seulgi, right? You don’t want this fight to drag on. It’s not healthy.” Seungwan continued and Sooyoung just nodded. Seungwan smiled she’s happy to see that Sooyoung listens to her. 

 

Seungwan dropped Sooyoung off and waved goodbye.

 

She stopped by her place for a while and drove to Joohyuns place like what Joohyun messaged her. 

 

I’m here now. Outside your place.

 

Baechu : Ok. Wait for me there.

 

As Joohyun came out, Seungwan automatically opens the door of the passenger’s seat and let Joohyun in. 

 

They drove to a nearby cafe. Seungwan insisted on ordering for Joohyun while the older girl is seated. 

 

When Seungwan returned, Joohyun spoke up. “Have you talked to Sooyoung?”

 

“Yes, I did.”

 

“And?”

 

“Ummm.. I told her that I understand what she’s trying to do, but she’s doing it in a wrong way?

 

“That’s it? Nothing else?” Joohyun asked looking at Seungwan with her eyebrows raised as if waiting for Seungwan to say more.

 

Seungwan looked up, to the left, and to the right. Thinking if she forgot anything. “Yup! I think that’s about it.” she said.

 

“You didn’t even tell her that what if we were really dating? What would I feel? How would I react? What’s gonna happen to us? That we might end up fighting.” Joohyun bombarded Seungwan with questions. 

 

Seungwan looked at her confused. “But we’re not really dating, Hyunnie.”

 

Joohyun exhaled exasperatedly. “What if we are, Seungwan? What if? Would you let me get hurt?”

 

Seungwan just looked at Joohyun. ‘What if we are?’ she thought. Seungwan didn’t answer.

 

Joohyun looked at her wrist watch and stood up. “It’s getting late. I need to go.”

 

“I’ll bring you home.” Seungwan stood up and followed Joohyun who exited the cafe. Seungwan hurriedly opened the passenger’s seat door for Joohyun and let her in. 

 

Seungwan then drove back to Joohyuns place and dropped the older girl off. Joohyun just said a small bye before getting out of the car and went inside her house not even giving Seungwan a single glance. 

 

Seungwan pouted. ‘What did she do?’ she doesn’t know. Seungwan started to drive off and went home. 

 

The following day was not any different. Things are a bit awkward. One moment they will be laughing then Sooyoung and Seulgi will catch each others eyes then they’ll look away and will be quiet.

 

It also doesn’t help that Joohyun looks angry at Seungwan and the younger girl doesn’t even know why. 

 

It’s been a few days, and nothing has changed. It’s painful to see Sooyung and Seulgi stealing glances at each other lovingly when the other is not looking, then they’re not doing anything about it. 

 

Like any other day, Seungwan dropped everybody off and once she’s home her phone rang.

 

Yerim-ah, what?

YR : You might want to move your phone away from your ear, Unnie. It’s a video call.

Sorry.. Hyunnie?

YR : Yup! Joohyun unnie is here too! So the three of us can talk.

Baechu : What is it Yerim?

YR : Well.. Now that JoyGi is on the rocks.. Don’t you think this is the right time wiggle your way to their lives?

Baechu : ……

Well… Ummm...

YR : What unnies? Changing your minds? Or having a change of heart?

It’s almost the weekend. Why don’t you guys try taking them out?

Joohyun unnie with Seulgi unnie. Seungwan unnie with Sooyoung unnie. But! Not the four of you together.

Just like what I mentioned. SeulRene. WenJoy. Think about it.

Baechu : We’ll think about it. Talk about it.

Yeah. We’ll talk about it.

YR : Okay, unnies. See you tomorrow. Bye!!

Baechu : Bye

Bye, Yerimss

Baechu : So? 

So?.. You want to do what Yerim said?

Baechu : This is what we planned for right?

Yes, but are you sure you want to go through with it?

Baechu : Like you said, we’re not really dating so I don’t see why. 

(Joohyuns voice was so cold that Seungwan can feel chills)

Umm.. Ok..

Baechu : Ok

Irene?

Baechu : Yes?

Umm… Goodnight.. 

(she said while scratching her nape)

Baechu : ……

(Seungwan thinks she saw a smile, but then again she might be wrong.)

 

Joohyun just looked at her phone and turned off the call. 

 

Like as planned Joohyun went out with Seulgi and Seungwan went out with Sooyoung. What wasn’t planned is when the four bumped into each other after on their way to a cafe.

 

They had no other choice but to share a table since they are all there. Joohyun was sitting across Seungwan, then Seulgi sitting across Sooyoung. 

 

The waiter handed them the menu. One for each couple. Seulgi and Joohyun had to share in one. Same with Seungwan and Sooyoung. 

 

While Seulgi and Joohyun are taking turns to look at the menu, Sooyoung moved closer to Seungwan to look at the menu at the same time as Seungwan. 

 

Sooyoung leaned closer to Seungwan that her chin is already resting on Seungwan’s shoulder.

 

Joohyun tried to ignore the two, but the giggling behind the menu is getting on her nerves. Joohyun stood up abruptly which got Seungwan and the others attention. Joohyun stared at Seungwan with so much fire in her eyes that Seungwan automatically got up from her seat and followed Joohyun wherever she’s going which is outside the cafe.

 

Joohyun walked a few feet away from the cafe so that whatever she’ll do or say right now no one will see or hear. 

 

When Joohyun felt that she found a good spot she made a full stop that Seungwan almost bumped her from behind. 

 

“Hyunnie.. W~~”

 

“Are you asking me what’s wrong Seungwan-ah?! Are you really?! Oh my god!! How can you be so sensitive and be so dense at the same time?! Are you like ing kidding me?!” Joohyun asked enraged. 

 

“I do~~”

 

“Are you really going to tell me that you don’t know what I’m talking about?! Really Seungwan?!”

 

Seungwan was speechless. Not really. She wants to say something, but Joohyun cuts her off. She understands that Joohyun is angry, that Joohyun is mad, that Joohyun is jealous? Seungwan knows. But she doesn’t want to assume anything so she lets Joohyun get her anger out first and then she’ll talk. But then she remembered what Sooyoung told her a while ago. That the only way to shut a girl up is to kiss her. Well, that is if you’re together. If not, that’s a different scenario.

 

“What?! Seungwan-ah! Are you just gonna look at me?! Are you not really gonna say anything?! Are you just gonna leave me like this?!” Joohyun said about to burst into tears.

 

Joohyun pinched the bridge of her nose and was about to go off at Seungwan again, but this time Seungwan stopped her. 

 

Seungwan grabbed on Joohyuns wrist and pulled the older girl to her. Seungwan’s free hand caught Joohyun’s nape tenderly and guided Joohyuns face to hers. 

 

Seungwan closed their distance. She crashed her lips on Joohyuns, but just enough not to hurt Joohyun. 

 

Joohyun stood frozen. She was only able to recover after a few seconds. 

 

Now, Seungwan is standing only a few inches away from her. Looking at her worriedly. 

 

“Seungwan-ah...” was the last thing Joohyun said before Seungwan closed the space between them again. Seungwan hugged her. And it feels warm.

 

Seungwan was about to back up but she felt Joohyuns arms snaking around her neck pulling her closer. Seungwan tightened her arms around Joohyuns waist. 

 

Joohyun closed her eyes and basked in the warmth that Seungwan is giving her. Joohyun moved her head back. Seungwan is smiling at her, fondly.

 

Joohyun closed her eyes and leaned in. She wants to feel that warmth on her lips and she did. Joohyun did. She kissed Seungwans warm smile. And it didn’t disappoint, it warmed her heart. 

 

Seungwan moved back and Joohyun didn’t stop her this time. Seungwan is smiling and so is Joohyun.

 

Seungwan wanted to say something and this is her chance, and she took it.

 

"Let me answer the questions that you bombarded me with."

“No, I wasn’t going to ask ‘Hyunnie what wrong’. I was gonna say ‘Hyunnie will you listen.”

 

“And no, I wasn’t gonna say ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about’, I was about to say ‘I do understand what you’re talking about’. But what Sooyoung did a while ago is not right, I’m going to reprimand her on that.”

 

“No, I’m not gonna let you get hurt and that starts now.”

 

“But we’re not really dating, Seungwan-ah. Remember?” Joohyun asked in a sad voice. 

 

“I know. Which is why I’m asking you now, will you go out on a date with me?”