001

Yours and Mine

It’s lunch break and here they are, their usual group at their usual table. Seulgi arrived with Seungwan and hurriedly ran to their usual table when she saw her girlfriend already sitting there with their friends. 

 

“Hey babe!”, Seulgi - the monolid girl greeted her girlfriend. As soon as she reached the table she cupped her girlfriends face with both her hands, brushed their noses together, placed a soft kiss on her lips, and gave her a sweet smile with her eyes oozing with love.

 

“Hi baby!” her girlfriend, Sooyoung, greeted back. 

 

Seungwan still standing on the side and watching this horrific event unfolding right in front of her, she almost vomited her intestines out.

 

Not far from her is Joohyun, totally poker-faced. But if you watched her carefully you’ll see the slight ticking of her right eyebrow from irritation of the same scene she’s seeing.

 

“Okay! Enough of that you two! Our two old ladies here is about to go berserk of your PDA!”, Yerim commented sitting beside her girlfriend Saeron. 

 

Yep! In their small group all of them are couples. Well. Not all per se. Because Joohyun and Seungwan are not. Or should we say, they will never be. (That’s what both of them said.)

 

“Why can’t the two of you be together? I mean. There’s chemistry if both of you just try to see it.”, Sooyoung said as she leaned on Seulgi who is now sitting beside her with an arm still on her waist. 

 

“Right baby?”, Sooyoung turned her head to Seulgi while looking at her lovingly and one hand caressing the older girls cheek. 

 

“Yes baby..”, Seulgi agreed and smiled, then gave Sooyoung a soft kiss on the forehead. 

 

“Uggghhhh..”, Seungwan breath out exasperatedly. “Please.. Stop it.. The only chemistry that Joohyun unnie and I will have is that we agreed not to kill each other anymore everytime are eyes meet.”

 

“Tch.”, Joohyun huffed, smirked, and rolled her eyes as an answer to Seungwans fun fact.

 

Seungwan looked at Joohyun and gave her an eye roll too.

 

“Ok.. Ok.. enough of that. As long as you guys are not breaking each others necks, we’re happy that you decided to put whatever you guys have on each other aside for Sooyoung and me.” Seulgi said as she faced Joohyun who and held the older girls hand and gave it a light squeeze.

 

Joohyun smiled - a soft smile. A smile that shows how fond she is of Seulgi. 

 

On the other end of the table is Sooyoung holding on to Seungwans hand and caressing it. “You too, Wendy unnie. Thank you.” 

 

Seungwan or also known as Wendy, beamed at Sooyoung - a dongsaeng she truly adores. “Of course, Sooyoung-ah. Anything for you.”

 

*Cough Cough*

 

Yerim acting like she’s trying to clear and Saeron rubbing her back for support. Good actresses indeed. 

 

When the four turned their heads on the younger two, Yerim and Saeron started smiling at each other knowing they somehow succeeded getting their unnies attention. 

 

“I think a block of cheese blocked my throat because of so much cheesiness I’m getting from all of you. Please will you keep it low, my girlfriend is getting traumatized with all you shi..”, Saeron covered Yerim mouth before she can even end the last word.

 

“Don’t say that Yerim unnie. I told you to refrain from saying those words.” Saeron tellin Yerim like a little kid and the older just sighed in defeat and nodded. Well, guess who’s whipped?

 

The girls enjoyed their lunch, sharing stories new and old stories. Laughing here and there, a little sweetness from the couples here and there. 

 

Then Joohyun and Seungwan’s eyes met. They looked away so fast it looked like they’re gonna burn if they look at each other a second more. 

 

Joohyun and Seungwan weren’t always like this. They were strangers to each other before, but it’s not impossible for them to hear or learn about one another. 

 

Joohyun is that beautiful girl everyone is talking about. The ice queen they said, but a cute playful bunny to her close friends. She is not only known for her beauty but also for being a member of the school’s dance troupe. Her and Seulgi, the two best girls in their troupe. Undeniably beautiful and talented.

 

Seungwan - the golden voice of this generation. She was known as the main vocal of their schools choir. An ace student, too. With all that, Seungwan is as humble as she can be. She doesn’t hesitate to embarrass herself just to make her friends laugh and be happy. 

 

How did the two meet? Well.. Let me give you a brief history. Seungwan met Seulgi on the first day of school. They were classmates. They have heard of each other but never really got the chance to know each other, because they’re from different class groups, but this year, they met and they clicked right away. A softie meeting a softie. 

 

The two girls spent time together like they’ve known each other for a long time. After a week, Joohyun and Seungwan met. Seulgi introduced Seungwan to Joohyun and gave the older girl her warmest smile, but was only greeted with a raised eyebrow and a nod. 

 

>>>>>>>>>>Start of Flashback

 

Seulgi ran to Joohyun as soon as she saw her unnie in the cafeteria sitting alone. 

 

Joohyun saw her not so little friend and stood up immediately. She knows that Seulgi will hug her as soon as she reaches her, and Seulgi never disappoints. 

 

Joohyun hugged Seulgi longingly. She just got back from her hometown and was late for a week in coming to school. 

 

Joohyun heard alot about this Seungwan that Seulgi kept talking about on the phone while she was away. It also doesn’t help that Yerim was talking about the same girl. How cute this Seungwan unnie is and how good were the cookies that this girl personally baked just because Seulgi likes cookies. Now that she’s back she can’t wait to meet this girl that caught Seulgi’s attention. 

 

“Unnie! Unnie! You’re back!! I missed you so much, Unnie! Does Yerimmie knows you’re back?” Seulgi hugged her so tight and asked her as Seulgi moved back.

 

Joohyun smiled at Seulgi and fixed the girls stray hair. Seulgi smiled back, making her eyes disappear and Joohyun can’t help but get weak at the sight.

 

“Unnie, there’s someone I’d like you to meet.” Seulgi turned and Joohyun watch her walk away then returning with someone obviously smaller than Seulgi because she can barely see the person behind Seulgi. But Joohyun can clearly see how Seulgi is holding the girls hand as they approached her.

 

“Unnie, this Seungwan, the one that I was telling you about on the phone. My soulmate,” Seulgi said. Joohyun can still hear Seulgi talking but it was muffled. Maybe she’s introducing her to Seungwan cause the next thing she knew she was shaking the girls hand.

 

She smiled, she thinks. She’s not really sure if she did. It was all a blur. 

 

‘Did Seulgi just called this girl her soulmate? For a week of knowing the girl, she calls her her soulmate?’ Joohyun thought to herself as she watched the two girls laughing and joking around with each other right in front of her.

 

What shocked Joohyun more is how touchy Seulgi is with Seungwan. Joohyun knows how uncomfortable Seulgi is when it comes to skinship so she never expected one from Seulgi. Sure, Seulgi will let her link their arms or lets her hug her from time to time, but never did Seulgi made the first move. How many time that she wished Seulgi would. 

 

Now, seeing how Seulgi would lean in to Seungwan. How would her friend link her arms with Seungwan made her right eyebrow tick. 

 

Joohyun’s eyes squinted for a second when she saw Seulgi suddenly hugged Seungwan. Seulgi’s arms over Seungwans shoulders, then the latter just rubbing the girls back. 

 

“Unnie? Unnie?” Seulgi said while waving a hand in front of Joohyun.

 

“Huh? What?” Joohyun asked as she woke up from daydreaming, nope, cross that, it’s a nightmare. 

 

“Unnie, Yerim said she’s been texting you why aren’t you replying,” Seulgi said while pointing to her phone. 

 

“She is? I didn’t hear anything,” Joohyun deadpanned. 

 

Seulgi and Seungwan looked at each other. “It’s been ringing for the past minute, Unnie,” Seungwan said. 

 

Joohyun almost snapped her head turning to Seungwan. Her eyes were void of emotion and her face looked so dark. “Is it? I didn’t notice,” Joohyun said to Seungwan in a flat cold tone which made Seungwan shiver. 

 

Seulgi then turned to Seungwan, “Why? Are you feeling cold, Seungwan-ah?” Seulgi asked then started rubbing Seungwan’s arms with her hand and feeling the latter’s forehead. 

 

Joohyun scoffed, annoyed at what’s happening in front of her. 

 

“Why, unnie?” Seulgi asked curiously. 

 

With her phone in her hand, Joohyun said, “None, it’s Yerim. She messaged, like you said.”

 

After reading Yerim’s message, Joohyun looked left to right, like searching for something or someone. Then to her right she saw Yerim grinning at her while waving her phone. 

 

~~~

 

Yerim : You looked like you’re about to rip off Seungwan unnie’s head, Joohyun unnie. Relax a little. She’s nice if you get to know her. 

 

What are you talking about? I’m just looking.

 

Yerim: Yeah. Right. Whatever you say. But, she’s cute right?

 

Why would I care about that?

 

Yerim : Cause she’s Seulgi unnie’s “Soulmate”

(Joohyun clenched her jaw at the last word)

Yerim : I can see your nose flaring from here unnie. 

(Joohyun then pinched her nose a little)

 

Yerim : I saw that unnie. Hahahahahahahaha

 

What are you doing there? Why aren’t you here with us?

 

Yerim : I was supposed to sit with you guys, but when I saw how you reacted when Seulgi unnie introduced Seungwan unnie I had to watch it from afar. Also, so when I tease you about it I’m out of your reach. :P

 

And I’m with Saeron. Don’t worry I’ll catch up with you guys tomorrow. 

 

Okay. Fine. I’ll see you tomorrow.

 

~~~

 

“Unnie, we need to go. Our class starts in 15 minutes. I’ll see you after school?”, Seulgi asked. 

 

“Yeah. Sure. I’ll see you later,” Joohyun answered. 

 

The two younger girls stood up and went on their way. Seungwan turned to her and bowed before waving goodbye. As Seungwan turned back, Seulgi laughed at her friend, disheveled the shorter girl’s hair and placed an arm on Seungwan’s shoulders.

 

Joohyun watched as the two girls disappeared from her view. 

 

“Soulmate, huh? Soulmate my a**..”