Baby steps

Magic shop

Throughout practice, Hoseok seemed to struggle due to his hangover,  he still tried his best to learn the new choreography. However, his manager just wasn't seeing improvement.

"No, no, no!! You call yourself a dancer?" He scolded.

Hoseok frowned, instantly.

"B-but sir...Its my first time really dancing again in a while since the hosp-"

"No excuses. You had all night last night, didn't you? And yet what did you boys do? Got wasted. Right? I can still smell the alcohol. Disgusting." He said, condescendingly.

Hoseok blushed, embarrassed, looking away.

"Y-yes sir." He mumbled.

His manager rolled his eyes in frustration. 

"Let's just...call it a night." He stated.

Hoseok stared, wide eyed.

"W-what? No! There's still plenty of time. I just want to dance. I'll do better. I just want to dance." He answered, quickly.

His manager shook his head.

"I've given you opportunities time and time again. You just don't seem to be improving anymore. I'm....putting you on...let's call it a vacation. You need to clear your head again. So, you aren't allowed to come to practice-"

"So, you... you're firing me... basically." 

"No. A temporary hold. Now, get out. Don't come back until you're ready for real." He said, coldly.

Hoseok felt like he couldn't breathe. He was shaking. He slowly looked at Yoongi and Namjoon. Namjoon immediately pulled the manager aside.

"Sir, please, don't do this. He's the best dancer we've got. And you know it! You can-"

"I'm his manager. I can do whatever I feel like. That kids not motivated anymore. I'm done."

"Sir, we all drank last night. We're all hungover! One of us goes, we all go." Namjoon stated.

"Okay. Then you're all done for now." He said, shrugging.

Their manager his heel, leaving the room. Hoseok fell to the ground. 

"Hoseokie...." Jimin said slowly, ruffling his hair, softly.

"It's okay. We'll talk to-"

"Talk to him? Hell no! He deserves better. We should find another company! Who would turn him down?" Jin stated, angrily.

Hoseok sighed.

"Let's just...go home. I guess." He whispered, weakly.

Once the guys were on their way home, they stopped to get some food to go.

"Hoseok? It's your favorite! Don't you want anything?" Namjoon asked.

Hoseok shook his head.

"No. I'm uh...I'm not hungry." He answered, slowly.

Namjoon furrowed his brows. He'd never seen Hoseok so upset. Once they got home, everyone tried to find things to cheer their friend up. Unfortunately, nothing seemed to work. Hoseok walked quietly to Yoongi's room. He laid on the bed, staring at the wall. Yoongi went to the store. After a while, Yoongi returned home and immediately went to Hoseok.

"Hey babe, how you doing?" He asked, gently.

Hoseok stayed silent.

Yoongi carefully checked to see if he was asleep. He smiled fondly, knowing his boyfriend was only pretending, just to keep from talking. He set a drink down next to Hoseoks's side of the bed and kissed his cheek. Yoongi laid beside Hoseok, gently tracing tiny circles along Hoseoks's stomach and chest.

"I know you don't want to talk right now, and we don't have to. But...I'm here when you need me." Yoongi whispered, kissing Hoseoks's neck.

Hoseok slowly his side, holding back tears. 

"T-thank you." He whispered.

Yoongi kissed his forehead softly and went to get some tea for Hoseok. A few minutes later, Yoongi brought back the tea. 

"Baby, sit up." Yoongi ordered.

Hoseok did as he was told. Yoongi brushed his thumb against Hoseok's cheek. He poured a cup of tea and carefully made Hoseok drink it.

"I know you upset right now but that's no excuse to not eat or drink anything." 

Yoongi sat next to him, feeding him tteobokki and tea. Hoseok's eyes suddenly filled with tears and he started crying heavily. Yoongi quickly set the food down and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Aww baby..." He mumbled.

"I-i tried so hard for so long to get into his company and he suddenly doesn't want me to be a part of it? And to make things worse, I ruined it for you guys too..." He said, through tears.

"No, don't you say that. You didn't ruin anything for us. We're still a family. One goes, we all go. We stick together and we're going to find a new agency." 

"I-i'm sorry...." Hoseok mouthed.

"Shh..." Yoongi cooed, wiping his tears gently.

"Do you want everyone in here tonight? You shouldn't be alone tonight."

"I have you though..."

Yoongi smiled.

"Of course you do. But maybe for your sake, you'd feel better if the others were here too?"

Hoseok thought for a moment then nodded.

Yoongi wandered out the the living room where the others were.

"How's he doing?" Namjoon instantly asked.

"He'll be okay. But uh...for his sake...tonight...I think we should all sleep in my room...he needs us you know?"

Jin smiled.

The group piled into Yoongi's room, crowding around Hoseok for a group hug. Hoseok started crying once again, but this time, his heart was filled with love.