First call. Diary of Kim Dahyun

The choice

From Kim Dahyun's Diary

Monday.

05.20 ...

03:25 in the morning

The alarm clock had not yet rung, but I already opened one eye, another opened after it. I woke up. Itself without a reminder to the leader that it is time to get up. I would have reached out if someone had not been lying on top of me, comfortably resting my head under my chin. Chaeyeong, our little beast, crept into my bed again at night. As I did not notice her appearance, I do not know, but I am always glad to wake up to see her face. Quietly, so as not to wake me up, I crawled out from under it, got up, stretched, blurred my shoulders, and checked whether Tzuyu was sleeping. She slept like a baby, so cute.

Today is Monday. Started the work week again. The most difficult of the days, because all the rest of the days I make all my girls laugh. I am for them the elixir of happiness. And for this I need to prepare myself. Customize yourself. Therefore, I set my alarm clock an hour earlier than everyone else. My daily routine begins simply - in the bathroom I rehearse all my comic situations that I came up with last night, on the way home.

I'm not weird. I just always want to see smiles on the faces of my girls. I always want to hear their laughter.

04:07 in the morning

The manager woke everyone else, I watched them go out, sitting on the couch in the living room. If there was my will, I would have fired our manager. I didn’t like her. No, I will not say that she is not a pretty, very beautiful girl. 5 years older than us, for sure. I did not like her eyes. There was so much hatred in them that she successfully hid behind a fake smile.

“Unnie, why didn't you wake me when you got up earlier?” - offended pouting, distracting my eyes from the manager, asked Chaeyeong.

Sleepy baby, with cute ruffled hair. She recently dyed again in dark color, and her hair became a little longer than before. Not the boyish look that was before.

“I didn’t want to wake you, Chae.” You yourself said that you need to get enough sleep - gently your hair, smiling. - Go clean yourself up. I'll wait for you here.

- I soon - smiling, jumped up and ran to the bathroom, ahead of Sana. - Sana unnie, I'm the first! She cried, slamming the doors in front of the girl.

“What an energetic child, wincing from a headache,” the manager whispered. - You have all 20 minutes to prepare.

10 a.m.

During a rehearsal on a music show, a strange sms came :

If you will be given a choice.

Will you save yourself or someone you care about?

No one wrote or what was meant, I did not understand. I did not dare to ask the girls, so I just left it as it is. I just forgot about her.

2 p.m.

Nayeon-unnie dabbled again. Today she has a playful mood, and she wants everyone to say that she is the best unnie in the whole world.

Jeongyeon joked and . Momo and Mina sat in a corner and chuckled quietly at them. Sana was looking at something on the phone, Tzuyu and JiHyo were sitting talking. Chaeyeong, as always painted. And as always, I shot it on camera.

We were waiting for the stage.

The message came again, only with different text:

She is beautiful, right?

They are all so noisy, but you love them, right?

I wonder which of them will live?

Or maybe it will be you?

The choice is yours, Kim Dahyun.

Tuesday

05.21 ...

We are in the training room. We arrived last night and are still here. The trainer gave us a task and said, until we definitely completed it, we could not return home.

- Girls, take a break! - trying to speak in a normal voice, said Jihyo, resting her hands on her knees and doing deep breathing exercises.

- It seems to be an easy exercise, she did it so easily, so why doesn’t it work out for us? - complained Nayeon, exhausting herself on the floor of the hall.

“I can’t move anymore,” Mina lay down next to her, arms and legs apart. She tried to catch her breath, but the air stubbornly did not want to enter her lungs, and she cleared all the time.

- Go crazy, well, and training - taking a sip of cool water, Jeong whispered, glancing at her friends.

“My legs don’t obey me, Sanatang, help me up,” Momo muttered, Sana just grunted something in response, helping her friend get up and take a couple of steps to the sofa.

Chaeyeong and Tzuyu did not react at all, they closed their eyes and tried to rest a little, so that they could begin to study this movement again with renewed vigor.

“Oak, just tell us how you did this.” - asked Sana pleadingly, after carefully sitting Momo on the sofa.

“It's light, unnie, it's just that you are looking at the wrong angle.” Quite the opposite - I smiled sympathetically.

- Why are you still here, the coach said, those who did not fulfill will not leave? But you did it right away, after her departure. Aigu , does our tofu worry about us? - patted her cheeks.

- Where am I without you, we are a team. In addition, it will be lonely at home.

Wednesday

  1. ...

15:15

A very difficult and nervous day. My thoughts were filled with messages that were sent to my mail or to my phone hourly. They pressed me, and I already understood that this was not a joke or a practical joke. They gave me a clearly asked question:

- Who?

I knew my answer from the first question, but did not answer it. How can I choose one of the 7 Membury without thinking ? Why only her name sounds in my mind?

“Dahyun-unnie, what are you so focused on?” - Tzuyu sat down to me when we had lunch together in the company canteen. She carefully looked into my eyes, then laid her head on her shoulder and gently hugged her. “Whatever it is, unnie, know that I am always with you.”

In recent days, Tzuyu behaved strangely, everyone began to notice behind her, a girl who could not show her feelings opens up for three days to us, on the other hand. And not only she, Jeongyeon-unnie and Sana-unnie have also changed. They all showed too much love and care.

“Thank you, Tzuyu — hugging back.”

22:17PM

A movie watching session, the manager was with us, although half the group was against it . But no one dared to say in person, so she stayed. I sat in a massage chair, where ourNoyon was usually located . I was sitting between Momo-unnie and Minari, Chaengi was sitting between my legs, her head was on my lap, and sometimes she raised her head to look at me or to ask something.

Jihyo-unnie was advised to watch a very interesting detective story with a twisted plot. She brought it home (the hostel became our home), put it in a video cassette recorder, and turned it on when we all gathered in the living room.

The film was titled “Disappeared,” starring Ben Aflek . We immediately remembered that we wanted to watch it then, but somehow there wasn’t a minute to go to the movies. Then he just flew out of his head.

“None of you want anything from the kitchen before we start looking?” - asked Jihyo, we shook our heads negatively. - Fine, then, turn it on.

Half of the film has passed, we all watched and tried not to breathe, so as not to miss the most important moments in the film, when some sound from another city cut through our silence. We started and looked back at the manager, who apologized, quickly went out into the corridor, with a telephone in her hands.

At about the same time, I wanted to go to the ladies' room, so I began to quietly get out.

“Unniee, where are you going?” - Chaeyeong asked quietly, looking at me.

- I'll be right back - also quietly, she answered.

“Come on faster, Tofu, I'll pause for now.” Jihyo took the remote control and the screen stopped in the most interesting place.

- Sorry, girls - getting over them, she quickly left the living room and almost ran in the direction of the toilet.

As I ran past the kitchen, I caught a glimpse of separate words from  Unnie, the manager talking on the phone:

- ... I know them ... I'm sure ... everything will work ... yes ... I chose the ideal candidates ...

I did not pay attention to them , since my bladder was demanding attention to itself. Relieved, I began to go back, and my path again ran past the kitchen, the manager was still talking on the phone. "Her boyfriend is calling?" What can you talk about for so long? ”

- Will everything be ready on Monday? In that? I get it. Yes, see you later - I slammed the phone, turned and met my interested look. “Dahyun, do you need anything?”

- No, nothing, I went there - indicated somewhere behind me, she nodded, looked at me strangely suspiciously and left the kitchen after me.

We both returned to the living room, where the girls could not find a place, so they wanted to know the continuation.

Thursday - Friday - Saturday

23.05 ... - 05.24 ... - May 25 ....

For three days I did not see my girls, I missed them very much. We were given three days off. I went to visit my parents, like the rest of the members. Our house was empty.

We corresponded, communicated through the chart .

There were video calls.

But it was not that, without them being nearby.

From the first question I made a choice, and these three days finally determined my choice. I listened carefully to my heart, it does not lie, and it gave me a true answer.

Late on Saturday evening, when my girls were next to me again, I saw sharp changes in the behavior of two other members.

So I realized that I’m not alone in my choice.

Sunday

May 26 ...

A clear instruction came from someone who wrote to me all week in a row:

Tomorrow morning, you will get into that car where you will be the driver of Pinky-oppa . Chosen you Member wherever manager-unnie . I am following you . ”

With these words, my suspicions were confirmed.

To deceive does not work .

What…

It’s good that two more people will be with me, it’s not so scary.

Monday

May 27 ....

I woke up, as usual, but today I did not want to leave my warm place, especially when I understand that this is the last time I hold her in my arms.

I listened to her breathing, remembered all the facial features that I already know by heart.

I heard the doors open, and Jihyo came in, but pretended I was still sleeping. Sorry, Jihyo, I didn't choose you. My leader, but I know that some of my member by choice, be sure to have chosen you.

I heard Tzuyu's answering sleepy voice.

Then I saw the sleepy eyes of my friend hugging me open and look at me.

Her sleepy smile belongs only to me in these seconds.

“Good morning, unnie - the voice hoarse from sleep also belongs to me.”

I want to cry, but I restrain myself, I just hug her tightly, then I kiss somewhere on the top of my head, and I answer:

- Good morning beauty…

03:27 AM

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched the girl of my choice get into the car for the manager-unnie. I saw how Momo-unnie came in front of her, Mina-unnie, Jihyo-unnie is waiting in line.

03:29 AM

I blinked a couple of times, but the girl in front of me did not disappear.

“Unnie,” called Tzuyu from the car, rushing to her older friend.

“Tzu, what are you doing here?” I asked, stunned, looking back at the two members, in whose eyes there was also a mute shock.

- Like what? I'm going with you. Dahyun-unnie, hurry up!

“You ... neither ... who ... did not ... choose ...”

- What are you talking about? I don’t understand you, sit down faster, otherwise we’ll lose sight of ours - she dragged me inside, slammed the door of the car, and the driver started off.

A stranger was sitting next to Pinky .

“Girls, this is our new bodyguard.” Only yesterday they sent it.

03:35AM

- We better turn here - I heard the voice of a man.

- Why? There is a “detour” sign here - Pinky looked sideways, but nothing stood there. - It’s strange, did they manage to repair it in a week?

- Can be and right, the mayor asked the group to hurry up the road - shrugged. - Let those , it will be closer. Do not worry about the rest, I warned the manager in advance how we would go.

I did not like his smile, as did the tenacious gaze of cold eyes. But Pinky followed his instructions.

We drove along a bumpy road, doubting with every meter that the repair was not finished. But the man waved away, saying that it would be better next.

He lied to us.

We all knew very well what awaited us around the bend.

You need to do anything to save Tzuyu.

The three of us looked at each other and decided, all three attacked the man and jointly clamped him on the seat, preventing him from moving:

- We also choose Tzuyu. If you do not give consent, you will die with us. But the plan was not like that, right? Pink Oppa , push ...