First call. Diary of Yu Jeongyeon

The choice

From the diary of Yu Jeongyeon

Monday.

05.20 ...

10 a.m.

I admit, I like to joke, I like to tease girls , tease them, but all my intentions come from loving them. If I understand that I have crossed the border, I immediately apologize. They accept me for who I am. I would never joke about death, and I know that my members are also, therefore, after reading the message that came to my phone, I quickly looked up and looked around.

We were in the dressing room, preparing for a run on our song, rewriting. Mina and Tzuyu still did makeup, Mina winked at me when our eyes met. Sana and Momo sat on the couch, they carefully watched their video rehearsal, giggled when they saw the mistakes of others, and focused when they saw their mistakes. Nayeon and Jihyo had a conversation with our fans. Chaengi and Tofu were looking at an album with new drawings from Chaeyeong. I don’t know why this is so, but at first she gave to watch new creations of Dahyun, then to us.

So, besides me, with the phone in my hands was only a manager-unnie. I doubted about her, because she had been with us for 3 years in a row. We know her, and she knows us. I tried to call back to the number, but it was not available.

And how to choose two people here? I again lowered my eyes to the message in order to verify the correctness of my thoughts:

If you will be given a choice.

Will you save yourself or those you care about?

From your answer will depict the life of two of the members.

Two members , it is very difficult to choose one of them. Each is like a sister to me.

We have a separate story with Nayeon-unnie and Jihyo, we went through all the difficult moments in our lives with them to achieve a debut.

Momorin is my beloved neighbor; she understands me better than anyone else.

Sana knows how to keep secrets, she always finds the words that I need so much.

Minari, the bright angel, the one who always worries that we are all warm.

Maknae-line, the leader of which is Dahyun, is our energy and strength. Chaeyeong and Tzuyu our maknae, which we cherish and love.

“What are you thinking about, Jeongyeon?” Nayeon came up to me, ending the conversation with the fans. She gently ran two fingers over my eyebrows, smoothing them. - Do not frown, that it was not, you will find the right solution.

- Thanks, Nabongs.

18: 30p.m.

Only now had a chance to eat normally, until that time there was only a snack. Morning and day turned out to be too troublesome. If a year ago we hadn’t had the same thing happening, we would have fallen off our feet and complained about being tired. But now we seem to be used to it.

We were given 15 minutes to eat in the company cafeteria, for the next step. As we learned, the next step will be a trip to the training room to improve the physical fitness of your body.

I tried to eat without thinking, but thoughts did not leave me. Now the truth is, I was thinking not about who to choose, but about who else had sent such a message.

With a deductive method, I began to weigh the pros and cons for each friend.

There was one single question :

What does it mean to love for N a / Ji / Mo / Mi / Sa / Da / Chae / Tzu ?

And finally I came to the conclusion.

It remains only to verify the correctness of the judgment.

Tuesday

05.21 ...

04:17

We are crazy about the assignment we’re trying to do since Monday night. The energy that was from the food at 18:30 evaporated, our beloved leader ordered more food, but it was not enough to hold us either.

I look with envy at Dahyun, who is sitting on the couch and watching our attempts miserably. I know our Tofu would have prompted a long time ago, but she was banned. And honestly I am glad that at least one person could handle it.

Surprised, like many, that Momorin did not go first, because she is our most important trump card in dancing.

She and Dahyun.

04:30a.m.

I asked to go to the restroom. I went out and noticed an unclear movement in the corridor.

“Unnie,” she breathed out, clutching at her frightened heart.

“Where are you going, Jeongyeon?” - the manager-unnie came out of the shadows.

- To the restroom. What are you doing here?

- Did everyone complete the task? - not answering the question, the manager imperceptibly pushed me forward from the place where we met.

“Only Dahyun,” I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye, but again the manager’s question distracted me.

“Momo did it too?”

11:05a.m.

- It seems to be an easy exercise, she did it so easily, so why doesn’t it work out for us? - complained Nayeon, exhausting herself on the floor of the hall.

I heard the voice of the Nabongs when, for the umpteenth time in a row, she sat down (or rather slipped) on the floor. Only heavy breathing was heard in the room, and plaintive moans from the members.

“Dahyun-unnie, help me,” Tzuyu held out her hands to the seated girl. She rushed not only to help rise, but also gave a sip of water, carefully holding her chin.

- And me - offended came the voice of Chaengi. Chaeyoung acted like a child and was not at all embarrassed to show herself like that.

I was convinced of my guesses at the expense of one person. There is one more candidate left.

21: 21p.m.

I didn’t make time, but it was at that time that I noticed an unfamiliar young man next to the manager-unnie. He hid his face under a cap, and the clothes are not our stuff . I didn’t hear what they were talking about, but the discussion was hot. Then, I heard his deep baritone:

- I said, you will fulfill your part of the transaction, there will be a prize for you! And don't challenge me for nothing!

Wednesday

05.22 ...

During the “Disappeared” movie, the manager-unnie first left the room, and then Dahyun.

After a few seconds, I became curious, and I found an excuse to leave the room, too.

“Don't hold back, Jungyeong.” And hurry up Oak! - shouted after.

She stopped by the kitchen and froze when she heard the familiar baritone:

- Everything is ready for us, but for you?

- Yes, I do too. All letters have been sent, waiting for an answer ...

Then I had to hide, Dahyun went out with the restroom. Together with her I heard about Monday. I need to warn those who have chosen to give an answer.

Thursday Friday Saturday

05.23 ... - 05.24 ... - May 25 ....

Weekend. J - line and Tzuyu fly away.

Thursday visited parents and sister. I lounged all day. She walked, had fun with friends, enjoyed parental attention and care.

Friday . From nothing to do, I began to watch TV. Switching channels, for some reason stopped at the morning news, they attracted my attention with an urgent message:

5 minutes ago, the mayor was attacked again!”

The police who surrounded the mayor's buildings were in full arms. The mayor himself was blocked by bodyguards in black suits. They held pistols in their hands and carefully peered into the crowd.

The reporter reported further:

We heard shots, but the mayor wasn’t injured; instead, one of the bodyguards received a bullet in the shoulder . The criminal managed to get lost in the crowd, but the police chief said that he could not hide.

Before being shot at the mayor , he announced his decision on terror last month. He said that he would not allow the culprits to be released. He himself would personally verify that the leader was given a double life sentence. And he will not be scared by any provocative actions by criminals. Just then a shot was fired.

Perhaps this was the last warning. And perhaps the criminals will switch to weighty methods of persuasion ... "

I was ready to switch the channel when something out of the corner of my eye caught me. I froze in the chair on which I was sitting. My eye caught a familiar figure and a familiar cap. Only now that guy was dressed decently, in a black suit, with a gun in his hand.

Stop. Is he from a security agency?! No, then he looked like a handyman.

Maybe it seemed to me?

I began to leaf through the channels, frantically looking for news, and when I found it, I sat down closer to the TV screen, carefully peering into the crowd .

Is he. That guy. That familiar stranger is an unnie manager.

Saturday . Back in the afternoon, I was dragged into a dormitory for a walk in an amusement park. Jihyo and Nayeon:

- Let's remember those days when there were only three from us!

We had fun from the heart.

Dashed off, ate and remembered a lot of what they began to forget.

Leaving the park, we saw the manager-unnie walking hand in hand with a young man.

“Such a lovely couple,” Nayeon-unnie sighed dreamily, snuggling up to me.

“So romantic,” Jihyo assented, holding my hand, on the other hand.

I would have thought so too if I hadn’t understood who the manager is walking with.

Later, when everyone went to bed, I received a message, not only in text mode, but in the form of a picture. There was a photograph of all of us leaving the park. Below, finely written:

“ Do you choose them? Tomorrow is the last day, on Monday, you will get in that car where Pinky will be. If you get into another car, then one of your friends will die on the way. We do not like to be played with us. You won’t win in my game, Yu Jeongyeon. "

Sunday

May 26 ...

I saw their facial expressions when they received instructions.

Girls, I will be with you to the end.

Tomorrow, how terrible this word sounds.

Tomorrow, they will wake us, just a couple of minutes, and we are in the car, and ...

Monday

May 27 ....

03:29a.m.

I do not like to show my emotions. But now I was completely shocked by the one who peeked from the inside of the car and spoke in Tzuyu's voice:

- Like what? I'm going with you. Dahyun-unnie, hurry up!

“You ... neither ... who ... did not ... choose ...”

- What are you talking about? I don’t understand you, sit down faster, otherwise we’ll lose sight of ours ...

I was even more surprised when Pinki introduced the guy I knew:

“Girls, this is our new bodyguard.” Only yesterday they sent it.

Bodyguard?! Ha?! No, he's not a bodyguard! If he is here, then in that car his accomplice. I thought I knew the unnie manager well, but apparently not.

Girls, everything must be done so that Tzuyu is not here!” I pleaded, looking into the eyes of the memebras .

03: 30a.m.

We came up with a plan.

03: 32a.m.

I saw the sign “Closed! A detour! ” Lying on dusty ground as we drove by.

So here is the plan! That's how they decided to scare the mayor! With the help of us ?! We're gonna die, and the rest are held hostage?

Tzuyu ...

03: 35a.m.

The three of us looked at each other and decided, all three attacked the man and jointly clamped him on the seat, preventing him from moving:

- We also choose Tzuyu. If you do not give consent, you will die with us. But the plan was not like that, right? Pink Oppa , push ...

03: 37a.m.

Tzuyu on the loose.

“Don't be afraid, we'll catch you soon,” Dahyun said softly.

“Yes, and tell the girls that everything is fine with us,” I whispered, hugging tightly.

- That's enough, get out of the car, quick! Shouted that guy. I slammed the doors behind her and the car started off again. - I completed my part of the transaction, now you!

03: 50a.m.

We fought as best we could, but we had to let him go when the walkie-talkie in his hands cracked, in a familiar female voice:

- Why is Tzuyu here? How was she able to break free?

“If I don’t answer, they will understand something is wrong, and your friends will die.” We have nothing to lose ...

03: 55a.m.

The last thing I remember before the car rolled over was a tire screech and a long beep.

***

“Are you sure they will agree?” - Asked the young girl who is working for the company of Pak Jin Yong , the guy took a cigarette, looking around.

- I’ve been with them for 3 years, how can you trust me in my judgments? - taking away a cigarette, and throwing it into the bin. “Cigarettes are contraindicated for you, besides they are so cheap,” she squeamishly wiped her fingers with a damp cloth.

“Why did you choose only three?” The chef said that we should work out all the girls - the guy leaned against the wall of the building where they were talking.

“Because I know them,” she simply answered, standing next to him. “I thought that those chosen by these three would be our hostages.” It’s easier to succeed if we have hostages, don’t you think so? They are a famous group, they are now on everyone’s lips.

- What is your plan? - after some thought, the guy asked.

- It's very simple, I will send them a message and give them a deadline until next Monday ...

“Stop, stop, the boss hasn’t said yet when we will act,” he interrupted.

“Okay, bye then until Friday.” It’s easier for me to follow them, besides thanks to your toys - I took out small black dots from my pocket - I can hear everything that they talk about while I’m not around. Only in them there is no sound, I bought defective ones, but I didn’t throw them away, I thought that they would come in handy. That's useful - she grinned, glancing at the guy.

- Who will be the first on your list?

- Sana. It is easier to wrap around a finger. Very gullible girl.

“Yes, I saw her watching and listening to you.” You're straight for her, like an older sister - the guy laughed, turning to her, and looking in love with eyes.

“I'll do everything, Minho , just trust me - with tenderness, my cheek, and then got up and they kissed.”