Me and U

You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stomping his way towards a smiling Donghae, Hyukjae couldn't help but release all his pent up embarrassment caused by Donghae's strangely weird (although he secretly liked) behavior by kicking his shin. That was not how Donghae expected to greet Hyukjae. 

"OW!" Donghae yelped as his body keeled over from the pain. "What was that for?!"

Hyukjae narrowed his eyes at him before yelling, "For embarrassing me, you-you...you psycho!" 

Hyukjae huffed and tried to walk past Donghae but the latter was quick to catch his hand and held him back. 

"Hyuk, wait!" Donghae was still rubbing the spot that Hyukjae kicked him in but the pain has subsided considerably. "Please, just-just talk to me, okay?"

"I can't believe you got Kangin hyung and Heechul hyung in on this." Hyukjae said and swiftly glanced left and right suddenly afraid that he might have summoned the devil. Heechul does tend to have the habit of popping in places if you mention his name enough times. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." Donghae pouted as he recalled how the duo found out about his letter to Hyukjae. "I was planning on writing you a sincere letter but then Kangin hyung said that it had no feeling in it and so he started saying stuff and then Heechul hyung piled on so, you know...I couldn't really not do what he says."

"You're an idiot."

"I know." Donghae agreed without any arguments. "But...would you still go out on a date with an idiot like me?"

Hyukjae blushed at Donghae's question and suddenly felt self-conscious. He started squirming around his touch as he suddenly notice that there were several students around them staring and whispering amongst themselves. 

"H-Hae, let go," Hyukjae twisted his hand out of Donghae's hold then rubbed his arms awkwardly. "Let's talk about this some other time." Hyukjae muttered but before he could even turn around Donghae had already grabbed his arm and turned him so that they stayed face to face. 

"When?"

Hyukjae froze a little seeing Donghae's serious expression. "Wh-What?"

"When are we going to talk about it?" Donghae insisted and stepped closer Hyukjae, causing the latter to take a small step back. Just enough to maintain a reasonable amount of personal space between them. "Tell me specifically. Day and time, I'll mark it."

"I-I...I don't kn-know..." Hyukjae stuttered suddenly feeling a lot intimidated by the latter. 

Donghae took a step closer but this time when Hyukjae tried to take a step back Donghae only pulled him closer to him. Hyukjae gulped since now they were definitely close enough that he could see his own reflection against Donghae's eyes. The way Donghae maintained eye contact with him and the way he was closing the gap between the two of them, it was making him feel a lot of things that he wasn't exactly sure how to deal with. 

All the butterflies in his stomach were going crazy and his heart was torn between skipping a beat or beating at an indescribable speed. Either way, Hyukjae knows his face must be the color of a tomato by now if he can't get himself under control. 

"Hyukjae-ah," Donghae's voice called out to him and Hyukjae was suddenly more aware of how deep his voice has gotten. "Look at me."

Hyukjae's eyes shook but he tried to maintain eye-contact with Donghae. "I-I am..." he answered but it came out more as a whisper. 

Donghae pretended to not hear him and leaned just a little closer. Hyukjae was still frozen, his brain not completely processing what Donghae was doing or what he should be doing at the moment. It was as though time stood still for the both of them. It wasn't until Hyukjae heard Donghae's name being called from far away that he finally snapped out of it and pushed Donghae away from. 

Donghae looked slightly annoyed but it disappeared as soon as it showed when the owner of the voice came closer to the both of them. 

"Wah, so it's really finally happening," Heechul commented with a huge grin and congratulated both of them by bringing each one of them for a hug on either arms. "You two have given us a lot of headaches over this whole will-they-or-won't-they situation."

Hyukjae looked awkward and uncomfortable but was taking sneaked looks over at Donghae. 

"Heechul hyung,"  Donghae whined pulling himself away from his hold. "I can't take Hyukkie to our date if you won't let us go."

"Yah! You brat," Heechul scolded but did let Hyukjae go. "You were about to make out in the middle of the street and you're complaining about me holding you back?"

"Hyung!" Hyukjae's face heated up as his ears turned a good shade of red. "We-We weren't!"

"Uh-huh. Whatever." Heechul rolled his eyes and decided to leave them alone for their date. "Don't overthink it!" Heechul yelled while pointing at Hyukjae before disappearing out of sight.

Hyukjae was blushing profusely at Heechul and it didn't help that Donghae was beside him giggling nonstop. He tried to glare at him but before he could start scolding Donghae to cover up his embarrassment, he saw Kangin and Leeteuk heading their way. Not wanting to hear anymore teasing from Kangin or for Leeteuk to start his lecture and give him "the talk," Hyukjae instinctively grabbed Donghae's hand and pulled the other to run away with him. 

Although startled and caught completely off guard, Donghae allowed Hyukjae to pull him in whichever direction the latter wanted to bring him to. It wasn't long before Donghae started recognizing the path they were going to. The familiar stores, and houses that they passed by definitely meant that they were somewhere around their neighborhood. Hyukjae stopped dragging him near the park of their house with the latter gasping out for air. Donghae looked at him fondly not quite as out of breathe as he was. 

Hyukjae was still panting when he notic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter