Japan and You

You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon arrival at the airport, Donghae was quick to get out of the plane in order to catch up with Hyukjae but their classmates were all being annoying and won't let him through. By the time he was out of the plane and reached the baggage claim area, all he saw was Hyukjae and Siwon chatting animated with one another on their way out to the bus. He scowled at the sight but before he could even go after them, Sungmin had pulled him back and started jumping in excitement about being in Japan and all other fun things they were going to do. 

"Junsu's going to be so jealous! We should take lots of pictures to show him!" As soon as Sungmin said it, he pulled out his cell out and took a selfie-photo with Donghae. 

Donghae didn't have time to pose or smile with Sungmin as he tried to get away from the latter to catch up with his best friend. Sungmin looked at the photo and pouted at the distant look on Donghae's face. 

"Yah, Lee Donghae, let's take another one."

"Sorry, Sungmin hyung, let's do it later," Donghae said. He looked around the carousel for his missing bag and he has half a mind to just leave it alone and just buy new clothes in Tokyo. 

"Hae, you know you'll see him later, right? Like I said, we're all going to the same place."

"Huh?" Donghae distractedly half-listened as his eyes finally found his duffle bag. He smiled in glee and aim to grab it but Sungmin was faster than him. "Hyung!"

"Take a decent selfie with me and I'll give it back to you," Sungmin taunted as he held Donghae's stuff hostage. 

Donghae sighed and couldn't understand why the photo was such a big deal. In the end, Donghae gave in and decided that one quick picture is not worth missing out on any more time with Hyukjae. He nodded his head and Sungmin smiled gleefully. This time it was a proper picture. Sungmin's arms were placed over Donghae's shoulder and Donghae smiled his winning smile while posing up a V sign with his right hand. It was a quick and it appeased Sungmin which made Donghae happy.

However, by the time he got out of the baggage area, Hyukjae and Siwon were already boarded in the bus and the only space left for him was in the second one their school got for their class. Donghae felt dejected as he forced his feet to walk away from Hyukjae. He chose to keep his head down to hide his disappointment  unfortunately, also missing the mirrored expression on Hyukjae's face.

The drive to their hotel was longer than he thought. All throughout the drive, Sungmin was just a ball of energy and he didn't know how to be as excited as him. He knew he was looking forward to coming to Japan the same as everybody else, but somehow, he couldn't bring himself to enjoy it just yet. Their bus stopped at the light right next to the other bus they were supposed to be following which caused Donghae to glance up. His mood got worst as he couldn't help feeling a little betrayed seeing Hyukjae have fun with Siwon while he was moping by himself missing him. 

Donghae didn't understand why he was so upset or even why he couldn't fake not being upset. His head was a mess and he thinks he may need to see the doctor soon because his chest was starting to feel a little tight as well. His mind suddenly echoed something Mr. Kim said in class. Something about imbalance chemicals in your brain that affects something in your body and a bunch of other something. 

Stupid hormones. 

Donghae just scowled to himself and crossed his arms. This might just be the longest weekend of his life. 

Donghae could not be any more grateful to be out of the bus and was the first person out of his seat once they reached the hotel. Sungmin had been talking nonstop and instagramming every statue they see when they stop at a red light and Donghae just did not have the energy to be fake excited with his friend. However, his mood seemed to lighten up a bit when he saw Hyukjae in the lobby, but then dampened with a scowl when he saw that he was still attach to the hip with a certain annoying horse. 

"Alright! Listen up everyone!" Mrs. Shin, their homeroom teacher yelled to get the students to quiet down for her announcement. "I will be making your room assignments, so I need everyone to pay attention!"

"What? Room assignments?"

"Lame!"

Students were grumbling their disagreements all around. Donghae wasn't even paying attention to them since his eyes were only on two other students who weren't paying attention as well. Donghae unknowingly let out a growl when Siwon's arms casually draped themselves around Hyukjae's shoulders as his oblivious friend laughed at something that, in Donghae's opinion, probably wasn't even funny. 

"Quiet!" Mr. Kim yelled over the noise of the students. "This is not up for discussion," he scolded and ignored the disappointed eye roll the students did at his statement. "You will listen for your assigned rooms and will follow them. Any student caught in another room will be immediately sent back home and will face a two day suspension, do you understand?"

The students all remained silent which prompted him to repeat his question. "I said, do you all understand!?"

"Yeeees!" This time everyone answered loudly. 

Mrs. Shin just nodded her head and started reading the list out loud. 

"All right, we have rented two floors for just our school so everyone please listen very carefully. Students who will be on the third floor are the following - Jiyoung and Haru, Junsu and Sungmin, Changmin and Kyuhyun," She went on and on but Donghae's ears perked up when he heard her say, "- and finally, Siwon and Henry."

Donghae did a mental dance as Siwon was finally forced to leave Hyukjae's side and walk over to his assigned roommate to get their roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter