My Secret

You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae sighed for what seemed the millionth time that night. He was laying down on his bed staring at the ceiling, pondering thoughts regarding his feelings and actions towards Lee Donghae. Just the simple thought of admitting his feelings out loud to Donghae brought heat to his face. 

"Aish!" Hyukjae closed his eyes and squeezed his head in between his pillows. There were too many feelings to sort out and he's not quite sure how to sort them. He heard his phone buzz by his desk and checked to see who had messaged him. 

From: idiot-fish

Hey u up?

Hyukjae suddenly felt his heart beat faster and quickly sat up re-reading the same message three more times. His thumb playing over the screen of his phone, debating whether or not he should reply. His eyes widened however when he saw Donghae's next message. 

From: idiot-fish

I know you've read my message...

Are you not talking to me?

Hyukjae felt guilty and immediately responded.

To: idiot-fish

You idiot. I was just about to reply. Why are you so impatient? >.<

Donghae replied within seconds of Hyukjae replying to him. 

From: idiot-fish

I must have missed you too much

Hyukjae's eyes widened and quickly blushed reading his text message. His entired body felt giddy and hot as he frustratingly replied to the latter. 

To: idiot-fish

Yah! Meongcheong-ah! Don't say things so casually like that!

There wasn't enough time for Hyukjae to even regain his composure when his phone started buzzing again. Looking down on it, Hyukjae's heart rate doubled once more seeing that Donghae was calling him now. He cleared his throat repeatedly and made sure not to sound too nervous before answering the phone. 

"Hel..lo?" Donghae's laughter was the first thing he heard as soon as he picked up the phone. Hyukjae frowned feeling left out and annoyed hearing Donghae guffawing on the other line. "What are you doing?"

"Did I make you nervous?"

"What?"

"Was your face red and heart beating really fast when you saw my name?"

Hyukjae's eyes widened and unconsciously started looking around his room for any hidden cameras. "W-What the hell are you talking about?"

"I bet you just looked around your room right now to see if I was spying on you." Donghae teased and Hyukjae didn't like that Donghae knew he did that. 

"Yah! Do you know what time it is?" Hyukjae opted to divert the topic away from him and instead focused on scolding Donghae. "Why are you calling me so late?"

"Because I miss you," was Donghae's swift reply. "And I wanted to see you."

What the hell? Hyukjae thought while swallowing down that unfamiliar knot forming at the base of his stomach. "W-What the hell are you saying, you dummy?" Donghae then proceeded to laugh louder hearing Hyukjae's firm yet embarrassed voice on the phone. Hyukjae couldn't help but feel like Donghae was making fun of him and decided to end the call for the night. "I'm hanging up."

"Wait! Hyukkie,no!" 

Hyukjae paused midway before placing the phone back on his ear. "Hyuk? Are you still there?"

"You have one minute then I'm hanging up."

"Sora noona texted me today." Donghae directly informed. "She asked me why we didn't tell her first that we were going out together."

"What?!" Hyukjae yelled, not quite sure what to feel right now. Embarrassed because of his sister? Annoyed at Donghae's teasing tone? Flustered at the implication? All of the above, maybe? "What did she say exactly?"

"Oh, you know...just that you're freaking out because you're hopelessly in love with me."

"Yah! I'm not!" Hyukjae denied and thanked heavens that Donghae wasn't doing a video call right now. 

"Really? That's disappointing."

"Aish...I'm hanging up now. Your minute is over!"

"What? Wait! I-"

Hyukjae didn't bother to listen to him any further and pressed the end call button before throwing it far away from him. He grabbed his pillow and suffocated himself while screaming all of his feelings out into it. Once he was done, Hyukjae took it off and let the pillow fall on the floor as he returned to stare at the ceiling. Hyukjae took a second to ponder about his life. He just couldn't believe his luck at the moment...getting stuck with a sister like Sora and falling in love with an idiot like Donghae...why did he get stuck with such a life?

Flipping his body over to his side, Hyukjae's eyes caught sight of his back pack. Quickly hatching an idea, he swiftly stood up and walked towards his bag, digging though it trying to find his ratty old notebook. Once he had found it, he let out a whispered cheer then walked towards his desk. Hyukjae quickly flipped to the next available page and scribbled an entry. 

20200422

Stupid. Dummy. Idiot. I don't like you anymore. >:|...You're a big meanie...

Lee Donghae is a big meanie and I won't like you anymore unless these things are fulfilled:

1) Say Lee Hyukjae is handsome and awesome in front of our friends. 

2) Buy me my favorite beverage.

3) Letter of apology. 

4) Buy me a meal.

5) ...tbd

Hyukjae read over his entry one more time, and bit his lower lip trying to decided whether it was a good idea or not. He flipped the pages to the previous entries and sighed. "Well, he's read them already anyways..."  Hyukjae convinced himself before closing the notebook and putting it back in his backpack. He needed to get his rest now in order to mentally prepare himself for tomorrow.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

The following day, Hyukjae entered the school with his his head down and hand clutching the notebook tight against his chest. He was walking so fast that he didn't even see that he was about to bump against someone's back until it was too late. 

"Ow!" Hyukjae's eyes widened when he heard that familiar voice. "Hyukjae?"

Without even looking at him, Hyukjae shoved the notebook he was holding against Donghae and ran his way inside the school. Donghae could only watch after him, eyes blinking rapidly trying to process what just happened. 

(A/N: This song really fit with this scene in the story and I also just wanted to bring back this earworm into the scene :))

"Oh. Donghae-ah, I just saw Hyukjae running inside." Junsu informed pointing towards the building the latter disappeared into while approaching Donghae. "Did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter