The Beginning

You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae's family had just moved to Seoul from Mokpo and today was his first day at his new school. He entered the gates of his school as slowly as he can and tried not to attract attention to himself. He figured as long as he doesn't talk to anyone the lower the chances are of him getting picked on. He tried to practice his Seoul accent before they left Mokpo with some of his friends but they weren't really the best people to practice on since all they did was for trying too hard. 

Ding. Ding. Ding. 

A bunch of students had started to run their way inside the building while Donghae tried to figure out which direction to go. Before he knew it, he was standing in the middle of the campus by himself with no person in sight. He sighed and bit his lower lip as he tried to maintain his anxiousness and nervousness within him. He was about to take a step forward a random building in front of him when he heard a squeal and a bunch of hurried steps from behind him. Upon turning to see what it was he was surprised to see two boys running towards him. 

"Yah! Lee Hyukjae! You better give back my breakfast to me!"

"Too bad, slave!"

"What!? Slave?!" Donghae tilted his head in curiousity as the two figures came closer and louder within view. "You're my slave, you stupid monkey!"

Donghae was so engrossed in trying to figure out what was happening between the two that he wasn't able to react fast enough to avoid the collision heading his way.

Oh ! Donghae's eyes widened as he fell backwards and caught Hyukjae down with him.

"Omo!" Donghae heard the dolphin like squeal again but he couldn't muster up enough energy to pay attention to him. It was like time slowed down as his eyes fell on Hyukjae. The scent of his strawberry shampoo filled his nose, and since he tried to catch him before they fell, he immediately noticed how slim the latter was. As he saw Hyukjae get up he was able to see his features better: pointed nose, plump lips, and eyes that could just get lost into (and for a quick second Donghae actually thought he did). 

Donghae was so immersed and shocked at what just happened that he wasn't even able to process the latter mutter his apology and run away from him.

"Yah!" Donghae then saw a hand reach down towards him and he was grateful to be brought back on earth. "Hey, are you ok?"

Donghae dusted himself off and nodded his head. He looked up and was surprised to see another pretty face in front of him. What is up with this school? 

"I'm sorry about my friend. I'll make sure to give him a smack for you." The boy that helped Donghae gave him a wink before running off after Hyukjae. 

Donghae watched after the two of them in confusion but decided that there's no point in dwelling on them any further. It was a big school and he doubts he'd see them again. He looked around the ground to pick up his fallen backpack and paperwork when he noticed a notebook he didn't recognize. He picked it up and opened the first page and laughed at the scribbled drawing in it. 

Property of Lee Hyukjae. Read it and Die. >:)

Donghae shut the notebook closed and took it with him as he went inside the office. He decided that he could always bring it to the lost and found later once he get acquainted with the school. Unfortunately, being in Seoul has not given him a better sense of direction and after hearing the bell ring again, meaning that first period was over. Students flooded the hallways as they tried to go to their next period and Donghae still hasn't found the registration office. He was about to give up and figure out how to muster the courage to ask for directions when a student tapped him on his shoulder that made him turn around.

"Hi," he greeted. "Are you lost?"

"Uhh," Donghae's anxiety started acting up as he tried to prepare himself to not speak with his mokpo accent. "Y-Yes." Donghae didn't know what else to do so he presented his transfer papers in hopes that that would be enough context for the latter. The student gave him a smile and took a look at his papers.

"Are you looking for the registration office?" Donghae nodded his head again, still not trusting himself or others, although he did appreciate his kindness. "Come follow me. I can take you there."

Donghae smiled gratefully and bowed his head in gratitude. "Thank you!" 

"No problem. My name's Park Jungsu, by the way, but they call me Leeteuk."

"Leeteuk?" Donghae wondered out loud. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter