Always You

You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following 17 hours seemed like torture for both Donghae and Hyukjae. Neither one knew what to expect as their scheduled date approaches and both boys were filled with anxiety, excitement, and butterflies that had them freaking out over the littlest thing. 

Hyukjae sighed for what seemed the millionth time that night as Sora dug through his closet for something "decent" for him to wear. A particularly normal reaction except Hyukjae knows that Donghae knows every single item of clothing he owns. One, because Donghae likes to dig through his closet and two, because Donghae likes to dig through his closet and wear his clothes. 

"Noona~" Hyukjae whined when Sora made a face at his last set of clothes in the closet. "That's everything. Are you gonna let me go out on our date ?"

"You might as well," she said with a defeated sigh. "At this point, your birthday suit might be your greatest asset."

Hyukjae blushed a good shade of pink and threw himself on his bed. "Noona!~ Help me!"

Sora chuckled seeing Hyukjae whine like a baby and sat next to him on his bed. "Alright, you big baby." She grabbed a baby blue shirt with yellow stripes. "What about this one? It looks...decent."

Hyukjae pouted and grabbed it out of her hands. "I can't wear this! I wore this on his last fish funeral."

"I don't think he'd remember that, Hyukjae."

"But I do," Hyukjae threw the shirt far away from him and slumped back down on his bed. "Pick another one."

Sora rolled her eyes and scanned the mess in front of him. There really wasn't anything there she'd consider to be a first date outfit but there really wasn't much choice. Had Hyukjae come home earlier instead of two minutes before his scheduled curfew, they could have at least stopped by a nearby store and picked a new outfit. She sighed and made a mental note to text Donghae later to make sure that he dresses immaculate for tomorrow for all the work she's putting in here. 

"How about this one?" She brought a bright blue sweater and grabbed one his white v-neck shirt. "Donghae loves blue and it's a good color against your skin."

Hyukjae pouted and narrowed his eyes. "I don't know. He's seen me wear that sweater many times."

"Hyukjae, you don't really have anything here that he hasn't seen." Sora pointed out. "Also, didn't Donghae give this to you for your birthday the year before?"

Hyukjae stared at the blue sweatshirt for a few seconds before nodding his head. He grabbed it from Sora and upon further deliberation decided that it would work just as well. It might be the best choice out of all the things he has. 

"Okay, then! It's settled," Sora happily cheered and got up from Hyukjae's bed. "Now you're next step is to get your beauty sleep so you look less of a monkey tomorrow."

"Yah! I don't look like a monkey." Sora merely laughed at Hyukjae's remark and headed out the door. Hyukjae immediately saw what she was trying to do and called out for her as he tried to get out of the small mountain of clothes that he's buried in. "Wait! Noona! you gotta help me fix all this!" But Sora has already shut off her listening ears and Hyukjae's door behind her. "Noona!"

Sora was chuckling to herself as she shut Hyukjae's door behind her. Walking back to her own bedroom, Sora grabbed her phone out and smiled seeing one unread message from Donghae. 

From: PaboHae

Please tell me Hyukjae's not getting cold feet. :/

To: PaboHae

Got him all warmed up for you ;) Now you better not get cold feet or I'd throw you down the bottom of the river

From: PaboHae

Thank you, Noona~ ^^ You're the best~ <3 :D

Sora smiled and shook her head reading Donghae's response. She felt extremely giddy and excited for her brother's big day tomorrow. It's been a long time coming and she's happy that for once Hyukjae's overcome his overthinking and was listening to something other than his brain. Sometimes being rational causes more regrets than it would satisfaction. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

The following day could not have come sooner. Donghae pressed the doorbell at Hyukjae's house and beamed when Sora answered the door. 

"Good morning, Noona," he said. 

"Hae-Hae!" She squaled and pulled him inside for a hug. "Oh my goodness, I'm so excited!"

Donghae giggled in her arms and was more than relieved to see how much Sora's been looking forward to him and Hyukjae being a couple. At least that's one less person he has to worry about impressing. Not that Hyukjae's parents would be a problem because they already love him so much. Once Sora finally did release him, Donghae looked around the living room and wondered why it seemed empty. 

"Where's Hyukjae?"

Sora sighed and crossed her arms. "Of course he's still sleeping, that baby. I told him to sleep early last night."

Donghae chuckled and started to walk his way to his room. "I'll go wake him up."

"Hey!" Sora yelled immediately halting Donghae's footsteps. "No funny business," she warned but Donghae didn't understand what she meant. "I have ears like a bat and just because I approve of you doesn't mean I approve of you tainting my brother's innocence."

Sora's implications finally sinking in, Donghae's eyes widened a little as he tried to hide the flushness of his cheeks. 

"Noona~" Donghae wailed. "He's the one who watches ; not me. How innocent can he be?"

"Way more innocent than you if the boners I've seen you sport at your sleepovers indicate anything."

Donghae's neck and face felt hot and immediately ran as fast as he can away from her. The day had not started the way he thought it would be and he blamed it all on Hyukjae for not waking up on time. Once he reached his bedroom door, Donghae didn't hesitate to enter then closing it shut behind him, subconsciously locking the door as well. He looked over at Hyukjae's bed and saw the latter on his back deep in slumber. Donghae shook his head in slight disappointment but then smiled knowing that he would be the first person Hyukjae would see today, and maybe that's not a bad way to start the day after all. 

Slowly climbing on Hyukjae's bed, Donghae hovered over him and went to check just how deep his slumber really was. Seeing his eyes shut, lips slightly parted open and the even breathing of his chest, Donghae accurately assumed that he was probably still deeply fast asleep. Smiling mischievously, Donghae crawled over to him and gently caressed the side of his face with the back of his hand. 

"Hyukkie," he called sweetly, giggling to himself how that act in itself made his heart flutter. "Hyukjae-ah, wake up," Donghae tapped at his cheeks and sealed his lips shut with a silent chuckle seeing Hyukjae pout his lips together. It was just too cute not to take a picture of. Unfortunately for Donghae, before he could even grab his phone out of his pocket, Hyukjae stirred himself awake. 

A small groan came out of his lips and stretched his arms out as wide as he could while a small smile graced his lips. He was having the strangest and most wonderful dream of Donghae smiling and calling out sweetly at him. Hyukjae opened his eyes and was about to let out a disappointed sigh when he was met by a very familiar face that for a second he thought he might still be dreaming. 

"Good morning, sleepy head," Donghae greeted warmly and teasingly seeing Hyukjae look at him a little lost and just a little bit mesmerized. "Were you having a good dream?"

It took a while for Hyukjae to process what was going on, but once his brain was finally able to catch on to reality, he did a silent gasp and quickly sat up on his bed. 

"What are you doing here?"

Donghae chortled seeing Hyukjae's surprised reaction. "I'm here to pick you up for our date."

Still grasping at his blanket, Hyukjae's eyes widened and quickly looked at the clock. "What time is it?!" Letting out another silent gasp, Hyukjae couldn't believe how late it was. "It's 11:30?!" Groaning at himself disappointedly, Hyukjae flopped himself back on his bed and buried his face under his pillow. Donghae, this time, could no longer hold his amusement in and laughed out right while trying to grab the pillow away from Hyukjae's face. 

"Hey, you. Don't go back to sleep," Donghae teased as he struggled to get the pillow off of Hyukjae. "I got a full day's plan for us and you're taking time away from my schedule."

Hearing Donghae's complaint, Hyukjae wasn't able to resist removing the pillow off his face to give Donghae a glare. "Yah! You always make me late with your stubborn-sleeping-like-a-log habit when I wake you up and you're complaining that I slept in on a weekend?"

Donghae pouted and pulled Hyukjae to sit up on his bed. "But it's our first date today," he said so casually that Hyukjae didn't know if the way his heart skipped a beat was an appropriate reaction to it. "You can't be late for our first date."

"Aish," Hyukjae pulled his arm away from Donghae and got off the bed just so he could look away and hide the blush that was forming on his face. "Can you stop saying that."

"Saying what?"

"...that..." Hyukjae repeated as though it was any clearer. 

Luckily (although Hyukjae would say otherwise) he was further saved from Donghae's teasing by Sora banging on his door and screaming at the top of her lungs. 

"Lee Donghae! I better see Hyukjae decent and in one piece! You're not allowed to ravage him until after your third date!"

Hyukjae couldn't believe what he was hearing and wanted to wail at Sora's words. 

"Nooonaaa~!" He whined and opened the door to reveal a mischievous looking Sora. "Why are you so embarrassing? We aren't doing anything!"

"Not if I can do anything about it," she retorted and beckoned for Donghae to follow her. "You, follow me. I spent so long picking out Hyukjae's outfit last night and you're not gonna ruin all my hard work by keeping him in his room."

Donghae blushed at Sora's innuendos. "Sora noona, I'm not some hormone crazed teenager," he pouted. "I really really like Hyukkie."

The way Donghae's confession came out so natural from his lips caused Hyukjae's face to heat up. He swears he'd never get used to hearing it. 

"You too!" Hyukjae screamed trying to cover up his flusteredness. "Both of you stop it. Go. Leave." He ushered the two of them away from him as he went back to his room to finally grab the clothes he prepared the night before and get ready. He already feels exhausted and he hasn't stepped out of his house yet. However, despite the annoyance he fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter