Memories

I Still Love You [Chaennie★Jensoo]

Jennie, her manager, and her assistant was in a black van heading to a TV station to promote her new song.

"Relax, Queen Jennie. I've managed everything. I've made sure that the interview will only focus on your new song. No question about Blackpink, what did you do in the last 2 years, or any other private matters. This is pure to promote your song, okay?

"Okay.."

Jennie tried to calm her heart. Of course the adrenalin level within her blood was increasing significantly. This would be her first TV interview after she resigned from Blackpink. 

"Now, look at me. Let me check your make-up.."

Jennie turned to her manager. Sunny observed every detail of Jennie's face.

"Jennie Kim, you are a perfection. Even an angel will not have confidence to stand next to you."

You could see Jennie was blushing after hearing the praise from her manager. Somehow, it boosted her confidence. 

"We still have about half an hour until we reached the TV station. Maybe you can take your time to relax, Quenn.."

Jennie smiled at her manager. She felt grateful to have Sunny as her manager. Maybe she was annoying sometimes, but she was so understanding. Jennie took out her hand phone from her bag and connected it with earphone. She put ear buds into her ears. Jennie opened her music folder and scrolled down looking for her favorite song. Well, she had many favorite song. But this one song was so special to her. No matter how many times she had sang and listened to the song, this song would always have special place in her heart. She never got tired listening to it. Finally, she found the song and pressed play button. Blackpink’s STAY always brought back many memories to Jennie. She was so related to the lyrics. When she was still a member, she sang the song with the feeling of hoping that all people that she love would never leave her. That BLINKs and her three soulmates would always stay by her side. She never thought that in the future, she was the one who left.  

So easily, with harsh words
You put scars in my heart
Without even saying sorry
Again, I'm comforting myself
Always nervous if you're gonna leave me
I just want you to stay

 

Chaeyoung’s voice blessed Jennie’s ears. It was her favorite part of the song. Chaeyoung has unique and soothing voice that fit really well to a ballad song. But, there was more than that. Somehow, it brought back the memories when Jennie was teenage. The time when Chaeyoung’s voice was Jennie’s most favorite sound in the world.

FLASHBACK

Park Chaeyoung, a young YG trainee, had finished her lessons that day. If it was just like her ordinary days, she would go straightly to her room in the dorm then eat her favorite foods ( well, actually all foods were her favorite foods) then go to sleep. But, nope for today because it was not an ordinary day for her. It was a special day for her because she would have a date with someone. She knew nothing about this person except this person was a girl and YG trainee just like her. This person was her secret admirer who had been constantly wrote her sticky notes for the last three months. 

Most of every days she would find a sticky note attached on her own locker. Most of them just casual words of admiration, like simple ‘I like you.’ or ‘I had a bad yesterday, but just listening to your singing made my day better. Thankyou.’.  Sometimes Chaeyoung received notes contains of cheesy words like ‘You looked so cute when chewing your gum today’ or ‘The way you your strawberry ice creams melted my heart’ or ‘Even when you're breathing you looks so beautiful. I envy the oxygen that flows into your lungs’ or ‘Your hair looks so good today. God must be bless your hair follicles so much’. Those notes never failed to make Chaeyoung smile. Chaeyoung in particular bought a small box to kept those notes. Whenever she was alone in her room, she would read those notes and giggled to herself.

At first, she didn't feel anything when she get the notes, but after some times those notes made her heart flutter. There were days when she didn’t received the note, and that made her mood in bad condition. Yesterday's note was a little bit different. It said ‘I want a date with you. Tomorrow afternoon.’. And this morning she got note ‘I'll wait for you at 3 PM. beside the post lamp across the YG building. I'm gonna wear Chanel baby blue shirt and black skirt. P.S : You don't have to come if you don't want to.’. Chaeyoung’s practice was over at 2 PM. It meant she had 1 hour to go back to her dorm and prepare herself. Honestly, just thinking about the date made Chayoung sweating in nervousness. She hadn’t had date with someone since she came to South Korea to pursue her dream. Chaeyoung was a person who didn’t like hang out that much. She didn’t have many friends. In fact YG trainees were her only friends. Just casual friends, none of them was considered as her close friends. Maybe that made her feel lonely sometimes. 

 

03:00 PM. Across YG building..

Two young girls was seen standing beside a lamp post. One girl was wearing blue Chanel shirt dan black skirt. The other one who slightly shorter was wearing white sweater and blue jeans.

“Jisoo Unnie, do you think she will show up? What if she doesn’t want to have a date with me?” Jennie said with nervous.

“Yah! No one will ever reject your date invitation. You are Jennie Kim for God’s sake! The most popular and charismatic YG trainee. Even all the insects inside YG building are dying to have a date with you.” Jisoo tried to comfort her best friend.

Jennie looked at the girl which one older than her with disbelief look. It wasn’t motivation words that Jennie expect but what could you expect from the crack head Kim Jisoo?  

“What?? Why you look at me so intensely like that? Something on my beautiful face? Or you suddenly realize that my face is prettier than your crush’s? 

Jennie rolled her eyes and leat out a heavy sigh. Sometimes she wondered why she could be bestfriend with Kim Jisoo, the YG trainee with the most beautiful visual and 4D personality.

“She still doesn’t know that I’m the one who wrote those notes.” Jennie said with low voice.

Jisoo put her hand on Jennie shoulder and looked into Jennie’s eyes, “ Trust me. The moment Park Chaeyoung come out of that building and realize that it’s you who send her those sweet cherry fluffy notes, She’ll jump into you and eat your mouth.” Jisoo said with confident.

Jennie just stared at Jisoo with mouth wide open. She didn’t know if she should trust her love life to Jisoo who proclaimed herself as Jennie Kim’s love advisor, in fact Jisoo never ever had any experience in romance. You can say it was like a blind person guide other blind person and in the end both of them fall from cliff together. 

The next 10 minutes passed by with the two friends bickering over nonsense things. Until a cough sound was heard and Jennie knew exactly who the owner of the voice was. Her body suddenly became stiff. She slowly turn her head and saw her crush was standing beside her.

“Hi, Chaeyoung! I trust my friend in you. I gotta go. BYE!” Jisoo waved her hand at Chaeyoung. And just like a robber which was chased by police, Jisoo run and left Chaeyoung and Jennie.

Jennie forced herself to show her gummy smile while heart beat like crazy. Her brain commanded her heart to beat steadily but unfortunately seemed like her body betrayed her. Jennie couldn’t stop stare at Chaeyoung who stared back at her with shy but endearing smile. Many people walked pass by around them, but for Jennie, at that time, all she could see was her. Only her.

“Let’s walk together..”

Finally, after felt like forever, Jennie could utter some those words from ..