something of yours

my heart, can you hear it calling for you?

"ya-park jisung!"

 

"bye hyung!" the brunette calls, chuckles to himself when he shuts the door and chenle is left with jisungs things thrown amongst his bed. his phone charger, gum, those annoying pens with the squeaky animals at the top that he pokes the older boy with and laughs at all the noise they make. 

 

a hood.

 

chenle has a thing about oversized hoods. just because he likes how large they are. they never get too small, always convenient when he can't choose a nice shirt. likes how small they make him look, and fans love them just as much as he does when he's gone out with sweater paws and made people swoon. jisung must've done so on purpose. thats what he thinks. he knows how much chenle loves hoods but he despises stealing clothes from the other members because he's sensitive to certain smells. just likes things the way he does. and this hood is cute. a pale brown, fluffy on the inside with a little coffee cup print at the corner and when chenle eyes it, moves to put it on his desk chair out of the way he catches scent of the sweater. 

 

its lavender. 

 

but so faint he'd hardly recognize it if he hadn't pulled it closer and inhaled some, again and let out a dreamy sigh because it smells so good. soft. hardly there so it doesn't make him sick, if anything its addicting. and it's weird he'd never smelled the scent on jisung before but he guesses they don't get so close he can tell that often. 

 

so he whines, throwing the hood down onto the chair and takes a nap to forget. 

 

later on he finds that everything but the hood is gone. no signs Jisung had even been in his room except the hood is still there. lingering. taunting. like it knows chenle wants it but hes stubborn if anything so he makes a silent refusal. leaves his room and tries tries tries hard to avoid the damned thing until Jisung comes and gets it himself. 

 

early the next morning they have a schedule for a practice pre-performance on a stage far too small. chenle is still half asleep when he's getting dressed, throwing the nearest piece of clothing on and washing up before heading out the door with their manager in tow. doesn't even notice when he falls asleep in the car, completely content and oh-so comfortable in this particular hood that when jaemin and he walk at the back of the group, up the stairs, onto the stage hes surprised when jaemin points out it isn't his.

 

"isn't that jisungies?" he wonders aloud, leaning into chenle and breathing in a little before he smirks, asking when it was that chenle started sharing clothes with people. 

 

accusing almost. 

 

"h-hey! it wasn't my fault he left it in my room."

 

"mhm~"

 

it happens again all but three hours later when they're at dance practice and he's still wearing the thing. not on purpose. of course not. but jeno mentions it and jisung doesn't react. just looks over at the two when he hears his name. renjun says its cute and when be asks to borrow it chenle refuses, doesn't notice the pleased smile on jisungs face from behind him. its only when they're at their dorms later on, sweaty and tired that he realizes he'll have to wash it now after showering. sadly, he changes hoods then, but when its lights out and he's tucked himself into bed hes just not as comfortable as he was. realizes the hood itself was nice, but something about it being jisungs made him like it more. just because he likes the younger boy on his own, to know he'd worn it at some point and to think that wearing it on himself is kind of like a hug from Jisung, (indirect) it makes his insides squirm. 

 

had he been in that hood it would've been like jisung had held chenle in his arms. 

 

the next day, very shamefully he slips his hands into the bin of clothes to search for the hood he'd worn of jisungs only to find that all the clothes were gone. probably already been washed and given back to their respective owners. with a complaint to their managers he takes off before anyone catches him. or so he tries to before he bumps into jisung himself, mid hallway with a curious tilt of the head because chenle has practically run from the bathroom. 

 

he also happens to be wearing the hood.

 

"you OK?" jisung asks him, moving to touch chenles forehead with a tentative hand, checking his own temperature in comparison but finding no difference. he does this because chenle is very red. looks down at his feet and nods his head hoping jisung will just leave him and he can make his escape as quickly ad possible but the younger doesn't get it. removes his hand to press his own forehead to chenles, fond eyes flicking down to meet his and jisung hums. chenle can feel the vibration in his cheeks from the sound. jisung pulls away like he can't hear chenles heart pounding- like it'll leap from his own chest into those pretty hands of jisungs. much better fitted for his hood since they don't go past his hands like they had on chenle.

 

who can smell the newly washed scent of lavender on jisungs hood since they're close now. the desperate expression must go noticed since jisung asks after following his gaze, "are you cold, hyung? do you need me to go get you another sweater?" since he's already wearing one. 

 

but it isn't jisungs. 

 

and that's why he can't get over it. 

 

"i-i wanna wear your hood. mine doesn't feel the same." he whispers. holds his breath for a scary silent moment in which jisung just watches him. agrees simply and removes his hood to pull over chenles and fix the sleeves of it that flow past the older boys hands but they fall down after a minute of sleepy relief. 

 

"thank you." chenle blushes, lets his bangs fall in front of his eyes so Jisung can't see how truly happy he is about being surrounded by this scent, this warmth, jisung jisung jisung.

 

who nods. 

 

nods like his head will roll off and leaves just as fast as chenle had tried to and when he makes it to his room, and throws himself into his bed chenle pretends he can't hear jisung when he squeals into his pillow. 

 

("cute!")