trust me

my heart, can you hear it calling for you?

chenle wants snacks.

 

and jisung is damn well a bad person if he doesn't get them for him. 

 

the reason chenle is anxious: lee donghyuck. their manager had boughten snacks at too late a time since they'd all sort of ganged up on him. so he'd gotten a bag full. ramen, gummy and salty, sweet and crunchy, he'd pretty much grabbed everything in sight and been very satisfied with himself when they'd jumped the bag and taken it to jaemin and donghyucks room to have. the problem is this, chenle wants the same bin bin rice crackers that donghyuck wants. not to eat them, just because he likes making the younger boy suffer. so he grabs for them and holds them hostage, laughs like a villain when chenle pouts, sagging in his seat on the ground and mark, being the leader he is tells donghyuck to just give them up. 

 

he refuses. "what, i have no right to the good snacks?" 

 

"you don't even like those." jisung points out, donghyuck shrugs, smile wide because he thinks he's gotten his way but he doesn't even see mark who moves behind him, grabbing the snack to hold against his chest when saying, "fair and square chances, satan." 

 

"bottle cap battle!" jeno suggests, to which chenle refuses himself. 

 

"i at that game." he tells them, jisung turns to him, telling mark he'll go for chenle instead.

 

donghyuck buts in, "you can't make your boyfriend go for you." he says to chenle who yells at him, flushing at the ears even if he doesn't deny it. so jeno says the two should team up, sacrifices jaemin to play for donghyuck. 

 

so they head back out and find a long table after agreeing, collect four caps, preparing  for war. 

 

mark as judge, they all stand at one side of the table while donghyuck cracks his fingers, "you should never go against me, young ones. i never lose." claps jaemin on the shoulder, tries to hype himself up while chenle panics. 

 

"i really want them." he mutters, pout in full effect. 

 

"don't worry, hyung. we'll win, i'm here." jisung tells him, knows he'll probably lose because there's a reason chenle calls him 'poop hands". he's clumsy. uncoordinated. these too big hands of his never do anything but make messes and fail him so he's trying to motivate himself. chenle motivates him. that's what will drive him, he decides. he knows how much chenle loves these silly snacks, how often he pleads with the younger to buy them for him when he's "forgotten" his wallet or when they're out and they stop by them. so with that, he watches donghyuck go, applaud himself when he's made his cap stop about two inches from the edge of the long table. gets a couple claps from jeno and renjun, an amazed "oh, donghyuck-ssi." from mark. 

 

chenle goes after. whines when he's made his cap stop only an inch below donghyucks, its good but it doesn't put him ahead. 

 

when jaemin goes he says he's got it. says he'll win with such confidence jisung almost cries with laughter when he flicks his cap so hard it flies off the table entirely. chenle cheers, claps for himself and jisung who keeps saying he'll do it. he'll do it. he's got this, cause chenle depends on his winning for them and chenle believes he will. 

 

so there's no way he'll lose. 

 

sighing heavy when he bends down at the table, flexing his fingers before focusing in on the cap in front of him he keeps thinking i got this, watching his finger move and holding his breath when the cap flies from right under his hand into donghyucks cap that gets flung off the table because fate, right?

 

chenle screams, real loud, glares at jisung who stares at him not cause he's judging, just cause he thinks the smile that chenle wears and the teasing wink he sends donghyucks way is so so cute

 

"i told you i'd win," jisung tuts, taking a cracker snack that chenle offers him happily after mark has declared them winner and given him his prize. "just had to trust me." 

 

"i did. i do." chenle says, rolling his eyes when jisung watches him wiggle out a dance as chenle eats a cracker before saying, "cute." instead of saying anything else but that's just jisung.