it goes without saying

my heart, can you hear it calling for you?

it should go without saying, when jisung stares and stares and stares at chenle, who can feel that he is but ignores it, that jisung wants attention. 

 

jisung only calls him hyung when he wants something, and that something right now being chenle.

 

so the older boy (by only two months) chooses to let jisung be. as he warned the younger he would, because he was busy. playing a game. very important business. eyes jisung when the younger huffs, his attempts at curling up into chenles side and trying for some affection just not working, never getting the reaction he wants. 

 

chenle ignores the way jisung sits, when he moves close. so close there's no such thing as personal space. watches chenle some more before deciding to just bump the lavender boys head with his own, once, twice, enough times that chenle whines and smacks lightly at the youngers shoulder. 

 

"what is it?" chenle asks, swatting at jisungs hands from where they worm their way around him, or try to anyway. the younger doesn't say much, gives a tiny, "just wanna watch you play your game, hyung." that should be easy enough to do without blocking the screen of his phone and breathing, in and out at chenles sheets, his hood, sighing happily when noting that chenle smells like cotton candy.  should be easy to do without his hands brushing chenles neck, the small hairs and the skin of his arms just because he's bored. apparently watching. 

 

eventually when chenle has lost a round of his game for the seventh time in a row since park jisung found it satisfying to nose at his cheek, bump heads again. rest his face against chenles shoulder and hum quietly. its his fault for distracting chenle. so he tries hard not to smile when he tosses his phone somewhere off to his side before announcing he's going to nap. doesn't get all warm and happy when jisung presses his face into chenles chest before telling him he'll just wait for him to wake up. 

 

sometimes it goes without saying that chenle doesnt hate when jisung wants affection.