I'm your owner!

SOLD

"Hyunseung-sshi..."

Shocked to the very core, the Item froze. He stared at the young heir before him, whose eyes were looking into his own. Before Junhyung could speak another word, his lips were taken again. He had no idea where to place his hands, which were pretty much outwards from his body. He was conflicted whether to push his Owner off or pull him in for more. Their lips continued to touch for what seemed like an eternity.

Junhyung stepped back. Another step. Another. He then fell back onto his bed, Hyunseung on top of him. They parted for a moment. Junhyung was lost and didn't know how to respond. They just looked at one another. When Hyunseung was about to kiss Junhyung again, the latter reacted by turning his head. When he did this, the former was disappointed and stood up. He sat beside Junhyung who sat up seconds later.

"I'm sorry..." Hyunseung apologized. "I don't know what came over me." He felt embarrasshed and shy all of a sudden, contrast to his aggressive behavior moments earlier.

"Hyunseung-sshi."

"Yes?"

"Maybe..." Junhyung bit his lip. In his heart, he knew what he wanted. In his mind, he knew what was right. "...we should forget this ever happened."

"Excuse me?"

"I-I don't mean to offend. I liked the kis--I mean! I don't hate it but...I just--"

"I get it." Hyunseung stood up. Without looking at Junhyung, "Goodnight." and the Owner left his Item's room. 

Junhyung was lost again. When his owner left, his hand responded on its own and reached out for Hyunseung. He heaved out a sigh and beat his chest with his fist. 'I'm such an idiot'

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Next day.

Hyunseung spent the day in his room, reading document after document regarding the private Obyul gathering and the shares of his family. He kept himself busy on purpose, as to not have a reason to look for or think about his Item.

"Young Master..." Junhyung tried to get his attention "...your dinner is ready."

Nothing.

The heir didn't budge from his usual spot--his blue 4-wheeled leather chair facing away from his bedroom's front door. Whoever came in, they'd only view the back of his head. Hyunseung liked it this way. No distractions. The air between the two was cold. Junhyung finally learned that when his Owner is upset, the silence tears you apart.

Junhyung looked out the door to see if anyone would be coming in. He closed the door.

"Please tell me what's the matter, Hyunseung-sshi."

"Nothing's the matter."

"You've been avoiding me on purpose."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Junhyung was at his wit's end. He briskly walked towards Hyunseung's chair and spun him around to face him. He placed his hands on either side of the arm rest and leaned close to Hyunseung. "You're avoiding me. I want you to stop it."

Hyunseung pushed his Item off. "Don't talk to me that way!" Hyunseung was furious. 

"I am your owner! Items don't treat their Owners this way! Shut up and do your work!"

"Hyunseung-sshi..."

"And don't call me Hyunseung-sshi... call me Young Master."

"Wh-What?" 

"You heard me. Last night, I thought we had reached some kind of mutual understanding for one another... I guess I was wrong. I was terribly wrong. An Owner-Item relationship is what you want, right? That's what you're getting. Now, leave me the f-ck alone." Hyunseung went back to reading the documents on his table but noticed his Item had not left his side. He stood up, angrily, and pushed Junhyung out of his room. 

"Unless I call for you, don't come near me!" and slammed the large bedroom door on Junhyung's face.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hyunseung had been avoiding Junhyung for the entire week. Whenever Hyunseung had to leave the mansion, he'd usually request Junhyung to accompany him; however, ever since the incident, situations have changed. Hyunseung would request Sohyun to join him, other times Gayoon. Junhyung was forced to serve the Young Madam Geurim as the other Items were called for.

And that evening.

Junhyung arrived at the Item's kitchen, soaking wet. 

"What happened to you, son?" asked Butler Hong.

"Young Madam Geurim wanted her milk low-fat and not skim..."

Butler Hong held in his laugher, "Pfft...I see..."

"I'll be heading to my room now..."

"Wait." 

"Yes?"

"I've noticed that Young Master Hyunseung has not been asking for you. Why is that?"

"I-I'm not sure."

"Young man, I'm aging but not stupid. You've developed feelings, haven't you?"

The 18-year old was shocked. "How..."

"30 years in the business." He took a sip of his warm tea before continuing, "Did you do anything in particular to the Young Master?"

"No! Of course not!" 'Actually he was the one that--'

"Then, it was he that made a move?"

Junhyung was taken aback.

"Ah. I think what's best is for you to speak to him."

"But... he hates me. You've seen him, right? He won't look at me, talk to me... I'm practically invisible to him."

"That's probably because he's denying what he is feeling. He's an Obyul heir. His ego takes over and you should know this by now."

"I...guess..."

Butler Hong finished up his tea and gave Junhyung one last piece of advice, "If you want to make things right, you need to initiate and take action. Or else... ah, I'm sure you know what will happen if you don't. Good look, boy."

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Junhyung continued to reflect on Butler Hong's advice. He didn't know if it was right for him to like Hyunseung so much. Somehow, liking Hyunseung came naturally but... he was still unsure. But he knew he wanted to fix what had been broken. He decided to talk to Hyunseung. He opened the door quietly and peeked inside, "Young Master, I--What the... WHO ARE YOU?!"

A masked man dressed in black was standing at Hyunseung's bedside. Junhyung ran to the man and grabbed him by the arms. The man retaliated by pushing Junhyung but his strength didn't match up. Junhyung seized one of the man's arms and did the arm lock; kicked him at the back of the knee. The man fell on his front, face flat on the floor. 

"What's going on?!" Hyunseung had awoken from his sleep and quickly went to Junhyung.

"This guy was trying to attack you!" 

"No, I wasn't!" shouted the masked man. Junhyung removed the mask.

 Hyunseung was greatly dismayed. "Yoon Doojoon?!"

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Finally.. I finished this chapter. *phew* I left you with another cliffhanger. Haha. Who is Yoon Doojoon in the story? You can check him out in the FOREWORD. But then, what's he doing in Hyunseung's room?? OMO.

I've already planned until Chapter 11! ^^ Chapter 10 will be... hehe. my favorite. you'll find out soon.

Comment. Subcribe. UPVOTE~ <3