A Kiss

SOLD

Junhyung stayed by Hyunseung's bedside for hours after the poisoning incident. Master Jang and Madam Jang arrived to check up on their son. At first, the parents blamed everything on Junhyung claiming he had poisoned their son for some plot; however, it was disproven since Junhyung was nowhere near the the champaigne offered to Hyunseung and Junhyung had been by Hyunseung's side the entire time at the ball. Although the Jang couple continued to be angered by their son's item, they let it go and continued to pray for the health of their son. After hearing their son had been rushed to the hospital, who wouldn't be scared?

It's been five hours. Hyunseung hasn't yet awoken. The clock struck one in the morning and Junhyung didn't feel tired at all. The Master and Madam of the Jang houseold decided to come back in the morning. Staying in a hospital was not part of their plan and they weren't prepared. Once the couple had gone, Junhyung was left alone in the private hospital room with the unconscious heir. The Item watched over his Owner with care.

After waiting for a while more, the young Item had fallen asleep--his head rested on Hyunseung's bedside.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Mrrnn..." the heir groaned. He opened his eyes slowly--vision clearing. "Where am I..." he uttered. His vision was still unclear but he could sense his surroundings. He was not in his room but it looked like a suite. Seeing as there was an IV drip beside him, he deducted he's in the hospital. He turned his head to the opposite side to find someone sleeping, nesting on his arm. When his eyesight cleared up, he looked at the face. "Junhyung-sshi?"

His voice was coarse, too soft to be heard. He gained his consciousness, nearly so, and checked the time on the clock hanging above the doorway. "One-Fifty..." Hyunseung looked at the window and saw dark-violet covered in the glass. "...in the morning..."

He wanted to sit up so he squirmed in his bed which led to Junhyung's awakening.

"Hyunseung-sshi... Hyunseung-sshi?!" Junhyung woke up and panicked. "You're awake! I'll all your parents!"

Junhyung was about to run outside but he felt Hyunseung's hand grip his wrist.

"No! Please don't call them... not now... and you're being too loud..."

"Sorry..." Junhyung sat back down on his chair. "What do you want me to do?"

"Just... stay here..."

"I'll get you some water." 

Hyunseung watched his Item rummage through the refrigerator, gathering medicine, fruits and water. Junhyung helped him sit upright and placed the tray stand on his lap.

"Do you have energy?" Junhyung asked.

"Not really..."

Junhyung handed the glass to his Owner and helped him drink a third of its volume.

"You'll feel better if you eat something. We have to get that poison out of you. The doctor said it wasn't just diswashing liquid but other kinds of chemicals. He said it's good you didn't drink your whole glass or it could've been fatal."

"Really..." Hyunseug could only laugh about it. He didn't know who in their right mind would want him gone. He hasn't done anything... yet.

Junhyung wet a towel and wiped Hyunseung's forehead. "You were getting a fever. It's gone down but... I have to make sure."

Hyunseung wa surprised by Junhyung's caring nature. He found it comforting, to say the least. "Why are you good at this?" the heir question with much curiousity.

"Good at what?"

"This... being an Item. You don't look like you're being forced. It's like, you do care about others."

Junhyung smiled, "I guess that's how I am."

"You didn't seem like the type at first. You looked a bit angry at the beginning."

"Did I?"

"Yeah. I put in a lot of effort to make you feel comfortable."

"Well, being away from my mom and brother did stop me from being comfortable at first but the other Items helped me and" Junhyung paused.

"Hm? What's the matter?"

"The Items helped me and... you helped me, too. You made me feel at home. I thought you'd be stuck up and bratty. I just heard so much from the slums about the Obyul and how trecherous everyone is but you proved me wrong. I think that's one of the reasons why I like y--" Junhyung bit his tongue and awkwardly stopped himself from finishing his sentence.

Hyunseung's eyes widened. Did he just hear what he was about to hear? Was he mistaken? "What was that?"

"It's just one of the reasons why I like staying here! Yeah! You're kind and I'm glad you're my Owner, that's all. Haha, I'll get you more water." He nervously got up from his seat and went to the refrigerator at the other side of the room. He could hear his Owner giggle. He didn't realize it yet but maybe... just maybe... he was falling for his Owner. It couldn't be love but... liking someone couldn't hurt.

  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"We're home!" Geurim joyously shouted. "Ugh, being in the same car as my sick brother. Why must misfortune befall on little ol' me?"

"Shut up, Geurim-ah."

Hyunseung slightly pushed his sister away from the front door of their mansion, and laughed after seeing his sister stumble on her feet. The two may not be on the best of terms but the Jang siblings, deep down, showed affection for one another--whatever little affection their bickering is called.

"Are you sure you're okay, dear? Don't you want to stay in the hospital longer?" asked Madam Jang to her son.

"I'm okay. I don't want to stay in that foresaken hospital room anymore. Besides, the doctor said I'm fine. I just need to drink more water so I can get the poison out of my system."

"Alright. If you're sure." She touched her son's cheek with her palm, only wanting what's best for him. As her son left to go to his bedroom, she stopped Junhyung from walking. 

Madam Jang stared down Junhyung, with a glint of hatred in her eyes. "If anything bad happens to my son, I'll be sure to get rid of you first. Do you understand?" Junhyung just nodded in response. He was let go and he caught up to Hyunseung. When he felt he was at a good distance, he whispered to Hyunseung who was right in front of him.

"Your mother is scary"

"You only figured that out now?"

The two laughed. 

Once inside Hyunseung's bedroom, the two shared an awkward silence. Junhyung cleared his throat, "Ahem... I'll go ahead to my room. If you need anything, just call for me."

"Hey, Junhyung-sshi... about... the Obyul ball a few nights ago."

"What about it?"

"You heard me talk to Kim Hyuna, didn't you? You didn't just arrive then."

"If you didn't want me to hear anything, I didn't hear a word." And he left, the air in the room still uneasy.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Junhyung closed his bedroom door and leaned against it. His heart almost pounding out of his chest like drums. It's too much for him already. He didn't expect to fall for someone... he didn't expect it at all. He promised that he'd will himself to hate his Owner to the point he'd try to escape but it seemed difficult now. He had no urge to leave Hyunseung's side but being by his side already felt like torture.

A knock on the door. Maybe it was his Owner. 'So soon?' Junhyung thought.

"Is there something you nee--"

A kiss. A soft kiss on his lips. Junhyung's mind went blank. He was kissing someone--no, someone was kissing him! When the second party pulled away, Junhyung blinked countless times. It couldn't be. The person standing in front of him.

"Hyunseung-sshi..."

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

What a nice way to end this chapter, eh? With a kiss~ ^_^ And initiated by Hyunseung! Woo hoo~!

Please leave a comment. UPVOTE. subscribe.

More to come!