One

Stay the Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone! I'm back for a story that came across my mind. I need to have it written so writer's block won't kill me. Anyways I won't be abandoning the other fics that I have, don't worry.
Please be patient and thank you for the love and support!

-----

 


It's a nice Friday night, a perfect time to go out and drink.
Seulgi, though unfamiliar with the city she's in, she still went out for some drinks.
She found a cozy bar at the center of the city. She scanned the bar from the outside through the glass windows, there aren't much people so she decided to go inside and sit by the bar counter.

She was greeted by the bartender.
"Hello, good evening. Welcome to COAL, what can I get you?"

She quite understood the phrase that was said in English.

"Beer please." She just said not knowing what to get and she was afraid to make any mistakes in speaking on English. She was not a fan of beer but that will do for now. She just needed some alcohol on her system.

She just sat on the stool by the bar counter while waiting for her beer to arrive. She once again scanned the place, it was cozy, there was music and a dancefloor. The music wasn't too loud but the people chattering makes the place a bit noisy.
Her thoughts were interrupted when the bartender gave her the bottle of beer she ordered and a menu book.
She started drinking the beer and man, it was horrible. It tastes like an old man's beer.

Disappointed on what she drank, she scanned the menu book.
She wanted to drink but not to the point where she can't go back to her hotel room so she decided to get some whiskey and cola plus some chips to munch on.

"Ekskyus meh." Seulgi said loudly in English as the bartender is kinda far away from where she was seated but the man seemed not to notice her.
"Ekskyus me bartenda! I want to order." She said again but the bartender's still busy flirting with a customer.


"Ah this is frustrating." She said to herself in Korean.

"Are you alright?" A woman speaks in Korean.

She looked at her right and a small woman who looks like a bunny is approaching her.

"Need help?" The woman said in Korean.

"Yes, sorry to bother you. I want to order something but the bartender.. I think he can't understand my english." Seulgi said to the woman who is now seated beside her.

"No biggie. What do you wanna order, I'll do it for you."

Seulgi said what she wanted.

"Excuse me, Billy." The woman called out the bartender.
"My friend here wanted some whiskey cola and chips." The woman said as the bartender approached her.

"Sure, lemme get her some whiskey cola and chips."


"Are you new in town?" The woman asked Seulgi.

"No. I'm a tourist, I think. I'm visiting someone." Seulgi said.

"Oh, are you with this someone?"

"Oh no, I came here alone. I needed some alcohol in my system. I only know a few English phrases so I'm having a hard time." Seulgi said shyly.

"You're fine. By the way, I'm Irene and you're?"

"Seulgi. You're a Korean or?"

"I'm a Korean. Irene's my English name."

 

"Sorry to disturb you, Irene. Whiskey cola and chips for your friend." The bartender interrupted them.


"So you said you're visiting someone, Seulgi?"

"Ah, I'm visiting the love of my life but I think I misunderstood what she wants so here I am giving myself a drink." Seulgi said as she drinks her whiskey cola.


'Did I heard it right? She? It's been a long time since I met a Korean who's either biual or gay.' Irene thought.

"Thanks for your help but I don't want to take you away from your date or friends." Seulgi said.

"Do you mind if I stay here for a bit? My boyfriend's on the restroom, probably taking a and that means I'll wait for him for half an hour to one max while he's doing his job." Irene said.

"Yeah it's fine if you don't mind sitting beside me."

"It's been a long time since I spoke to a fellow Korean, so I won't mind sitting beside you and talking to you." Irene smiled.
"What do you do in Korea, Seulgi?" Irene asked.

"I'm an artist, I paint and draw and I'm also a freelance photographer. What about you? You seem like a local here, I thought you weren't a Korean."

"I'm taking med school here. A post graduate course actually. It's my final year.. So, tell me what happend, why are you drinking alone on a bar in the middle of central London?" Irene said, she ordered a cocktail drink to accompany her fellow Korean.

"So the love of my life asked me to visit her. Me being dumb and in love, I said yes. She said she wanted me to take pictures for her. Neither did I know it was for her prenup shoot. She never mentioned any boyfriend or what so I was hoping I could ask her out finally but dang, I was dumb to say yes without asking what's the shoot for. I'm not fluent in English and I don't know anyone here but I flew all the way from Korea to England just for her." Seulgi drank all the remaining whiskey cola she got on her glass and ordered another one.

"Aw. That's unfortunate but don't you think it's destiny, Seulgi? I always wanted to bump to a fellow Korean but the odds are not on my side all these times but look, we met here. You're heart broken and I'm stressed out of med school."


"I don't believe in those stuff but I think we're just both lucky we met each other here. So where are you from, in Korea?"

"Daegu, I think you can tell by my Satoori accent. And you?"

"Ansan, Gyeonggi. But I'm staying in Seoul after I dropped out of college."

"Oh, what scholl were you in? I studied pre-med at Dongguk."

"Really? I never saw you at the campus!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter