Chapter 2: Are we ready?

Cloud Nine?

Hello!!! Wow, new subscribers!! love that for me lol. Anyway,s not muhc to say aside from thank u for commenting and subscribing, pls enjoy this chapter, and uh...yeah! goodbye au revoir adios!!!

 

Wonwoo was tired.

 

He spent all night formulating his amazing, perfect, 10/10 plan to fool Jeonghan and Seungcheol. 

 

His notebook was ripped, scratched at, and scribbled in as his finished product laid in it.

 

Wonwoo knew that Jeonghan wasn't a -well, when he chose not to be one, that is- and would be able to tell that their relationship was fabricated, so he decided that as boyfriend and boyfriend, Mingyu and Wonwoo would each have to surprise each other with dates and gifts over the three months they'd be together.

 

Wonwoo thought for awhile about how long they'd make the relationship and settled for three months. Anything before that would be too short lived and wouldn't prove much to Jeonghan. If their relationship ended quickly, he'd assume that they didn't match from the get-go. As for anything OVER three months, it'd make their relationship too serious. Wonwoo and Mingyu didn't like each other romantically, but platonically, they got along great. They both agreed that they wanted to be friends after their fake-dating period, but if their relationship lasted more than three months, there would be too much history there for them to be friends had it be a real relationship. This would also prove to Jeonghan that they DID like each other and gave it enough time, ultimately deciding against the continuation of their relationship. 

 

Now, as for the hard part, they had to make their break up clean enough to not raise any eyebrows while still making it so that their friendship could live on.

 

They decided to play it safe and say that their relationship wasn't working because of time restraints and overloads from homework. As annoying and obnoxious as Jeonghan could be, he wouldn't want either of them to ignore their studies for a relationship, even if he was the catalyst for it. Jeonghan was too parental to the two of them to pester them over that. 

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu both reviewed each others schedules and decided on times that they could hang out and be together, preferably with Jeonghan and/or Seungcheol present to witness. 

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu even spent the night together at Mingyu’s dorm reviewing everything.

 

Wonwoo was never allowed to have sleepovers, so this was a treat for him.

 

They finished their plan before binge watching Molang on netflix, despite Mingyu’s roommate’s complaints. 

 

They realized last night that they got along extremely well, so much so that them fake dating would be a breeze.

 

They were set. 

 

Wonwoo texted Mingyu to come over to his dorm so that they could tell Jeonghan and Seungcheol the good news. 

 

"You don't feel bad for this?" Seokmin asked, sitting up on his bed as he watched Wonwoo pace back and forth between the confines of their dorm.

 

Seokmin was Wonwoo's roomate of three years. He, too, was friends with Jeonghan and Seungcheol, but made it a point to keep his lovelife out of their ears. 

 

"Nope." Wonwoo shook his head. "I don't want them all up in my business anymore, so I'll do whatever I need to do to get them out of it."

 

Seokmin shrugged. 

 

"Understandable." He stretched his arms before forcing himself out of his bed. "Good luck my guy. Oh, can I meet him?"

 

"He'll be here in a moment, so sure." Wonwoo checked his phone for the time. "Any minute-"

 

The knock at the door startled the disheveled Seokmin as he made his way to the door. 

 

"Wonwoo!" Seokmin called. "Mingyu is here!" He smiled at Mingyu as he held his hand out him to shake. "I'm Seokmin."

 

"Mingyu." He nodded his head, letting himself in. He sighed as he threw his backpack to the floor. "Hectic day."

 

"Well, it's gonna get worse, honey." Wonwoo snickered to himself. He turned to Seokmin. “How do you think they’re gonna react?”

 

“To this?” Seokmin pointed to the two of them. “Oh, they’ll ing FLIP. Literally, they might actually do a backflip for you two.”

 

Mingyu plopped himself down onto Wonwoo’s bed, scratching the back of his head. “Yeah… it’s gonna be a mess. But hey, it’ll only be for three months!” 

 

“What, you’re already dreading this?” Wonwoo jokingly teased. He checked his watch, deciding that it would be best for them to leave now. “You ready?”

 

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Mingyu forced himself up, smiling again to Seokmin before following Wonwoo’s lead out the door.

 

They discussed on the way to Jeonghan and Seunghcheols dorm how they’d announce it and deal with the reactions, but they knew that they’d only be able to prepare for so much before it became overwhelming. 

 

“You’re WHAT?” Jeonghan shrieked in excitement. “Really?!” 

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Wonwoo mumbled, making himself comfortable on Seungcheol's bed.”

 

“How did it happen?” Seungcheol asked. “I mean...no offense to us, but this has never happened before!”

 

“It’s literally not that deep.” Mingyu shook his head. “We just like each other. That’s all.”

 

“Yeah, but…”Jeonghan trailed off. “Anyways, now that we’re all in relationships, we can go on double dates!” 

 

Wonwoo groaned. 

 

He knew it was coming, but that didn’t make the blow any less painful. 

 

“I guess…” Mingyu started. “But it’s not a big deal, so don’t make it one, alright?” 

 

Seungcheol and Jeonghan nodded. 

 

They had their fingers crossed behind their backs, but they nodded.

 

“It’s settled then!” Jeonghan grinned at the three of them. 

 

Jeonghan knew that he could be annoying, but he was glad that his pestering worked out for the best. 

 

At least that’s what he thought he had done. 


 

-



 

“So,” Wonwoo stared up at the ceiling to Mingyu’s dorm. “How do we think that went?”

 

“We?” Mingyu kicked his shoes off, joining Wonwoo on his bed. 

 

“Well...you say your opinion, I say mine...and then we come to a conclusion.” He shrugged. 

 

“What do you think?” Mingyu asked his roomate, Seungkwan.

 

“I don’t ing know.” He snapped, annoyed that he was bothered from watching his show. “You es...honestly.” He shook his head. 

 

“Hey…” Wonwoo pouted. “It’s cause he doesn’t know them, that’s why.”

 

“Yeah. Kwan, if you had to deal with the ery that we deal with on the reg, you’d be doing the same .”

 

“How does your roommate feel about this?” Seungkwan asked. 

 

“Seokmin feels the same way that you do, but he’s way nicer about it.” Wonwoo twiddled his fingers. “You guys are pretty similar.”

 

“Don’t say that.” Seungkwan sneered at them. “Seokmin is nothing like me. I am actually talented.” He huffed, turning away from them.

 

“Seokmin and him are in the same musical classes and they’re always tied.” Mingyu shook his head. “The tea though, is that Kwan totally has a thing for him.”

 

“Oh, off.” He scoffed at them. “I have Hansol, anyways.”

 

“He’s STRAIGHT.” Mingyu reminded him. “He’s dating…whatever her name is…. The stoner girl-”

 

“Eunwoo? Never heard of her.” Seungkwan snapped his fingers.

 

“He didn’t even name her.” Wonwoo chimed in. 

 

“...Anyways.” Seungkwan continued. “Your idea is stupid and it will never work. I don’t know Jeonghan and Seungcheol personally, but they’re going to realize sooner rather than later that y’all are fake.” 

 

Wonwoo begrudgingly sat up from Mingyu’s bed.

 

“Well, on that note, I’m gonna head out.”

 

 He gave Mingyu a hug goodbye as he exited, making sure to wave back at Seungkwan, who gave him no attention. 

       

 

He thought about Seungkwan’s words (Something that very limited people do), as he walked back to his dorms. Wonwoo knew that he was trying to fool weren’t stupid, but for some reason, he felt like he would have no problem trying to fool them anyways.

 

He didn’t know how to explain it.

 

He just felt that he vibed well with Mingyu, and that they got along extremely well.