Chapter one: Will this work?

Cloud Nine?

Hello! Oh boy...so this fanfiction is actually a redo of one that I wrote two years ago. It's called 'Then came my cute fake boyfriend" and it was...well... not the greatest thing i've ever written. After two years, I've decided to redo it. I'll be slightly changing some things along the way, but I just...felt that this fic could use some enhancing and better overall vocabulary. It's still going to be kept up on asianfanfictions for nostalgia sake (as well as a way for me to help move the plot along when I get stuck), but I'm going to try and make this fanfiction as good as I possibly can. Anyways, without further ado, please enjoy and subscribe and comment! It really helps to get comments so I know how i'm doing and whether my writing style needs to be fixed. 

 

 

"No, Jeonghan." Wonwoo sighed as he shrunk back into his seat. "Not that guy again."

"He was really into you, though!" Jeonghan chimed as he continued his pestering ways. "He texted me last night to let me know!" 

This was the third guy that Wonwoo had been set up with by Jeonghan and Seungcheol, and he was sick of it.

He knew that he was a loner, but come on, it's not that bad...right?

"We just...don't want you to be alone next year, you know?" Seungcheol slumped down into his seat. "Who are you gonna hang out with next year?"

"My...other friends?" Wonwoo shook his head. "You guys aren't the only people I know, you know." 

"Yeah, alright." Jeonghan smirked to himself. "Anyways, if you didn't fancy Hyungwon, I have one more friend from work who you'd /love/."

Wonwoo shook his head as he stood up from his seat, readying himself for his next class. 

"No thanks, but if I ever decide to drop you two, I'll take you on that offer." 

"Hey!" Seungcheol shouted after him. "You'd never be able to get away from us, you know! We aren't that bad, anyways!"

Wonwoo knew that this wouldn't be the last of them trying to set him up, as well as that he was stuck with his loving friends for life, but god could they be annoying.

"Wait!" Jeonghan called after him as he hurridly rushed to his side. "I forgot to ask; Cheol and I made dinner reservations tonight at Nexus but he has his job interview so do you want to join me?"

"Uh...yeah, sure.See ya!" Agreed before rushing off to his next class. 

Little did he know what Jeonghan had in store for him.

-

"Name, please?" 

"Kim Mingyu. Oh! But it might be under the name Yoon Jeonghan." Mingyu said, fumbling his words.

Why'd he pick such a nice resturant...

The waitress seated Mingyu at his table, leaving him to ponder a bit.

Mingyu had never talked to Jeonghan outside of work, so his request was a bit out of the blue. Not to mention, the resturant he chose was awfully nice considering their platonic relationship. 

He waived the feeling off, however, as he began to become comfortable with the his surroundings. 

Well, I guess two friends could get together here-

Mingyus thoughts were cut short, however, as another man who he'd never met before arrived at his table.

"Oh." The man started. "This can't be correct. I don't know that man." 

"You're under the name 'Yoon Jeonghan', right?" The waitress asked.

The man nodded his head, looking back at Mingyu, who sat dumbfound. 

"You too?" He asked. 

"Yeah..." Mingyu trailed off. 

He didn't...

"Mr. Yoon left these for you two." The waitress said, taking two envelopes out of her apron, placing them on the table. "Have fun!"

Mingyu stared down at the letters before situating himself down in the seat across from the other person, quickly tearing the envelope to retrieve his letter.

"So! Since you decided to give up on love completely, I decided to set you up on a date without you knowing! His name is Jeon Wonwoo, he's a junior accounting major, and he is super fun to hang out with! Have fun, and don't be too mad at me and Cheol...you know we are only doing this because we looooove you Gyu. Anyways, tell me how it goes tomorrow!"

Mingyu looked up to meet the other's eyes as he leaned back in his chair. 

"So...do they set you up often?" He asked.

"All the damn time." Wonwoo sighed. "I'm Wonwop, by the way. Jeon Wonwoo." He leaned his hand out to shake Mingyus hand. 

"Mingyu." He added. "So...although this isn't a date...you wanna stay with me for dinner? Apperently it's paid for, so."

Wonwoo thought for a minute before deciding that yeah, why not.

Free food? Every college kids dream.

After their small talk, they found themselves chitchatting about their annoyance with Jeonghan and Seungcheols interfering ways.

"They set me up on a date last week with a guy who brought his cat with him on the date!" Wonwoo exclaimed, giggling at the situation. "I was so..confused?"

"Who would do that?" Mingyu laughed along. "I swear, they find the weirdest people."

"I know they do it out of love, but sometimes I wish they'd lay off." Wonwoo shook his head. 

"I don't think they'll ever lay off of us until we get ourselves into a relationship." Mingyu sighed, downing the last of the wine they'd ordered. "More specifically, ones that they set us up on."

Wonwoo nodded in agreement, tilting his head back to stare at the ceiling. Wonwoo had thought about that too; on ways to get the duo off of his back. He had made a plan but wasn't sure who would agree to it. He debated a lot on whether he'd ask the next person he was set up with to agree but always second guessed himself. Mingyu, however...he was different. Although he didn't feel anything romanctic, they got along decently well, and clearly felt the same way about the duo and their pestering ways. 

"Okay...so this is gonna sound crazy." Wonwoo started, moving back to face Mingyu. "but what if we showed them that a relationship that they set up didn't work?"

"That would be wonderful if I could end up liking one of the guys they set me up on." Mingyu crossed his arms. "Why?"

"Well, I've read in tons of books that sometimes people will 'Fake Date' to get their friends to lay off of them."Wonwoo shrugged. "We get along pretty well as friends. I wouldn't mind pretending to date you for a little bit and then breaking it off. 

"You mean you wouldn't want to date me for real?" Mingyu said sarcastically, giggling at Wonwoo's proposition. "I'm intrigued, but I'd need time to think about it." 

Mingyus heart began to race. Although he didn't know Wonwoo for very long, his interest in him was relatively large as comepared to the others he'd been thrown into dates with. Going on another date with Wonwoo didn't seem like a terrible idea to him, but he knew that Wonwoo must've been set up with awful people and might not be trusting of Jeonghans judgement.

"I mean..." Mingyu started. "It's a good plan...but knowing Jeonghan, he'd ask so many questions and ask us to go on double dates, and...it might get kind of tricky, no?" 

Wonwoo nodded, staring down at the table to think.

He was correct on that, for sure. Jeonghan loved the idea of involving himself in their lovelife even when one didn't exist for them. How'd he react if they did have one?

"Well...we can ask for personal space? Jeonghan is a nursing major and Seungcheol is...I don't know what he is, to be honest. But he's something. They're gonna be busy once the school year really starts to pick up. " 

It was only October, so there were no big exams or anything to look out for as yet.

Mingyu twiddled his thumbs as he looked through the dessert menu. 

"Well...as long as you're prepared for Jeonghan's outlandish behavior and Seungcheols.... whetever the hell he contributes to Jeonghans planning, I'm down." Mingyu grinned. 

"Really?" Wonwoo was suprised that his plan was about to become a reality. "I..awesome!" 

Wonwoo let out a sigh of relief. Although he knew it was a long shot, he was thankful that Mingyu had agreed to his strange plan.

Now all that they had to do was pretend to like each other, which wouldn't be hard...

right?

 

Hello again! I know this chapter is short, but I promise the next one will have more to offer! Anyways, thank you guys so much for reading n...yeah! Have a great day uwu.