006 - the third wish

Thick And Thin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jisoo had no idea where this had gone wrong. She thought she was a meticulous person, she always went by schedule. She checked it regularly and she stuck into it. It might be a bothersome for some people, like, she tended to do it a bit complicatedly with all the days-counting and the after-pills, but she did that because she was allergic to protection rubber. When she talked about it with Yixing, they agreed that her current methods were the best option to prevent pregnancy despite the inconvenience with all the -scheduled thingies.

So when suddenly she got two lines at the pregnancy tests, she just didn't get how it could happen in the first place? Where had this gone wrong?

She shut her eyes, trying to recall all the intimacies that she had had for the past two months. If anything, they actually didn't do it too often when compared to their activities in the previous months due to their busy schedule. It was past fertility window when they did those several ones before Paris, she remembered it clearly because she got her period two days after the last one. It was also the same with ones after Beijing, Jisoo actually took some after-pills just for the precaution because those days were supposed to be her fertile-week. And they didn't do any these past two weeks, so what had gone wrong?

She bit her thumb, again, asking herself where had it gone wrong. The timeline replayed for the second time in her head, and this reality just struck her like a sledgehammer when she realized something.

Ribeauvillé!

She went back to that specific day to replay what happened that morning after Yixing got the phonecall. She remembered her taking shower, and she remembered taking the after-pill when Yixing called and her phone rang...

No.

Rewind.

She remembered holding the pill in her hand, she was about to take it when Yixing called her from outside the room to get ready. And at the same time, her phone rang, and it was her mother, and Jisoo took the call right away... and did she take the pill or not? Why couldn't she remember it?

Jisoo folded her knees and rested her forehead on them, hands running through her hair. She tr ied to remember harder.

She remembered Yixing's exact words, telling her to get down right away as he'd done putting their luggage into the car. And right after she replied to him, her phone rang. The pill was still in her hand. And she remembered swiping her phone to take her mom's call and walked out of the bathroom...

. She put the pill next to the glass and just left it untaken.

It was quite a messy morning that she was distracted over a phone and Yixing's call, she forgot to take her pill! And she recalled Yixing mentioned that she was unusually warm the night earlier, she recalled all the symptoms which she said all because of the wine. The rising heat of her body temperature and the slight pain in her pelvis, they always happened when she was ovulating.

.

. . 

Jisoo, you're an idiot! She groaned in desperation.

How could she miss it, she's so idiot! 

Her body felt so weak now, she couldn't move at all with the shock attack. What should she do now? She couldn't have this, she's not ready yet. What should she say to Yixing? They didn't expect to have any kid in the near future, what would she do now? Should she have an abortion? It's the only that could do because she couldn't have this. Not now.

"Baobei, are you okay?"

She heard Yixing sprinted in and crouched in front of her. He pushed her shoulder upright to check on her, but Jisoo was too ashamed to look at him in the eyes that she covered her face with both hands instead.

"I'm sorry," It's the only thing she could say.

"Why? what happened?" he looked confused. He then took the pregnancy test stick on her lap, inspecting it carefully. "What does it mean?" he asked again. But seeing that Jisoo could give him no answer, he turned the stick around to read the instruction, and that's when she heard him gasp.

"Oh, my God, you're pregnant? But how..." 

The tears started running down her face as she put down her hands, "I messed up. I'm sorry. I was distracted, it's not supposed to be happening. I'm so sorry." she said regretfully. 

She really was at lost of words that she had no idea to say it better. She's the one who wanted to not having a baby, but she's also the one who ruined it for them. It was too shameful, she felt so bad for him. But instead of being upset, she didn't expect Yixing to act the other way around.

He only scoffed and started to chuckle, "Don't be sorry, Baobei. Oh, my God, you're pregnant. I can't believe it. It's great, isn't it? We're going to be parents, it's so unexpected." 

Jisoo frowned. This was not exactly what she expected coming from him. She didn't expect him to be excited, he's showing her the wrong expression in hearing this fact. It wasn't a good sign.

"Oh, God, thank you. We should tell everyone, Baobei..." and he was about to rise when Jisoo caught his arms in an instant. She held his arms still so he wouldn't move and she threw him the look of disbelief.

"No, we're not telling anyone. What are you doing? We have the deal!" she exclaimed,

"Listen to me, Baobei..."

"No, you listen to me, Yixing. Who said I'm going to keep this? You've heard me clearly that we won't have any kids for at least until three years. You agreed to this, what are you doing now? I'm not keeping this, Yixing. I don't want it." 

It was silence after that. For a few moments Yixing froze speechlessly, and seeing that she had the moment to end this conversation, Jisoo took it right away by pushing him away to try to rise only to have Yixing held her back, just the same way she did a moment before.

"You can't not keeping this. For God's sake, what is on your mind?" he probed, his voice was awkwardly soft, as if he was trying to hold back himself from losing it.

"I'm not having this conversation with you, Yixing, my word is final. I'm going to do an abortion." She squirmed from his grip, but it didn't work at all with the power that he had.

"No, you won't. I won't let you. You can't do this. I have a right to have my say. It's my child too." he argued, his forehead was deep in the frown.

And she snapped, "But this my body! the only right to decide what to do with it is mine! You agreed with this, Yixing, you said you're going to be supportive!" she just couldn't help it. She didn't expect that Yixing would be against her in this when they had had the deal before, she just couldn't believe the change of his mind.

"I agreed, and was being supportive, for not trying to have kids with you. But now that it's really here, I can't just ignore the fact that it's a living being," he said by emphasizing some words that he meant to propose. "Please, Baobei, I know it's your body, but it's our child. We're not a sinner, it exists because we love each other. I'll be always here for you, I promise, you will never be alone to have this. Let me take care of you, believe me, we'll be okay. You'll be okay."

"No!" she yanked her hands back, now that he tried to negotiate with her, it sparked her anger. Yixing knew exactly that it wasn't in her plan, he knew how she'd been trying to prevent herself from having this to happen. She knew best it was her fault, but when he tried to talk it out with her after knowing all that, she couldn't accept this. What was he thinking?!

"No!" she snapped it on him, "It's the last time I say it to you. I am NOT keeping this, and you don't get to say anything, because this is my body. And I do what I want with my body. Now leave me alone!"

She squirmed from his grip again, much stronger this time. She wanted to show him that she's the one who's making the decision, and no one could stop what she wanted to do even though he's begging her not to. Jisoo didn't care what he would think or say about this, it's her life anyway not his. And she wouldn't let him have the chance to compromise it with her.

Or so she thought.

Yixing let her go when she rose up and she was making her way to leave the room when his words suddenly made her stop.

"I still have my third wish." he repeated his words when Jisoo turned around to face him, "And you don't get to say no, because you've promised you'll do anything."

The third wish, Jisoo totally never expected that this thing was still around. She even almost forgot that it still existed. Yixing never talked about it since the last time he had his first and second wishes back in Beijing last year, and she couldn't believe that he found the worst timing in using it. She totally couldn't believe that he used it to sabotage her decision over the matter of her life.

"Don't you dare, Yixing," she said sprinting to him once she realized what he would do. She put her hand to cover his mouth, hoping by doing so he would just stop saying it. "Don't you dare to make me do it." her eyes were wet, now she's begging him. Jisoo just knew that it's over once Yixing said what the wish was, because it was sacred, and she couldn't just ignore it like it was nothing. Because it's something that she once promised to do, like an unbreakable oath.

"I have to," Yixing put down her hand from his mouth, "I can't let you get rid of it like it was nothing. I swear to God, Baobei, I can never let you do that. It's my child too, I want you to keep it." 

"No! I don't want to!" and she started hitting on his chest and on his shoulders, and Yixing let her be. "You selfish jerk, how could you do this to me! I hate you!" she hit him and pushed him to vent her rage. She couldn't take it anymore, how dare he coerced her into doing this, she couldn't believe that he betrayed her and used that wish as a weapon to go against her will. She was angry, like, extremely angry. She never thought that she would feel this way toward him, but it was a total disappointment.

She squirmed to free herself when Yixing was trying to hold her, releasing her anger she swept his vanity with her arms that all his belongings were thrown out to the floor. The fragrance of perfume filled her senses from the broken glass bottle, her knuckles were sore for the contact with the hard objects. She sobbed on his vanity top, her mind went blank right away. She had no idea how she felt right now, she had no idea what to do anymore. All she knew now that it was all done, her life's done, and it's all her fault. It's her fault for being reckless, it's her fault that she failed to take care of herself. But it's definitely Yixing's fault for whatever going to happen with her in the future, it's his fault that she had to live with this. And she couldn't forgive that.

"Come on, Baobei, you're going to hurt yourself if you stay here." Yixing tried to approach her again pulling her body from his vanity, and Jisoo yanked his hands again. She turned around to look at him in so much hatred, 

"I hate you," she said. She had no idea if this really came genuinely from her heart, because the truth was, she could never hate him that way. But for now, this was what she really felt for him. She hated him for what he made her do, she really hated it. "If you make me do this, I swear I'll hate you for the rest of my life." she said before she rose and walked away to lock herself in the bedroom.

 

 

* * *

 

 

Yixing seriously had no idea what was happening right now. It felt like a dream, but it felt so real. It felt like he was having a lucid dream, when he was able to decide what he wanted to do, it's just that unfortunately, he didn't have any control over anything on it. He still couldn't believe it, Jisoo was pregnant, it's something... how should he say it? It's something miraculous, knowing that they'd been into the birth control program. When Jisoo let him know her plan, he was never against it. She knew better what to do, so he just played along with the dates when it came to satisfying his needs.

He had no idea where had gone wrong? It's either Jisoo had miscounted the date, or she didn't take her after-pill that caused this to happen, because he never really counted either. But he could to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter